Sali Hughes #5 Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that by a long way the Dawn O' Porter and Esther Walker stuff is the most damning. It's proper bullying - targetted, relentless, getting other people on board to bombard the person. All done on public forums to maximise humiliation of the target. It's classic bullying. The DP bullying is the absolute pits in my book. It involved the works: character assassination, dissecting and ridiculing the victim's appearance, ridiculing and undermining their work. Every part of her life was pulled apart by them basically.

Other things I'm seeing like quotes about botoxed celebs, Kylie, that stuff seems "meh..." to me - not nice, but pretty standard bitchy social media stuff. It's the focused, campaign-style bullying that is the truly terrible thing here in my view. SH having instigated that makes her accusations in her Insta video utterly hypocritical. She's carried out targetted campaigns of bullying as part of a nasty little group.

Reactions: 24
That’s so weird, I’ve literally just scrolled through my Insta feed and seen someone wearing that jumper.
It's popular with a certain type of mindless trendy, the type who wear Ramones T shirts without ever listening to the music.

It's a source of huge amusement and disgust that Bella Freud should have popularised merchandise bigging up a nonce ( as Mselvista correctly describes him) and these idiots (some claim to be 'journalists' who should know how to at least use Wikipedia) swan around wearing it and also no doubt burning the 'ginsberg is god' candle that goes with it. Christ knows what that smells like, not even going to make a sick joke.

But then the Freud family has got form for such things.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think that by a long way the Dawn O' Porter and Esther Walker stuff is the most damning. It's proper bullying - targetted, relentless, getting other people on board to bombard the person. All done on public forums to maximise humiliation of the target. It's classic bullying. The DP bullying is the absolute pits in my book. It involved the works: character assassination, dissecting and ridiculing the victim's appearance, ridiculing and undermining their work. Every part of her life was pulled apart by them basically.

Other things I'm seeing like quotes about botoxed celebs, Kylie, that stuff seems "meh..." to me - not nice, but pretty standard bitchy social media stuff. It's the focused, campaign-style bullying that is the truly terrible thing here in my view. SH having instigated that makes her accusations in her Insta video utterly hypocritical. She's carried out targetted campaigns of bullying as part of a nasty little group.
And there must have been an awful lot of high profile people well aware of the DOP abuse who just turned a blind eye. Even if they weren't involved actively.

Reactions: 6
I agree that the catty comments aren't that bad. It's just they're very similar to some of the stuff on this site though. Not particularly nice but just snark. But she's implying that the stuff here is god awful. Couldn't agree more about the DP stuff. That was just terrible. I hope I'm not conflating. That wouldn't be cheering.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Tell me if I’m wrong but when I hear the name of Eric Joyce I now just want to shout “get outta ma pub and get outta ma manor you caw!!!!”

* I’m not from the south but did like EE back in the day , apologies in advance.

Eric is still a thug.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I think we all agree that comments about one's appearance should be off limits but I'm sure the ppl who did it didn't do it maliciously. The last thing we need is infightings here as I could stack my house that the "coven" has several voodoo dolls with TATTLE written across them. Also, wouldn't put past them to send an undercover agent to throw the cat among the pigeons here, so be aware of any weird actions.

Speaking of voodoo dolls with the Tattle name...
View attachment 45980
It's disgusting . Someone should start a petition or something.
I ignore legal letters. I had one recently about the interest on my savings account changing by .nth of a per cent (don't worry Sali, I don't get maths either. My mum wasn't a maths teacher).
It's been on the kitchen table for over two weeks. I just haven't had chance to respond. I'll probably end up just chucking it. I do hope they don't think I'm rude that I didn't at least acknowledge it.
I've never had an illegal letter. Not that I'm aware of, not that I'm an expert or anything.

WHY IS NOBODY PAYING ME FOR MY STUPID SND NONSENSICAL "CONTENT"?

I've got bleeping idiots to feed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Agree with this x 1000. You’ve put it very well, thank you.

