Sali Hughes #6 Eric's at the cat flap, hide your side of beef with a shower cap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"It's further proof that I am a bad person..." How sanctimonious can she get. It's pisstaking. There's other stuff SH has done which I think makes her a bad person (manipulating her freinds, fans and followers with that stupid video, gaslighting the women here, getting her mates to follow on IG/snoop LinkedIn profiles of her detractors, creep liking a picture of someone's children).

Reactions: 5
Long-time lurker/moderate SH reader until the Instagram debacle unfolded.

Her obsession over this place is rooted in her own unconscious belief that she is, in fact, a bad person. She and her mates have to publicly lambaste everyone on here as subhuman scum because they can't live in a world where any of the criticism *could* be credible. But of course they all know that some of it must be, which is why they're so defensive, circling the wagons every time one of them breaks a nail.

Seriously witty writing on here btw, 10/10. And not remotely as vicious as SH & co. made it out to be. Well done guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I wonder why she's even mentioning the trolling. Seems odd and shoehorned in. Testing the water for people's reaction to it now?
I read it as since she is such an important figure, it is only natural she has trolls. It gives some credence to her tweets. In a histrionic way.

Reactions: 3
Long-time lurker/moderate SH reader until the Instagram debacle unfolded.

Her obsession over this place is rooted in her own unconscious belief that she is, in fact, a bad person. She and her mates have to publicly lambaste everyone on here as subhuman scum because they can't live in a world where any of the criticism *could* be credible. But of course they all know that some of it must be, which is why they're so defensive, circling the wagons every time one of them breaks a nail.

Seriously witty writing on here btw, 10/10. And not remotely as vicious as SH & co. made it out to be. Well done guys.
Welcome! Yes I think you must be right. If you were truly unconcerned about what we waffle on about here you would just dismiss it surely? Yes it isn't nice to be talked about in not always flattering terms but trolling and bullying? But I think you hit the nail on the head - she knows we aren't stupid and irrational and mindlessly 'out to get' her. Just a lot of cynical and concerned ex-fans which is far more worrying. 'Circling the wagons' is the perfect expression.
And her 'proof I'm a bad person' comment is just a bit embarrassing. Obviously hoping people would swoop in with reassurance. Which they didn't 😂 .

Reactions: 10
It's an odd approach for journalist. Write about something a lot, even private personal stuff, but if anyone remembers and quotes it they are obsessed and trolling. Also she wrote a lot about her Mum but apparently mentioning that counts as 'deep research' rather than a brief perusal of Pretty Honest or Google.
"WHY are you so obsessed with me?! Love ya X"

Reactions: 4
Welcome! Yes I think you must be right. If you were truly unconcerned about what we waffle on about here you would just dismiss it surely? Yes it isn't nice to be talked about in not always flattering terms but trolling and bullying? But I think you hit the nail on the head - she knows we aren't stupid and irrational and mindlessly 'out to get' her. Just a lot of cynical and concerned ex-fans which is far more worrying. 'Circling the wagons' is the perfect expression.
And her 'proof I'm a bad person' comment is just a bit embarrassing. Obviously hoping people would swoop in with reassurance. Which they didn't 😂 .
Hmm.. I wonder if a lot of her contacts also thought it was odd when she made a big deal out of dating someone with different politics to her own?

And she evidently thinks it’s a safe topic to return to as evidence of how bad her “trolls” are!

(Btw “circling the wagons” is potentially upsetting for cultural/historical reasons - I only found this out recently. Hate to be that person, sorry. Maybe “closing rank”?)

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Well, exactly. She claims she’s mentioned it all over the place, but the fact that nobody can find all those articles she claimed to write about it suggests that this is a porky.
But I think someone on here, or SH herself, said where she actually has mentioned it, or alluded to it. Perhaps just on Instagram? It was definitely not full and frank openness. And I don’t think it was ever in her column? Would be interesting to see what exactly her disclosure amounts to.

