Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't be arsed to find the recent comments but I'm fairly sure she said she had been open and had mentioned it in Pool columns. Also that she has mentioned it at events. Perfect opportunity for women to ask for recommendations discretely.
And she can them point them in the direction of FPJ (or whoever). I wonder if she pays for her botox.

I also wonder if it is usual to forget to have a treatment for which you have paid or will be paying or common for a Dr to forget to administer a treatment for which they are charging a client.

But I am ignorant of such matters and admit that I don't know how such things work. I may be missing something which would be very obvious to those who move in that world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't get why Sali is being called out for dishonesty. Her book was called Pretty Honest and I always read the 'pretty' as an adverb meaning 'fairly honest' or 'moderately honest'.
Steady now, such levels of critical thinking only lead people to murky places like this forum.

Besides other things already discussed her, one of the most irritating things about SH has been than the vast amount of topics and subjects she has written about inevitably have lead back to her in order to validate her own experiences and beliefs. There has been so much i absolutely love’ and i absolutely hate’ firm opinions on a variety of topics she has been quick to expressed- in this day and age, and as a middle- aged (whispers, ‘mature’) person, not having the humility to occasionally remain sitting on the fence and be more accepting of nuances in opinions, is tiring and off-putting to her audience.

Reactions: 7
And then to go an a twitter rant about nuance and not being black and white in your opinions. The lack of self-awareness is staggering

You will note there's no memtion of where the articles referred to were published. In recent discussion SH stated that she'd been open about her botox use, mentioning them in articles for the Pool, the website that no longer exists. If anyone can get cached versions, here are a few possibilities. I have no recollection of her saying she had botox because I, naively perhaps, would have been outraged.
There is a wonderful site called Wayback Machine, where you can find all sorts of lost internet things. A couple of minutes using the info above and you can find the Pool articles in all their glory (I hope the links work!):
https://web.archive.org/web/20190202012338/https://the-pool.com/life/life-honestly/2017/15/sali-hughes-on-15-years-of-botox
https://web.archive.org/web/2019030...fe-honestly/2017/48/Sali-Hughes-on-going-grey
https://web.archive.org/web/2015092...4/Sali-Hughes-in-praise-of-honest-celebrities

Definitely no mention here of her own botox experiences.

I am also a newbie, brought here by the recent furore. Typical of many, I used to love Sali's work, but my disillusion set in around the time she (or was it IK?) wrote about hair extensions, and Sali was all 'but of course!' about it - it felt dishonest and made me feel stupid and naive - I had no clue that it was regular thing for women of my age!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There is a wonderful site called Wayback Machine, where you can find all sorts of lost internet things. A couple of minutes using the info above and you can find the Pool articles in all their glory (I hope the links work!):
https://web.archive.org/web/2019020...stly/2017/15/sali-hughes-on-15-years-of-botox
https://web.archive.org/web/2019030...fe-honestly/2017/48/Sali-Hughes-on-going-grey
https://web.archive.org/web/2015092...4/Sali-Hughes-in-praise-of-honest-celebrities

I am also a newbie, brought here by the recent furore. Typical of many, I used to love Sali's work, but my disillusion set in around the time she (or was it IK?) wrote about hair extensions, and Sali was all 'but of course!' about it - it felt dishonest and made me feel stupid and naive - I had no clue that it was regular thing for women of my age!
That is the tack she has taken definitely - muddy the waters re Botox use (and hair extensions). Keep saying enough times 'I TOLD you I was having Botox' so people start to doubt themselves - even people here who have followed her for ages and never ever recall her explicitly saying she had it. Talking about it, saying she thinks Botox done well is a good thing, recommending clinics is NOT the same thing at all. At all. And how rude to say 'I've never had forehead wrinkles' like that is a revolting idea. It is so telling that a lot of women, after watching her video, said they never realised she had had Botox (and women not on this site who didn't even have a dog in the fight).
And why does The Assistant feel the need to bloody hang on SHs coat tails and have a little passive aggressive dig all the time.

Reactions: 6
https://web.archive.org/web/20190202012338/https://the-pool.com/life/life-honestly/2017/15/sali-hughes-on-15-years-of-botox

Anyone not blocked who cares to ask her with the utmost politeness to point them in the direction.of those articles she wrote?

Reactions: 1
Here's the tweet concerned.
She is becoming deranged. Not sure anyone gave a stuff about her husband, she was the one who shared the Tory, shag, lower earner stuff. Her narcissism is maybe struggling a bit with the self imposed lack of IG activity, not enough fawning for her to luxuriate in. Ok hands up JC superfan, she has obviously been working hard to out you, not sure why.

Reactions: 4
JC Superfan isn’t me.

