Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
πŸ‘†πŸΌπŸ‘†πŸΌπŸ‘†πŸΌπŸ‘†πŸΌπŸ‘†πŸΌ

I have been reliably informed that Missha Time Revolution Night Repair is very very similar to ANR in terms of composition. It’s currently on Amazon for around Β£26. Am yet to try it myself.
Oh, thanks for that - I've never heard of that brand, so am clearly not paying enough attention to the influencers! I am always scared of trying new skincare stuff in case my skin reacts to it, and tend to stay loyal to tried and tested products. I know this means I am probably missing out on some great things though.

Reactions: 2
Oh, thanks for that - I've never heard of that brand, so am clearly not paying enough attention to the influencers! I am always scared of trying new skincare stuff in case my skin reacts to it, and tend to stay loyal to tried and tested products. I know this means I am probably missing out on some great things though.
It’s a Korean Brand. Thus not something UK influencers like Sali are going to give a tit about.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, this is because she gets sent them all for free/to review. She says in the interview in the bathroom with Lucy Mangan she never pays for any makeup or skincare but she knows how lucky she is - hence passing things on to other people/starting the beauty banks I guess.
Yes tbf to her I know she didn't buy all her thousands of things - I think what got me is her normalising it. She didn't put it into context into Pretty Honest (free stuff, passing it on etc) - just stated 'I own thousands of beauty products' as if this were desirable and aspirational and just a bit nerdy.

I remember the Wither Darfur comments - can't remember the exact context though. How typical of St Pimple to act the victim over it. Poor me I 've had to put up with this for ten years. For fucks sake if people mildly occasionally questioning the importance of jollop you slap on your mush is the worst you have to put up with then boo bleeping hoo.

And if I do occasionally feel sorry for her I remind myself this mess she got herself into is entirely self inflicted. And she has behaved appallingly over it. She should thank her lucky stars on a daily basis how decent we are here and not vindictive. In the face of awful bile and threats and provocation we have not released the info we have about her murky past. The fact she directed people here to find it out for themselves is her own fault. In fact as far as I can see she has got out of it all relatively unscathed. How telling that nobody now at all asks her about her traumatic vid. Nobody. That is so wierd as it was only just over a week ago. Nobody asks her about the closing down Skidmark Central campaign. It's like collective embarrassment. Apart from India Mitford who seems shameless and frankly an idiot. She actually made things worse for St Pimple all round.

Last night I sat and started reading the SH thread from the very beginning. It is so mild. Questioning her and occasionally poking fun at her as a relatively public figure. I just don't understand what the hell she thought she was doing? Was it really worth it?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If she (as she says) didn't read it herself, I suspect the assistant has alerted her to it and really fucked up by just showing her the meaner posts and the handful of slightly odd comments about her ex and kids. This has given her a wildly skewed view of what is on here. The assistant and DSI Moran got all over excited and went on anundercover mission and made things worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The assistant is probably going to have to return her boots and continue with dog walking duties.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
It's all got very meta. I can now see that she could see somebody asking about her trolling as trolling. Eg 'St Pimple - what are your thoughts on Tattle Life?' now must seem a dig rather than concern.

Reactions: 7
Yes tbf to her I know she didn't buy all her thousands of things - I think what got me is her normalising it. She didn't put it into context into Pretty Honest (free stuff, passing it on etc) - just stated 'I own thousands of beauty products' as if this were desirable and aspirational and just a bit nerdy.

I remember the Wither Darfur comments - can't remember the exact context though. How typical of St Pimple to act the victim over it. Poor me I 've had to put up with this for ten years. For fucks sake if people mildly occasionally questioning the importance of jollop you slap on your mush is the worst you have to put up with then boo bleeping hoo.

And if I do occasionally feel sorry for her I remind myself this mess she got herself into is entirely self inflicted. And she has behaved appallingly over it. She should thank her lucky stars on a daily basis how decent we are here and not vindictive. In the face of awful bile and threats and provocation we have not released the info we have about her murky past. The fact she directed people here to find it out for themselves is her own fault. In fact as far as I can see she has got out of it all relatively unscathed. How telling that nobody now at all asks her about her traumatic vid. Nobody. That is so wierd as it was only just over a week ago. Nobody asks her about the closing down Skidmark Central campaign. It's like collective embarrassment. Apart from India Mitford who seems shameless and frankly an idiot. She actually made things worse for St Pimple all round.

Last night I sat and started reading the SH thread from the very beginning. It is so mild. Questioning her and occasionally poking fun at her as a relatively public figure. I just don't understand what the hell she thought she was doing? Was it really worth it?
I think she has definitely read the comments, at least those up until the video. The reason I'm fairly certain is because the way she characterised the comments is very similar to how I've seen her react to other criticisms. The video was a mixture of emotional manipulation taking things that were said and twisting or exaggerating them, omitting the fair criticism. She did something very similar in her argument with Owen Jones (I'm very much not an OJ fan). Kept saying how outrageous it was that he called her racist when he hadn't at all.
Ages ago someone questioned her use of a phrase in a column. They also criticised her ise of the phrase on Twitter. I don't remember if she defended herself in the guardian comments but on twitter she was unbelievably manipulative, guilt tripping the commentator andmportrayimg herself as a victim.
A lot of women will recognise that sort of behaviour. Belittling, manipulation, gaslighting. "Look what you made me do, you stupid witch. You've driven me to snooping you on FB and liking pictures if your children on FB".

