Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another thing, on GTL back in the day she was really scathing of people choosing to go under a general anaesthetic for elective surgery. Her ears were done under local, doncha know?? And now she’s considering a breast reduction?! She is such a hypocrite.
So, she also has a loathing for this particular case? Why? Just why? Is she honestly concerned about possible side effects and the perils of general anesthesia? I'm kind of sorry I wasn't able to witness her bestowing wisdom in that forum. Will she take an ibuprofen when she gets the reduction?

Oh, I am a teacher of children! I live in sin though, not married.
There is clearly something wrong in our profession when it seems to churn out people like us. Or is it the other way around?

That article headline about the pressure to have Botox!! Has she forgotten that she has openly said she would tell friends (and would like to tell strangers) that they should have Botox.
I've seen a few references to her wanting to tell a stranger to get botox (for their 'elevens'?). Where did she say this, please? Was it an article or on Twitter?

Was she always so busty? I remember last year wondering if she was pregnant because she seemed to have much bigger boobs than before.
I know! They seem to have appeared from nowhere. It’s prob just weight gain. Even half a stone can do it. When I gain or lose weight it’s always on my boobs first. I do sympathise with her. I’d love a breast reduction but I’m a wimp. I think a fuller bust definitely looks matronly on her and she knows it

Reactions: 1
I've seen a few references to her wanting to tell a stranger to get botox (for their 'elevens'?). Where did she say this, please? Was it an article or on Twitter?
I've mentioned the google hangout when she and IK were talking that they told their friend about getting botox and that the friend took it well. IK then talked about how some women don't have any friends and that she would like to take them under her wing or something like that. It's on YouTube (Should we age gracefully or go down fighting)

I've mentioned the google hangout when she and IK were talking that they told their friend about getting botox and that the friend took it well. IK then talked about how some women don't have any friends and that she would like to take them under her wing or something like that. It's on YouTube (Should we age gracefully or go down fighting)
Is that the one with Caroline Hirons and Brix Smith too? I've watched something like that but not noticed that comment (may have zoned out).

I have just had a quick look through the GTL FB page and it is very quiet and fairly very non beauty related and nothing that I noticed from SH, where a few weeks ago she was quite responsive. And not much from the former major contributors.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The obvious place for these average women who can’t stop talking on YouTube to get Botox would be their jaws.

I’m the married teacher of children.

(and as she types this, she hears a noise and peers out the window to see Lauren outside with a 🔦 in the early morning darkness, rooting through her bins)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m the married teacher of children.

(and as she types this, she hears a noise and peers out the window to see Lauren outside with a 🔦 in the early morning darkness, rooting through her bins)

I am a married lesbian Jew who is and will always be an Ed Miliband fan (sob!) with zero kids unless you count the furried variety, of which I have three!! I also work as a tax lawyer at CMS. Let’s see how long it takes for you to ID me, Sally.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I am staggered that it has come to this, and for what? People on this forum revealing blatant inconsistencies in an influencer’s own stories. Is that not ok?

It’s the little things that speak volumes. So the “writer’s retreat” SH claimed to go on was really a famous weight loss clinic.. why would someone lie about wanting to quickly lose weight? Hmm.. Maybe because you’ve previously been sneery about “detox” and “wellness retreat” claims? Maybe because you’ve boasted about never having to exercise and being a small size? Declared you’d never crash diet? And even if you’re using the week to write a lot, it doesn’t change the purpose of the establishment I’m afraid.

I have no idea, but i know that no one here cares if she wants to go to a weight loss clinic, - it’s not the “gossip” angle - it’s the fibbing and the spin that rings alarm bells over the place. And all of the little things add up.

And let’s face it - the wheels really came off when the new ASA guidelines came into play and it was clear SH was more of an influencer than any of the other hats she wears.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know, right?! Questioning inconsistencies and motivations/agenda should not be a problem. It certainly never has been before. And she ought to have previously revealed things like having free haircuts at Hersheshons, before so many here races off to do the same. THAT would have been the pretty honest thing to do. Is is so surprising that we now feel we were duped?

If she had ignored us, or released a written statement on IG / Twitter saying family is off limits, but was prepared to address concerns re professional integrity, there would not have been all this fuss. Many other influencers did just that when the new ASA guidelines came into play.