I have nothing negative to say about SH’s appearance - I think she’s very pretty. Nothing to say about her husband’s appearance either (he looks like mine!) It’s all about the treatment of DP & EW with the girl gang. I didn’t even know about any issues around transparency until I found this site.

Reactions: 13

Dawn has said in print that the bullying cost her a TV documentary and a column. Just let that sink in. Imagine being bullied to the point where you’re unemployable for no other reason than it’s fun for the bullies. She did nothing whatsoever to them and it seems she was targeted pretty much at random. It could quite easily have ruined the rest of her life.

Didn’t Giles say in response to Sali’s bullying of his wife, Esther, that ‘People have killed themselves over less’? That really does apply to Dawn too. But it’s ok eh Sal, it was years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Agree with this x 1000. You’ve put it very well, thank you.

I have nothing negative to say about SH’s appearance - I think she’s very pretty. Nothing to say about her husband’s appearance either (he looks like mine!) It’s all about the treatment of DP & EW with the girl gang. I didn’t even know about any issues around transparency until I found this site.
Yeah, the tweets about women's appearances, botox etc. are not particularly shocking (unlike the DP and EW mobs, along with the LL takedown), but they do show that Sally is absolutely in the game of idle bitchy/gossipy chat about other women (and what they look like). Obviously only a jealous incel skidmark would feel the need to waste their life bringing other women down :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10
I agree that the catty comments aren't that bad. It's just they're very similar to some of the stuff on this site though. Not particularly nice but just snark. But she's implying that the stuff here is god awful. Couldn't agree more about the DP stuff. That was just terrible. I hope I'm not conflating. That wouldn't be cheering.
No, but It might be deemed reductive. Word.

*dictionaryface*

• Haha
The significance of the snarky tweets for me is about the hypocrisy and lack of self awareness rather than the contents of the tweets themselves. And yes they may have been a while ago but I think it reveals something of someone’s character. They weren’t one-offs. She wasn’t a naive teenager at the time either - a woman in her mid 30s.

The sustained campaign against DP is just horrific. Deliberately isolating someone and pecking away at them. It’s shocking that someone who openly admits to being bullied at school would grow up to do such a thing as an adult. Or is that why she does it? Wielding power that was once wielded against her?

Reactions: 13
The significance of the snarky tweets for me is about the hypocrisy and lack of self awareness rather than the contents of the tweets themselves. And yes they may have been a while ago but I think it reveals something of someone’s character. They weren’t one-offs. She wasn’t a naive teenager at the time either - a woman in her mid 30s.

The sustained campaign against DP is just horrific. Deliberately isolating someone and pecking away at them. It’s shocking that someone who openly admits to being bullied at school would grow up to do such a thing as an adult. Or is that why she does it? Wielding power that was once wielded against her?
There is definitely something cruel and cold in Sali Hughes. It comes across on camera, in print and in tweets.

Reactions: 12
Sali is very pretty.
I used to think that, but I just can’t see it anymore. She just seems to be a really ugly person inside when you take into account her bullying and racism. That has really tainted my perception of her looks, too. I am just repulsed by her.

Reactions: 9
She seems to be in the habit of accusing others of things she herself has done, so perhaps has become confused with a time when she was nasty to someone about their parent’s illness? So easily done! :unsure:
Well she mocked DP's documentary about breast cancer after she'd lost her mum??

... another first time poster, mid-level SH fan who came here after seeing the insta video and was too nosey not to look. My eyes have well and truly been opened and I've seen nothing of the sort she'd accused this site of in her "poor me" video.

It's proper bullying - targetted, relentless, getting other people on board to bombard the person. All done on public forums to maximise humiliation of the target. It's classic bullying. The DP bullying is the absolute pits in my book. It involved the works: character assassination, dissecting and ridiculing the victim's appearance, ridiculing and undermining their work. Every part of her life was pulled apart by them basically.

I would say this was playground stuff, but it is far far worse. Insidious and judgeable behaviour.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.