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think she has definitely read the comments, at least those up until the video. The reason I'm fairly certain is because the way she characterised the comments is very similar to how I've seen her react to other criticisms. The video was a mixture of emotional manipulation taking things that were said and twisting or exaggerating them, omitting the fair criticism. She did something very similar in her argument with Owen Jones (I'm very much not an OJ fan). Kept saying how outrageous it was that he called her racist when he hadn't at all.
Ages ago someone questioned her use of a phrase in a column. They also criticised her ise of the phrase on Twitter. I don't remember if she defended herself in the guardian comments but on twitter she was unbelievably manipulative, guilt tripping the commentator andmportrayimg herself as a victim.
A lot of women will recognise that sort of behaviour. Belittling, manipulation, gaslighting. "Look what you made me do, you stupid witch. You've driven me to snooping you on FB and liking pictures if your children on FB".
Yes so true. Funnily I had just been thinking about her vid and the language she used (in fairness I still haven't seen it so I'm possibly talking shite πŸ˜‚ ) but for everytime she said something emotive like 'targetted' 'researched' 'scrutinised' 'mocked' she had used the word 'mentioned' she might've been somewhere nearer actual facts.

• Heart
Yes so true. Funnily I had just been thinking about her vid and the language she used (in fairness I still haven't seen it so I'm possibly talking shite πŸ˜‚ ) but for everytime she said something emotive like 'targetted' 'researched' 'scrutinised' 'mocked' she had used the word 'mentioned' she might've been somewhere nearer actual facts.
That screenshotted! (Or was it "screengrabbing away'?) I shared a video of Ruchard Ingram saying how innocent activities can be made to sound absolutely scurrilous by barristers in court about 10, 000 threads ago. SH s video made me think if that.

I think SH is going to regret very much her lack of engagement on The Guardian. Quite a mis step. Her airy pronoucements of 'oh I never read comments' has proved not to age well. If she had read comments she would've picked up on the general mood and reflected on it rather than dismissing any dissent as trolling. For instance she kept being told 'please no more Charlotte bloody Tilbury' but would shoehorn in a mention of her so often. She would mention the huge sustainability conference, not mentioning it was organised by Aveda, then there was a whole column on Aveda. It was so much ploughing on telling us what we should know rather than what we wanted to know. Plus not defending herself there came across I think as arrogant, and then being rude about the BtL comment section elsewhere didn't help.
Too late now to re write history with the commenters being 'a lovely community of women - it's such a shame' line.
Also if she does go, I'm afraid I can't see there being much of a clamour from those readers for her to stay - not out of meanness or spite - just indifference tbh. She has distanced herself too much for too long and just not listened.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If she (as she says) didn't read it herself, I suspect the assistant has alerted her to it and really fucked up by just showing her the meaner posts and the handful of slightly odd comments about her ex and kids. This has given her a wildly skewed view of what is on here. The assistant and DSI Moran got all over excited and went on anundercover mission and made things worse.
I'm sure Sali read it herself, I doubt the assistant is at fault.

She lives in a bubble where she thinks comments questioning her ethics (with justification) are going through absolute hell.

No one is to blame but Sali!

Sali has been quite quiet on social media, hasn’t she? Compared to her usual output I mean!

As far as I could see she had not re-tweeted the IK column and I wondered if that was because she’s likely to get a backlash?

The current Mumsnet thread is mainly quite clear eyed apart from the odd person who says Tattle is vile. But I’m really starting to think that other people who quickly condemn other people as vile.... could possibly be.... a bit vile πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm sure Sali read it herself, I doubt the assistant is at fault.

She lives in a bubble where she thinks comments questioning her ethics (with justification) are going through absolute hell.

No one is to blame but Sali!
Yes. It's almost as though she thinks she is above scrutiny.
Also, I read this tweet in that Fast Show P Waterhouse pissed up aristo voice (idk name).

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4

Reactions: 1
For instance she kept being told 'please no more Charlotte bloody Tilbury' but would shoehorn in a mention of her so often. She would mention the huge sustainability conference, not mentioning it was organised by Aveda, then there was a whole column on Aveda. It was so much ploughing on telling us what we should know rather than what we wanted to know.
Like every influencer, Sali thought she could say what she wanted, sell what she was being paid for, without question. These influencers are not able to answer questions when questioned. They cannot be honest and cannot prove their real worth. Or that their words have any worth.

Reactions: 10
I was trying to find that article @Nimblepimble so thanks.
I thought it was a buzzfeed piece for some reason.

Reactions: 2
Absolutely πŸ‘πŸΌ
I didn’t see someone upset in that video. I saw someone seething with rage who was manipulating the situation to her advantage.

Reactions: 11
I was trying to find that article @Nimblepimble so thanks.
I thought it was a buzzfeed piece for some reason.
Oh, I think I must be on about a different piece. I just skim read that one.
This one.

This is the column with the problematic phrase, making her reaction especially ironic.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.