For all their so-called feistiness and 'zero fucks given' attitude SH and her chums are awfully delicate flowers when someone doesn't agree with them. No idea how to debate and not take it personally. I was reading with fascination Caroline Hirons on twitter today. She just tweeted something about 'remind me never to mention the word vegan on twitter again' and saying how preachy vegans are. So I read the original (which was about Lewis Hamilton) expecting unhinged ravings from people - instead comments were intelligent, polite, but just not agreeing with her 100%. These bluetickers are so used to every utterance being unchallenged that when someone does, however politely, they can't handle it - block, mute, moan, lable it trolling, be rude 'dunno', imply people are nutters. Next tactic is to bang on about how great Twitter used to be, when it was such a wonderful community before all the foul hordes got their greasy beefy mitts on it (when you could bully people for nearly a year unchallenged apparently and brag about wanting to punch people in the face).
No wonder their heads would explode finding somewhere like this 😂 .

Wasn't aware that there was a leader here? Would love to know who this is!
'I am Spartacus!'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
The funniest thing is that she spilled the majority of her "personal life" while interviewing someone. Great journalism.

Reactions: 8
For all their so-called feistiness and 'zero fucks given' attitude SH and her chums are awfully delicate flowers when someone doesn't agree with them. No idea how to debate and not take it personally. I was reading with fascination Caroline Hirons on twitter today. She just tweeted something about 'remind me never to mention the word vegan on twitter again' and saying how preachy vegans are. So I read the original (which was about Lewis Hamilton) expecting unhinged ravings from people - instead comments were intelligent, polite, but just not agreeing with her 100%. These bluetickers are so used to every utterance being unchallenged that when someone does, however politely, they can't handle it - block, mute, moan, lable it trolling, be rude 'dunno', imply people are nutters. Next tactic is to bang on about how great Twitter used to be, when it was such a wonderful community before all the foul hordes got their greasy beefy mitts on it (when you could bully people for nearly a year unchallenged apparently and brag about wanting to punch people in the face).
No wonder their heads would explode finding somewhere like this 😂 .

'I am Spartacus!'

Omg CH! Such a basic modus operandi:

1. Throw out bait tweet on sensitive topic
2. Wait for the (earnest, heartfelt, reasonable) responses to roll in
3. Spend the next few hours dishing out sassy replies and firing everyone up
4. Claim everyone is overreacting

There’s one person who perfected this method and that’s... P*ers M*rgan. Imagine choosing him for a template for your online behaviour :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For all their so-called feistiness and 'zero fucks given' attitude SH and her chums are awfully delicate flowers when someone doesn't agree with them. No idea how to debate and not take it personally. I was reading with fascination Caroline Hirons on twitter today. She just tweeted something about 'remind me never to mention the word vegan on twitter again' and saying how preachy vegans are.
'I am Spartacus!'

The projection is strong.

My name is Legion, for we are many.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know exactly where and when Sali has mentioned her Botox use?
Re SH being open and transparent about her botox use. I found the original SH thread after googling "Sali Hughes botox". At the time I also found a result from IG (screenshots included). From an earlier thread I have also seen a discussion on IG after a "troll" called blobbyfish commented that SH had had IG.

Attachments

You will note there's no memtion of where the articles referred to were published. In recent discussion SH stated that she'd been open about her botox use, mentioning them in articles for the Pool, the website that no longer exists. If anyone can get cached versions, here are a few possibilities. I have no recollection of her saying she had botox because I, naively perhaps, would have been outraged.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
The Pool article definitely did not mention her having botox, it was about how others are wrongly criticised for it. Love that Olivia Colman's face is shown, and not Sali's. I guess she was trying to show she was "not there yet" in terms of people having botox

Reactions: 3
That article headline about the pressure to have Botox!! Has she forgotten that she has openly said she would tell friends (and would like to tell strangers) that they should have Botox.

In the interests of full transparency, I have had the following:

Uterine ablation for heavy periods (LIFE CHANGING)
Botox for sweating and to stop chin dropping
Nose job, veneers and braces
Peels and lasers for skin resurfacing

I am happy with what I have had done. I may have more. I would NEVER dream of telling anyone else what they could/should do, not even my wife. 🤯 (She would probably divorce me!!)

Reactions: 6
I can't be arsed to find the recent comments but I'm fairly sure she said she had been open and had mentioned it in Pool columns. Also that she has mentioned it at events. Perfect opportunity for women to ask for recommendations discretely.

• Wow
I think Sali misses the attention her ‘important troll statement’ brought her over that weekend ,minus The Corens revealing what a hypocritical bully she is , of course.

Her column is weak , self centred and , quite frankly, she’s old fashioned and jaded . That superiority complex of hers has done her no favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.