Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus

Didn't have Lisa Eldridge as the goop-y type, I'm slightly dissapointed (is my judgment jealousy?)

These kind of reviews slightly remind me of actresses who overexaggerate eating burgers and trying hard to be so relatable.
(Authors brother went to the clinic and so author obviously knew what to expect and would have willingly chosen to go)

Hey up skiddies and JC Superfans!

I have a good pal who is a proper published author, with a book deal and everything. She's been on (and taught at) several writer's retreats.

They definitely don't starve you - not the ones she's been to, anyway. They do exact their pound of flesh mind, but not by depriving you of food!

£4k to be starved for a week? No thanks. I'll stick to my toxins thanks very much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yes it was me who said things had slowed down here - not saying it as bad thing at all but that it had got back to what it was before the video - which made me wonder why she had got so upset about here in the first place? It ticked along fairly quietly with maybe a slight flurry at the weekend around column time. Which is why a few people on IG had to ask what site she meant and even people here thought she meant somewhere else as they didn't recognise her claims. Then what with her and her friend and her assistant spying and liking photos of children the whole thing rapidly got very bizarre. The children's photo thing is just downright creepy the more you think about it really.

Reactions: 6
Lord, that is the saddest menu I've ever seen, surely the amazing feeling that people walk away with is psychosomatic for having been fleeced and fed epsom salts

Reactions: 3
After reading that retreat I'm thinking I could run one from my garage.
Imagine having to tit on cue!

• Haha
Hey up skiddies and JC Superfans!

I have a good pal who is a proper published author, with a book deal and everything. She's been on (and taught at) several writer's retreats.

They definitely don't starve you - not the ones she's been to, anyway. They do exact their pound of flesh mind, but not by depriving you of food!

£4k to be starved for a week? No thanks. I'll stick to my toxins thanks very much.
Out of the loop, but wouldn't surpise me if this was just a "press treatment" justified/misled as being a "writers retreat", as iv drips, calories restriction and other woo doesn't sound purposed at all for a writers retreat. In comparison, whispersred (she is lovely) posted a video talking about writing her book, her routine, booking a little cabin at the end of someone's garden to focus fully.... not sure how having your day, hungry and regimented for treatments is going to help.

Well, this is as much a "writers retreat" as I am brain surgeon.

I’d usually head to bed around 7pm (who am I?!) because I developed a mild addiction to Gossip Girl and carry out my ‘liver pack’, which involves applying a cold, soaked towel to your stomach with a hot water bottle on top. It apparently promotes detoxification and chills you out.
I would love to see the scientific evidence for that. 😂

And I remember very clearly La Hughes being very vocal against any kind of detox saying it was all bollocks. If you cut caffeine, sugar, alcohol and starve to death, of course you'll lose weight and feel better after a week. You can do that yourself at home for free though.

Reactions: 5
Did anyone read Valley of the Dolls where they do the “sleep cure” for weight loss? I can remember SH going on this trip and even without knowing much about it, for some reason it immediately made me think of VOTD. Seems I wasn’t too far wrong!

Reactions: 4
I actually quite fancy that, not that I could/would be able to spunk £4k on it (no #presstrip for me). The thought of just not really thinking for a week and trying to kick some slovenly habits, even just for that short time totally appeals to me.

As far removed from a ‘writers retreat’ as possible. Also, writing what exactly. Why not be honest and say, ‘yeah I’m off for a detox, spa retreat, let’s see what the fuss is about’ but no, not good old Sal.

Reactions: 7
Yes it was me who said things had slowed down here - not saying it as bad thing at all but that it had got back to what it was before the video - which made me wonder why she had got so upset about here in the first place? It ticked along fairly quietly with maybe a slight flurry at the weekend around column time. Which is why a few people on IG had to ask what site she meant and even people here thought she meant somewhere else as they didn't recognise her claims. Then what with her and her friend and her assistant spying and liking photos of children the whole thing rapidly got very bizarre. The children's photo thing is just downright creepy the more you think about it really.
The Assistant going round on FB and Instagram and liking people's kids' pictures is very creepy and disturbing.

But of course WE are the stalkers, pond scum, shitmouths, skidmarks, etc, etc, etc.

The retreat in question has been well-documented by a variety of celebs. My understanding is that it’s a holistic approach place where you get assessed on arrival and can be prescribed anything from full relaxation to wood walls to more strenuous activities depending on what your body needs are. LE has commented on several occasions about her trips there. Here is a more recent post:
AE7C7703-85E2-4D11-B939-389C4843BBDC.png

The problem here, again, is Sally's honesty (or lack of).

If you want to go to a clinic to do a holistic/detox/weigh loss retreat that's absolutely fine. If I had £4000 to burn for a week I'd definitely go as I have no will power to cut caffeine/sugar/food on my own. But why would you have to disguise as a "writers retreat"?

Her lipsticks of the day are all nudes and practically identical , her make up never changes.

If you want to go to a clinic to do a holistic/detox/weigh loss retreat that's absolutely fine. If I had £4000 to burn for a week I'd definitely go as I have no will power to cut caffeine/sugar/food on my own. But why would you have to disguise as a "writers retreat"?
She’s never been relatable to the ordinary woman on the street and has no desire to either. To say she’s been to a writers retreat ( was dear Judith there as well?) rather than saying weight loss clinic sounds grand and superior, just how Sali sees herself and totally unlike us😁.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think it sounds awesome, and money aside, I can totally get onboard with being in a place like this and politely decline all the plinky-plonky wellness add-ons (reiki, I’m talking about you) that don’t appeal.

Not sure why one one will feel a reason to not disclose being at such a place- it’s a form of self-care, albeit extremely extravagant. Why call it ‘writing retreat’ as if not to appear too indulgent to say you’ve taken some time out to look after your physical and mental wellbeing?

Last edited:
She does like to massage the truth to fit in with this lofty idea she has of herself. That trip would have been a junket with a bunch of other health and beauty writers, ergo - in Sali's mind - a "writers' retreat". It's so pretentious of her, and so thoroughly in character. She knows she'll never be a "serious author", but that doesn't stop her trying to shoehorn herself into that world. You just know she sees herself as the rightful heir to Nora Ephron. Bleugh

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

I’d say she called it that so it could be a tax-deductible business expense, EXCEPT for the fact that she name-checked the place so many times that it absolutely had to be an undeclared freebie.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.