Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am 100% sure that if I was on fire she wouldn't piss on me to save my life, so why would I feel sorry for her?

You made your bed, now lie in it.
Let's just say that a mutual friend told us lies about her, and we're now friends, everything is fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Morning fellow skiddies.

I too was starting to feel a little sorry for snippatha. Then I remembered her treatment of DOP, EW and LL.

And the way she lied about this site then sat back soaking it all in while her pals on twitter called folk on here vile names and suggested we ought to be beaten up.

So she can do one, really.
So this ⬆

If anyone has started to forget her bile-filled rant please rewatch it on IG. It’s worth remembering how absolutely seething and filled with rage she is in that video. She’s not scared or traumatised, she’s full of hate. At us. Her former fans. People who dared to take a step back and say ‘hang on a minute...’ Full of hate that her web of lies and shady ways were being exposed. Remember that she filmed this video to distract from being asked to comment on very widespread rumours that CT was a workplace bully and she couldn’t have jumped into her shell like a bleeping turtle quick enough and then filmed that video to hide behind further. Shameful and awful behaviour and I for one do not feel sorry for her whatsoever.

Haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. The John Oliver 30mins he did on herbalife was heartbreaking. That they had it subtitled or maybe dubbed in Spanish was so good of them. Parasites.

Sorry all. OT I know.
No I totally agree. Utter bastards. Ruining people’s lives with their lies. Offering people hope with one hand and robbing them with the other.

I am 100% sure that if I was on fire she wouldn't piss on me to save my life, so why would I feel sorry for her?

You made your bed, now lie in it.
If one of us was on fire she’d not even chuck us a #gifted factor 30 so she can duck right off

• Heart
Reactions: 19
And the way IK (in her column yesterday) jumped from talking about a video of a man being tortured to death by being set alight in a cage, straight to SH’s situation, makes my blood boil the more I think about it. It’s disgusting. She knows exactly what’s she’s doing with those words by pulling those two things together. Zero sympathy.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I wanted to ask about the famous Advanced Night Repair, is it really the holy grail of serums? I had a sample, don't get the cult status.

OT I'm off to get groceries and pigments for my masterpiece, and I'll be passing by a few drug stores and more high-end retailers. Here's a little pov-face tip, if you are shameless like me. When jacket and coat season comes along, I go to the perfume section and really go to town, especially when I'm wearing a coat and scarf. The scent lasts for a week. Then I just repeat. I don't blink in the store. And just to be a prick, I get the tester bottle of a Sisley or La Prarie cream to clean the swatches on my hand. One winter I was completely broke, and when I went to get my prescription at the chemist's, I'd end up with so many samples of Avene or some other French pharmacy brand that I would be set for a month.

Reactions: 12
And the way IK (in her column yesterday) jumped from talking about a video of a man being tortured to death by being set alight in a cage, straight to SH’s situation, makes my blood boil the more I think about it. It’s disgusting. She knows exactly what’s she’s doing with those words by pulling those two things together. Zero sympathy.
She also compared her predicament as a result of Brexit (I assume she doesn’t have citizenship) to the horrific fear and persecution faced by Jews in 1930s Germany. What a bleeping witch.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Anyone interested in MLMs The Dream podcast is really good. I was disappointed to see Sali working with Avon and recommending Tropic. It gives them a proper legitimately.

Reactions: 6
I wanted to ask about the famous Advanced Night Repair, is it really the holy grail of serums? I had a sample, don't get the cult status.
I honestly really love that (the foil masks are excellent also - get them when look fantastic has offers on). If I cleanse/serum each evening properly, I find my skin glows the next morning. And if I stop using it, my skin doesn’t look as bright, glowy or clarified.

Anyone interested in MLMs The Dream podcast is really good. I was disappointed to see Sali working with Avon and recommending Tropic. It gives them a proper legitimately.
What’s wrong with Tropic??

