Sali Hughes #62 it’s good manners, payment pending of course

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s the furious lip pursing and looks to the camera like, “can you believe this tit, seriously, I’m killing it here” for me.

A modern classic and yes, my god, it’s already looking vintage with all the changes she’s made. Those Guardian videos with Tiny S wearing a nice dress or blouse and perched on a table covered in products feels like 30 years ago. Her website, too. Freaky Friday brought me here and it was like stepping into a parallel universe. 😅 That she’s still dining out on her personal troelle hell (and being invited to, ugh) is so putrid.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Just watched it back again. Never fails to be hilarious.

Tattler said:
"It can't be that rough, it won an in bloom award."

Sali turned this into:
"They attempted to prove I'd grown up rich because the residents of a village I lived in ALMOST FORTY YEARS AGO won a community award for taking care of their public spaces. A wholly condescending situation that working class people must surely live in squalor and visible indignity to be legitimate."

So many other examples and she's bemoaning people twisting stuff 🤪, even trump might think she's gone a bit too far with her version of events.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.00.13.png

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.02.19.png

Her going on about lies here mainly seems about people saying I bet she got paid for that. But with influencers (especially back in 2019) being very murky it's common sense to question everything.

In freaky Friday she's obsessed with never been paid money by Charlotte Tilbury the brand or the person as if its a mic drop moment. But surely she's been to events and been given free products within 18 months of her posts? That counts as a business relationship with payment in the eyes of the UK competitions and markets authority Sali! Many of the things she said are lies are absolutely not as they either count as friends or she'd had stuff from these companies so are an ad.🤦‍♀️

It's not difficult.
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.13.40.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Tattler said:

Sali turned this into:
"They attempted to prove I'd grown up rich because the residents of a village I lived in ALMOST FORTY YEARS AGO won a community award for taking care of their public spaces. A wholly condescending situation that working class people must surely live in squalor and visible indignity to be legitimate."

So many other examples and she's bemoaning people twisting stuff 🤪, even trump might think she's gone a bit too far with her version of events.
View attachment 2837397
View attachment 2837401
In freaky Friday she's obsessed with never been paid money by Charlotte Tilbury the brand or the person
View attachment 2837434
I think* she said something like she'd never had a commercial relationship with either but she had received "a small inconvenience fee" for hosting an event at Selfridges with Ms Tilbury? Is it termed that so these people don't have to deal with the ick of being paid for a charity event?
I asdume this is the event. I don't really understand how SH gets these hosting gigs - she sounds as nervy as Putin offing a dissident here.

* I'm supposed to be working so can't check atm

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Tattler said:

Sali turned this into:

View attachment 2837397
View attachment 2837401

Her going on about lies here mainly seems about people saying I bet she got paid for that. But with influencers (especially back in 2019) being very murky it's common sense to question everything.

In freaky Friday she's obsessed with never been paid money by Charlotte Tilbury the brand or the person as if its a mic drop moment. But surely she's been to events and been given free products within 18 months of her posts? That counts as a business relationship with payment in the eyes of the UK competitions and markets authority Sali! Many of the things she said are lies are absolutely not as they either count as friends or she'd had stuff from these companies so are an ad.🤦‍♀️

It's not difficult.
View attachment 2837434
Omg I'd forgotten her indignance at her home town winning an 'In bloom award' 😂
She'd truly lost the plot hadn't she? Well I suppose as trolling goes its up there with what Dianne Abbott has to put up with 'Yeah - well your town won an In Bloom Award' as a top insult. Catherine Middleton doesn't know how lightly she got off does she?

And wasn't one of the problems people here had with Tilbury that Sali mentioned her in her Guardian column constantly? Hardly a week went by without Sali raving about one of her products. This was when there were comments under her column and people there were getting pissed off with it too. So naturally here got blamed for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think* she said something like she'd never had a commercial relationship with either but she had received "a small inconvenience fee" for hosting an event at Selfridges with Ms Tilbury? Is it termed that so these people don't have to deal with the ick of being paid for a charity event?
I think Sali's ideal of a commercial relationship differs widely to the rules.

From what she says I think she only considers it a commercial relationship if she's being paid cash. But if she'd gone to any event, dinner or received a free item from C Tilbury then under the rules she's received a payment. I think it's hard for Sali to understand as the rules for influencers are a lot stricter than old media.

All her grandiose claims about it standing up in court amount to nothing with her being both a columnist and an influencer.

Reactions: 16
I'd love one of those slide things where you can compare her face now and then. I'm astounded by the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I asdume this is the event. I don't really understand how SH gets these hosting gigs - she sounds as nervy as Putin offing a dissident here.

* I'm supposed to be working so can't check atm

'Your greatest fear in life is beige'. duck these people and their idiotic views. Our wee Sal has had more surgery than an acid attack victim yet tries to pretend that her looks are due to creme whilst she lisps and gulps her way through her pointless life. The sooner the Guardian realise what a shiller and liar she is the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.