Sali never likes a slow news day- needed to mention the word ‘troll’ again just to gauge public reaction a few weeks on from her histrionic meltdown when she finally realised that folk, former fans, now had the measure of her.

Can we please not forget that she stalked someone’s kid’s photo?? #neverforget

Reactions: 6
She is becoming deranged. Not sure anyone gave a stuff about her husband, she was the one who shared the Tory, shag, lower earner stuff. Her narcissism is maybe struggling a bit with the self imposed lack of IG activity, not enough fawning for her to luxuriate in. Ok hands up JC superfan, she has obviously been working hard to out you, not sure why.
I wonder if it's Emma Louise (was that the name on the tweet with a music video that was deleted?) Or if they are a teacher? She's sprinkling these details to either freak out people (bear in mind she's been on people's LinkedIn. Or rather her assistant has. Ahem.) Or she's just making up bollocks to sound wise and all knowing. Maybe a bit of both.

JC Superfan isn’t me.

Sali never likes a slow news day- needed to mention the word ‘troll’ again just to gauge public reaction a few weeks on from her histrionic meltdown when she finally realised that folk, former fans, now had the measure of her.

Can we please not forget that she stalked someone’s kid’s photo?? #neverforget
Yeah. I think any further thread name should include this fact eg "it's cos you creep liked a photo of someone's children on Facebook"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Re-reading that grey hair article is just cringe, isn’t it? To say very publicly, I am doing this thing, and I am delighted about it, then clearly just keep right on colouring her hair. (I colour mine, have done since I was about 14, so it’s not that I disagree with it!)

Reactions: 4
Def.

And can we please not forget that she published on twitter that she knew where we lived?

Not your finest hour, Sal.

Reactions: 5
I am assuming she is referring to me as the JC superfan, but actually I am not. I desperately wanted Ed Milliband to be our PM and I am still devastated that he lost. Also, I haven’t been around that long, so how could I be leading you all?!?!

Anyway, she clearly hasn’t managed to ID me (yet) because I remain unblocked on Twitter, Facebook and IG. So, if you are watching Sali & Lauren, when are you going to post up the next foundation video???! Inquiring minds want to know!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Maybe she suspects that JC Stan Diane Abbott is trolling her back

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I wonder if it's Emma Louise (was that the name on the tweet with a music video that was deleted?) Or if they are a teacher? She's sprinkling these details to either freak out people (bear in mind she's been on people's LinkedIn. Or rather her assistant has. Ahem.) Or she's just making up bollocks to sound wise and all knowing. Maybe a bit of both.
For info. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

The Pool article definitely did not mention her having botox, it was about how others are wrongly criticised for it. Love that Olivia Colman's face is shown, and not Sali's. I guess she was trying to show she was "not there yet" in terms of people having botox
Oh god it’s like the menopause thing all over again.
Re-reading that grey hair article is just cringe, isn’t it? To say very publicly, I am doing this thing, and I am delighted about it, then clearly just keep right on colouring her hair. (I colour mine, have done since I was about 14, so it’s not that I disagree with it!)
The irony is “beauty things I’ve changed my mind about as I’ve grown older” would actually be an interesting column, if the writer could be big enough to leave their ego at the door.

And by leaving ego at the door I mean someone who would be genuinely open.

So... not like someone who writes an article about what a terrible mother they are and their big opening example is that they forgot to buy their child an Easter egg to take to school until the evening before so had to buy it from the local service station instead of the supermarket.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Another thing, on GTL back in the day she was really scathing of people choosing to go under a general anaesthetic for elective surgery. Her ears were done under local, doncha know?? And now she’s considering a breast reduction?! She is such a hypocrite.

That article headline about the pressure to have Botox!! Has she forgotten that she has openly said she would tell friends (and would like to tell strangers) that they should have Botox.

In the interests of full transparency, I have had the following:

Uterine ablation for heavy periods (LIFE CHANGING)
Botox for sweating and to stop chin dropping
Nose job, veneers and braces
Peels and lasers for skin resurfacing

I am happy with what I have had done. I may have more. I would NEVER dream of telling anyone else what they could/should do, not even my wife. 🤯 (She would probably divorce me!!)
1. I'll be looking into uterine ablation!
2. You are not selling, I mean recommending, topical cosmetics, so you don't have to declare tit. And as she has pointed out, it's a much more complicated subject when you are in her line of work, as lots of things are concerning women's appearance anyway.
However, threats of doxxing are not complicated at all.

Reactions: 3
Another thing, on GTL back in the day she was really scathing of people choosing to go under a general anaesthetic for elective surgery. Her ears were done under local, doncha know?? And now she’s considering a breast reduction?! She is such a hypocrite.
Was she always so busty? I remember last year wondering if she was pregnant because she seemed to have much bigger boobs than before.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.