Reactions: 1

OT I'm off to get groceries and pigments for my masterpiece, and I'll be passing by a few drug stores and more high-end retailers. Here's a little pov-face tip, if you are shameless like me. When jacket and coat season comes along, I go to the perfume section and really go to town, especially when I'm wearing a coat and scarf. The scent lasts for a week. Then I just repeat. I don't blink in the store. And just to be a prick, I get the tester bottle of a Sisley or La Prarie cream to clean the swatches on my hand. One winter I was completely broke, and when I went to get my prescription at the chemist's, I'd end up with so many samples of Avene or some other French pharmacy brand that I would be set for a month.
I found it good, but it’s not multiples good of something like The Ordinary Buffet.

I often think the unspoken benefit of expensive skincare is because of the expense you’re more likely to use it consistently and that’s when you see results. (Not the only thing of course - but it’s less tangible than ingredients/formula).

Reactions: 5
Tropic are an MLM

If she was so well researched she wouldn't be touching this. I'm amazed :sneaky: she's never done a piece on MLM make up. It's mostly support to be terrible and hideously overpriced. But I suppose it just comes under the convenient "I don't write about what I don't like". It would be a storming first piece for a new scrappy upstart beauty editor to tackle.

Reactions: 9
I found it good, but it’s not multiples good of something like The Ordinary Buffet.

I often think the unspoken benefit of expensive skincare is because of the expense you’re more likely to use it consistently and that’s when you see results. (Not the only thing of course - but it’s less tangible than ingredients/formula).
Never tried the buffet. Is it any good?

And I am a lazy effer. I won’t keep using something just because it’s expensive. I have given away or sold a lot of stuff because it’s not worked for me. I use a six pound neutrogena face moisturiser and an eight pound sunscreen (biore) because they are really great.

Your mileage will vary, of course, but I really love it and would not be without it.

Reactions: 1
Can't stop thinking about Lauren Luke. Do any of you remember the video she did for Refuge. It was brilliant.

Also CT quote on the front of Pretty Iconic. Not same as money changing hands but there is a professional relationship there. Might be between agents, no idea.
SH and IK have the same literary agent.

Just seen Charlotte Tilbury has an MBE.

“Give a woman the right make-up and she can conquer the world!” — Charlotte Tilbury."

What utter, utter, utter tit....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Also astonishing and tone deaf of IK to write that column about SM having tried to clear out her foul posts on Twitter 48 hours earlier. She does truly think we are complete thickos. I wonder if Sali did give a bit of a groan when she saw it.

Suppose IK is safe in her nepotism bubble though, Sali maybe not so much. Tangled webs these blue tickers weave.

I actually do quite like it, my skin is normalish.

Reactions: 6
She also compared her predicament as a result of Brexit (I assume she doesn’t have citizenship) to the horrific fear and persecution faced by Jews in 1930s Germany. What a bleeping witch.
Did SH retweet IK's column? Interesting if she didn't

Reactions: 4
ANR did nothing for my skin. Mind you, this was years ago.
It’s good. But it won’t change your life. Seriously - get some prescription retinol and then supplement with something plain and hydrating. It’s utterly boring but if you want something that makes a difference that would be it.

Reactions: 3
I really like ANR, and have used it for years (long before I had heard of SH). It's one of those things that doesn't seem to be doing anything, but if I stop using it, my skin immediately looks crap. It's the one thing I would absolutely not do without, even if I had to make serious cutbacks in other areas to afford it.

That said, my skin is easily upset, and I am nervous about trying new things on it - there may well be better, cheaper alternatives out there.

Never tried the buffet. Is it any good?

And I am a lazy effer. I won’t keep using something just because it’s expensive. I have given away or sold a lot of stuff because it’s not worked for me. I use a six pound neutrogena face moisturiser and an eight pound sunscreen (biore) because they are really great.

Your mileage will vary, of course, but I really love it and would not be without it.
Oh, this is me. I found this really excellent skin care brand called Face Theory which is very reasonably priced, packaging is simple and completely vegan/cruelty free. Love their stuff!

I'm not advertising or anything, I just really like it. Cheap and effective skin care is my jam!

ANR is nice but I could easily live without it. There's just as good out there for less. It's difficult to say with skincare though, isn't it? What works for one person may break another out horribly and do on.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Poonique? Wtf is that? Some sort of rarified snail poo serum that costs 100 quid for a gram and dear Sally's recommended because of course she's been using for aaaaages, darling.
I think of poonanie(punanie) -vagina, snatch, pussy - when I see that word.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.