Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, that's what led me to search. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say these people are a little bit odd.
*oddface*

And please excuse me if I'm being extremely thick here but I thought whither meant where and SH wants to say something like "but what about Darfur?". Again, apologies if I'm being thick.
I think whither is more "where to". Like "Where is Darfur heading".

Reactions: 1
I find her (not friendship) but very public alliance with C"IMM"M odd for want of a better word. This Hyper Consumerist Performative Makeup Culture (thanks @litereally) is surely what CM sould be tearing apart. Not just wearing make up but the cultish side of it.
Yes! I’ve always thought their relationship, whatever it may be, weird. Laddish Caitlin and prissy Sali are an odd combination

Reactions: 3
I do feel sorry for Sali. But I also think there’s a measure of foolishness in fronting commercial interests. And there may not be money changing hands, I have no idea. But there is a now a history of years and years of suggesting products to buy.

Maybe it’s unfair to rip into Sali as she’s just doing the best by her family in an unfair society.

But also maybe there is a certain type of person who’s willing to confidently tell women how they can try a bit harder to look a certain way. She’s scary, there’s no doubt about it. I wouldn’t have had the confidence to start a conversation on any of her platforms.

I feel she’s a bit like the Sarah woman from the NIXIUM cult. Has anyone heard the podcast about that? Or like the head of an MLM branch. Just kind of telling people what and how to do things for their own good whilst profiting from it. By profiting I don’t necessarily mean money changing hands. But clearly it’s in her interest to keep the industry going.

I do feel bad for slating an individual. But I also think she’s probably pretty ruthless and has shut down conversation elsewhere. The bullying stuff is just horrendous and a way she could stay relevant would be to have made a video saying she’s sensitive, this website has hurt her feelings and now she sees what she’s done was probably quite powerful.

Sorry that’s a pre-coffee word salad for you all. You’re welcome.

Reactions: 9
Speaking of MLM, thanks to the poster that mentioned Poonique Elle Beau on the last thread, read it all yesterday

Poonique? Wtf is that? Some sort of rarified snail poo serum that costs 100 quid for a gram and dear Sally's recommended because of course she's been using for aaaaages, darling.

Reactions: 4
Speaking of MLM, thanks to the poster that mentioned Poonique Elle Beau on the last thread, read it all yesterday
That was me. It's Bananas B A N A N A S

An ex MLMer telling her horror story of trying to make it in a terrible make up pyramid scheme called younique. Used to be owned by Coty but they just dumped it.

Morning, skidmark comrades!
@Knickerbockerglory I get what you are saying about feeling sorry, since she is just one of the cogs in the machine, but her impact is huge (however peripheral she is), and should be held accountable.

Reactions: 6
. In Pretty Honest she says 'I own thousands of beauty products'. Now that isn't the norm is it? If the products she recommends are so good why on earth do you need thousands of anything? Why so many duplicates?
To be fair, this is because she gets sent them all for free/to review. She says in the interview in the bathroom with Lucy Mangan she never pays for any makeup or skincare but she knows how lucky she is - hence passing things on to other people/starting the beauty banks I guess.

Reactions: 2
I am so interested to see what her next move is going to be. I have a mental image of her in a big empty room, ever so slowly painting herself into the corner.

I also have a feeling she’s already “agreed” to part company with the Guardian (or at least the column) but they are working out an exit strategy/handover etc so everyone saves face. Another reason why it’s so convenient to peddle the fantasy that she is being hounded out of her job by trolls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I am so interested to see what her next move is going to be. I have a mental image of her in a big empty room, ever so slowly painting herself into the corner.

I also have a feeling she’s already “agreed” to part company with the Guardian (or at least the column) but they are working out an exit strategy/handover etc so everyone saves face. Another reason why it’s so convenient to peddle the fantasy that she is being hounded out of her job by trolls.
Yes!!!!! I 100% agree that the writing is on the wall with her column. I’m not sure if it was inevitable even before she cried Troll but if not, her meltdown and the Pandora’s Box it opened up must have sealed the deal. The Guardian must have seen what she’s inadvertently stirred up here and that it’s not going to do her any favours down the line.

Reactions: 6
Yes!!!!! I 100% agree that the writing is on the wall with her column. I’m not sure if it was inevitable even before she cried Troll but if not, her meltdown and the Pandora’s Box it opened up must have sealed the deal. The Guardian must have seen what she’s inadvertently stirred up here and that it’s not going to do her any favours down the line.
Was it 2011 she started? That's a long time.

Morning fellow skiddies.

I too was starting to feel a little sorry for snippatha. Then I remembered her treatment of DOP, EW and LL.

And the way she lied about this site then sat back soaking it all in while her pals on twitter called folk on here vile names and suggested we ought to be beaten up.

So she can do one, really.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't feel sorry for her at all. She chose a cut throat industry, she chose to bully other people, she chose to be very dishonest. Her Instagram is a business page. If I was tit at my job, bought my clients into disrepute and made up lies for attention no one would feel sorry for me. I can't feel sorry for her when this was all of her own making and a backlash is deserved.

She hasn't even apologized for her bullying and lies that are damaging to minimise people that actually face trolling and online abuse.

Reactions: 13
I am 100% sure that if I was on fire she wouldn't piss on me to save my life, so why would I feel sorry for her?

You made your bed, now lie in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also, check out the Betting on Zero documentary about Herbal Life which is the biggest MLM scheme in history. It’s fascinating
Haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. The John Oliver 30mins he did on herbalife was heartbreaking. That they had it subtitled or maybe dubbed in Spanish was so good of them. Parasites.

Sorry all. OT I know.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.