Sali Hughes #51 Was Sali on the bus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Estee Lauder counters offer both hands-on and hands-off services, the latter involving digital skin analysis terminals (essentially an iPad camera) that use AI technology to quickly and accurately measure the extent of skin concerns, from dark circles and redness to wrinkles and sun damage, or less dishearteningly, find your perfect foundation shade to disguise them all"

Does she not see that this is not just another way for EL to shill products?!
Shiller solidarity.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
"Estee Lauder counters offer both hands-on and hands-off services, the latter involving digital skin analysis terminals (essentially an iPad camera) that use AI technology to quickly and accurately measure the extent of skin concerns, from dark circles and redness to wrinkles and sun damage, or less dishearteningly, find your perfect foundation shade to disguise them all"
It's a chore to make sense of this too. How many clauses can you fit into a one-sentence paragraph? It seems to have been written with little care and smacks of being a first draft with no editing. She shows such disdain for her audience in submitting this rubbish for publication.

Reactions: 12
Daxita was responsible for these utterly hideous thick false lashes that made Hirons look like a Jersey cow. And now she's stuck these two slugs on top of Sali's eyes?

I have just laughed out loud at this! 😹😹

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If you’re thinking of reading the column this week, don’t, it’s reached new heights of irrelevance. Starts with the sentence “I enjoy an online discount code as much as the next beauty nerd”. I cannot countenance the term “beauty nerd”, absolutely boils my piss. Also, what discount code? We all know you don’t pay for anything Sali (apart from your Bretons). Then rambles on pointlessly about in house beauty treatments.
I’m really thinking this total irrelevance of a tortuous column should be renamed “Hughes’s Hot Takes” or maybe really upping the ante with an exclamation mark- Hughes’s Hot Takes!

That title would serve as a much better warning for the turgid and dated mess that inevitably follows.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Not just useless, but I also think that’s a Pretty Irresponsible column, in light of case numbers continuing to rise at the moment.
Good point. Really not the time for unnecessary hands on facial treatments. I haven’t had my eyebrows threaded since before Covid as it makes me sneeze without any warning and I really don’t want to be sneezing at someone at point blank range 😳.

Reactions: 8
I have had my brows done a couple of times but my brow lady is SUPER strict about hygiene. There’s no way I’d be having any department store shenanigans though. I’ve just got over covid after picking it up at the super spreading event that was Glastonbury (I was working there and got sick before any of the acts even started 😭) and it’s no joke. Today is the first day in two weeks that i woke up feeling ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I love the white lab coats at the Clinique counter. Like you might mistake them for scientists not sales girls

• Haha
Reactions: 14
These free counter treatments for nearly an hour - as has been said here, how on earth can you walk away not being given an extreme hard sell to buy stuff? And probably something extremely expensive to tackle the defect on your beef face they have no doubt discovered. I'd love to know what would happen if you said upfront 'I'd like the treatment but won't buy anything. If I do it will be online as it is much cheaper'.
All very well for Sali who would be given beauty hampers for free. And most of us (I imagine) aren't so used to getting free treatments without feeling uncomfortable or guilty.

Reactions: 19

Boots are offering the same camera skin analysis for their No.7 range. I was really interested so went along for one. I’m actually really happy with my skin care routine (none of which is No.7) and had no intention of buying anything but was just interested in what they would say. I had the loveliest chat with the lady and the only thing it flagged up is that I have to be careful not to over cleanse. There was no hassle from her to buy anything, it was a really nice experience to be honest and it was completely free! 🙂

Boots are offering the same camera skin analysis for their No.7 range. I was really interested so went along for one. I’m actually really happy with my skin care routine (none of which is No.7) and had no intention of buying anything but was just interested in what they would say. I had the loveliest chat with the lady and the only thing it flagged up is that I have to be careful not to over cleanse. There was no hassle from her to buy anything, it was a really nice experience to be honest and it was completely free! 🙂
By the way, I don’t work for Boots or No.7 😅 just realised I sound a bit like an add!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I missed Le Mepris, not sure on the others as I am pretty sure I have similar ones. She does get the tones so right though… I thought Velvet Muse would be awful on me, but it isn’t … very complementary. I might go for the new Rosy Shell instead

Reactions: 6
I’m very tempted by Rosy Shell and Je Ne Sais Quois too. You lot really aren’t helping me resist those lovely LE lipsticks!
I bought je ne sais quois the other day. I could easily have bought three.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This Saturday’s column actually really annoyed me. The premise it that we can get something for nothing in a shop. No, dear, I’m not an idiot- those beauty counter women are sales people working on a commission. If SH is experienced in getting press treatments for nothing, the regular woman would feel far less equipped to resist a well-meaning push to buy stuff. The point of those skin consultations/ diagnostics and treatments is to tell women what’s apparently wrong with their skin and then offer products fir the apparent fault.
I once bought a £80 EL mask- total waste of money btw- from such nice lady at a beauty counter that complimented me on my 6-y old at the time daughter, saying she a ‘my dead ringer’. Clever witch 😂

Reactions: 13
Well I’m definitely going to give it a go as I LOVE the idea of a free facial!! 😎 I was having a look and I can get a 15 minute Clarins facial near me. I shall report back if I’m able to escape without purchase or if I succumb to buying something 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.