Instead, she made false and hyperbolic accusations that have ended up biting her in the ass because so many came here to see what the fuss was. And now she’s making false claims about us being led by a JC superfan?!?! Who the hell would that be? He’s barely got a mention here until she piped up on Twitter

[FWIW, I am not, nor have I ever been a fan of his. His stance on Israel is something I cannot abide (I am a Jew with Israeli parents!) but if there is something I will not tolerate, it is false accusations of antisemitism - remember the boy who cried wolf?! Those of us who actually are Jews will be the ones ultimately paying the price for that, not the gentiles with an axe to grind]

She thinks she is being clever by claiming she has uncovered our identities. She is wrong, and she and Lauren would do well to remember that if they wrongly “out” anyone as a troll, or unleash a mob against us, we can go after her for harassment and defamation - and she could lose her home and everything she has worked for as a result.

Tread carefully, Sali & Lauren, because you’re playing with fire now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Is that the one with Caroline Hirons and Brix Smith too? I've watched something like that but not noticed that comment (may have zoned out).
Yes, that's the video

Honestly, we shouldn't even be contemplating who is the JC superfan, because she's blatantly lied before about what's being written here, so this superfan (Our Dear Leader) is a figment of her imagination.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yes, that's the video

Honestly, we shouldn't even be contemplating who is the JC superfan, because she's blatantly lied before about what's being written here, so this superfan (Our Dear Leader) is a figment of her imagination.
Does anyone else remember that from the Facebook group?? That’s what her acolytes used to call her, and they would call themselves Sali’s Army! Ick!!

Sounds like a classic case of projection to me.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I am a married lesbian Jew who is and will always be an Ed Miliband fan (sob!) with zero kids unless you count the furried variety, of which I have three!! I also work as a tax lawyer at CMS. Let’s see how long it takes for you to ID me, Sally.
Am just imagining the complete fury this post has incited in her 😂

they would call themselves Sali’s Army!
Actually laughing at that

Does anyone else remember that from the Facebook group?? That’s what her acolytes used to call her, and they would call themselves Sali’s Army! Ick!!

Sounds like a classic case of projection to me.
Yup, and they used to call Caroline Hirons 'La Hirons' or 'The great Lady H'. I think Sali was 'La Hughes' actually.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Morning Scumsters! :)

I've been wanting to post here more often but it's been one thing after the other. I'm applying for secondary schools for my kid and it's filling in SIFs, handing the bloody SIFs in person, references, photocopying everything, buying/downloading extra material for him to prepare for entry exams, tutoring, etc, etc, etc. Is that too early for gin? (La Hughes hates gin IIRC, so bring it :p ).

@Jelly Bean was it you who said that things slowed down here? I supposed they did after the initial flurry of Freaky Friday, but the ppl who came here and took time to read everything (like me) saw that her claims were a pack of lies, that nobody here is doing what she said, ie. attacking her kids, talking about here mother/father and so on.

I've said it before, she was annoyed with the things that were being written here and thought of it as an opportunity to cry troll and sadfish thinking she would garner some sympathy, gain followers and generate clicks, all the time assuming no one was going to come here and fact check. She knew that her clout was diminishing as time went on and that the comments on her column were a time bomb waiting to explode so she had to do something about it. But when she did, things went spectacularly wrong for her. All the trolling and bullying she inflicted on others surfaced, the Corens spoke up, all the botox tit and "kindly gifted" stuff started being ridiculed questioned more vocally. She brought it on herself and has no one else to blame for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I am staggered that it has come to this, and for what? People on this forum revealing blatant inconsistencies in an influencer’s own stories. Is that not ok?

It’s the little things that speak volumes. So the “writer’s retreat” SH claimed to go on was really a famous weight loss clinic.. why would someone lie about wanting to quickly lose weight? Hmm.. Maybe because you’ve previously been sneery about “detox” and “wellness retreat” claims? Maybe because you’ve boasted about never having to exercise and being a small size? Declared you’d never crash diet? And even if you’re using the week to write a lot, it doesn’t change the purpose of the establishment I’m afraid.

I have no idea, but i know that no one here cares if she wants to go to a weight loss clinic, - it’s not the “gossip” angle - it’s the fibbing and the spin that rings alarm bells over the place. And all of the little things add up.

And let’s face it - the wheels really came off when the new ASA guidelines came into play and it was clear SH was more of an influencer than any of the other hats she wears.
Wow I didn't know that! Now that you mention it though I remember Alex Steinherr was there at the same time. I'm sure it was #kindlygifted

Sali wrote a Pool thinkpiece on the cult of wellness and has said several times that women who are disingenuous about weight loss are doing other women no favours.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Wow I didn't know that! Now that you mention it though I remember Alex Steinherr was there at the same time. I'm sure it was #kindlygifted

Sali wrote a Pool thinkpiece on the cult of wellness and has said several times that women who are disingenuous about weight loss are doing other women no favours.
I listened to a Guilty Feminist episode where Deborah Frances White was talking about an expensive writing and ‘starvation’ retreat she went on and it sounded brutal to me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.