Sali Hughes #5 Punched in the titters by all those lovely blue tickers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still fascinated by SHs assertion that the treatment she and the 'coven' gave Dawn O'P was 'years and years ago' and nothing like 'this scale'. Such an astonishing lack of awareness. Does she think it didn't count because as far as I know Dawn never commented on it publicly? The 'coven' knew Dawn knew, as Emma Kennedy told them several times. Plus it was on twitter - a huge platform even all those 'years and years' ago. And why did she delete all her tweets? I see a few of the replies on the Dawn question on insta have been deleted leaving only SHs. And I wonder if Jesy Nelson should be told her trolling should be glossed over as it was 'years and years ago'.
And I think even if Dawn did come out now and say yes, she and SH are friends and it is all OK, it still doesn't alter what happened and would only prove what an incredible person she, Dawn, must be.
She deleted all her posts. She is a good person. How many times does she need to say it or are you just hankering for a visit from Phil/EJ 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Does anyone know of any response from any of the Beauty Industry bosses who were called out by ex employees who’d been treated horrendously on Estee Laundry? Charlotte Tilbury was the one I saw accused of being particularly bad but there were lots more

Reactions: 3
If anyone thinks Dawn O'P wasn't affected by the trolling they should read an article called 'Dawn O'Porter on why we should treat trolls with kindness' - you'll have to google it - my phone won't share it. It mentions near the bottom a group of women on twitter.
By the way it was written in 2017 so I'm not sure she had got over it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
If anyone thinks Dawn O'P wasn't affected by the trolling they should read an article called 'Dawn O'Porter on why we should treat trolls with kindness' - you'll have to google it - my phone won't share it. It mentions near the bottom a group of women on twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone know of any response from any of the Beauty Industry bosses who were called out by ex employees who’d been treated horrendously on Estee Laundry? Charlotte Tilbury was the one I saw accused of being particularly bad but there were lots more
Tumbleweeds afaik. But who knows what’s happening behind the scenes.

There’s loads of lawyers with free time on mumsnet though apparently, you’d think they’d be reaching out to Estee Laundry to offer their services. Or are they not actually bothered about the mistreatment of people in the beauty industry? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes, a really uncomfortable read. She is clearly talking about the ‘coven.’ How she managed to overcome it enough to actually show them forgiveness is something I don’t think I’d have been able to do. She is clearly a far better person than any of them.

Reactions: 10

I saw Birchbox respond and say they're looking to do better. And another company but I can't remember which (ELC?). Total silence from CT AFAIK.

Reactions: 4
I saw Birchbox respond and say they're looking to do better. And another company but I can't remember which (ELC?). Total silence from CT AFAIK.
I totally read that as The Early Learning Centre instead of Estée Lauder at first

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've just read it, well written and gets the point across without being too mawkish. Kudos to her for turning such an upsetting experience into something positive.

Reactions: 7
Oh Dawn..

“Being trolled so badly had already stalled her career, sent her spiralling into depression and damaged her relationship with her now-husband, Bridesmaids actor Chris O'Dowd.”

Sali & co: hang your heads in shame, the lot of you.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Hello lovely vipers

I belong to the ‘followed Sali and respected her advice and knowledge but have increasingly found something a bit ‘off’ about her’ gang. I also came here after seeing the infamous vid, expecting 4chan levels of horror and misogyny and have failed to find anything like that. Of course it’s horrible to be gossiped about but it also appears as if people feel genuinely suspicious of and let down by Sali and her ‘honest impartiality’. Especially given the CT bullying revelations - the idea I held previously of SH would’ve led me to assume that she’d react and respond to that, regardless (or particularly) as she’s been such a champion of CT and her brand.

The double standard bitching and bullying you guys have highlighted has shocked me and does seem worse than anything said here. The DO’P stuff is particularly grim and again I’m shocked that she’s barely referenced that before brushing it off. It appears that one can only bully and witch if you’re in the gang; finding people on FB and liking pics of their kids and getting their mates to follow you on Insta is frankly odd and teenage behaviour.

I’m sorry that I’m not adding anything but my incredulous empathy for you guys so far. But it has made me think about her wider circle and has made a few things click, esp re CM and LL. I don’t want to drip feed but I’m really unsure about sharing those thoughts given the reaction SH has already had to this forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
For the smaller companies, an acknowledgement and an apology work. They're seen as a "learning and improving" company.

The biggest ones won't give two fucks unless threatened with legal action. Their policy is "don't stoke the fire" in the hope it'll die down.

Last edited:
Tumbleweeds afaik. But who knows what’s happening behind the scenes.

There’s loads of lawyers with free time on mumsnet though apparently, you’d think they’d be reaching out to Estee Laundry to offer their services. Or are they not actually bothered about the mistreatment of people in the beauty industry? :unsure:
I'm sure all the Internet lawyers on MN will be offering their services pro bono. Seeing as how they have all this free time on their hands.

She is a truly remarkable person.
Yes, she is. I would struggle to be as gracious.

Reactions: 11
Have just discovered that tonight is the 6000th episode of Enders! Do you think it's the one where we get beaten up and then have to pay for the cab back to the square? Can almost smell that blue tick

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I assume if any of us get sued then we will have a whip round for the legal fees and all attend court every day for the landmark ruling. Hughes Vs The People.

In which an influencer faces consequences for trying to control the internet.

Then we will write a screenplay about it and become famous and become influencers and get our own blue ticks! And we will do paid partnerships at that salon all the best people go to! And WE WILL CONTROL THE WOMEN!

🤭 have I said too much? Is my jealousy peeking out again? Damnit I just can’t control myself 😭😭😭😭
Don't worry, no whip round needed and it's going to be FINE folks, because I've just invented a £44 verruca sock and I'm on Dragon's Den next week pitching it. I'm 185% sure that Deborah, Tej or Peter are gonna invest in me and my sock journey.

Also, I've applied to study a degree in "How to watch television and speak in Legalese" from the University of Poppleton so I'll soon be able to give you all my legal expertise for Hughes Vs The People in my spare time (= whenever I'm not handing out advice for FREE on Mumsnet like the rest of my legal chums, obvs). These things I offer you skidmarks, because NO ONE should live in fear of a drunken, disgraced ex-MP turning up at their flat, rifling through their bins and shouting obscenities about "taxi receipts" through the letter box at 3am.

I wonder if Netflix will one day turn this whole fandango into one of their crime docs...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh Dawn..

“Being trolled so badly had already stalled her career, sent her spiralling into depression and damaged her relationship with her now-husband, Bridesmaids actor Chris O'Dowd.”

Sali & co: hang your heads in shame, the lot of you.
Another thing that gets me is I think it wasn't long after that I first joined GtL. Not for one second would I have done so knowing this. But remember it was 'years and years ago' and not on the 'same scale'. Hardly noticable actually - in fact one could call it a 'smidge' of trolling.

Reactions: 11
Don't worry, no whip round needed and it's going to be FINE folks, because I've just invented a £44 verruca sock and I'm on Dragon's Den next week pitching it. I'm 185% sure that Deborah, Tej or Peter are gonna invest in me and my sock journey.

Also, I've applied to study a degree in "How to watch television and speak in Legalese" from the University of Poppleton so I'll soon be able to give you all my legal expertise for Hughes Vs The People in my spare time (= whenever I'm not handing out advice for FREE on Mumsnet like the rest of my legal chums, obvs). These things I offer you skidmarks, because NO ONE should live in fear of a drunken, disgraced ex-MP turning up at their flat, rifling through their bins and shouting obscenities about "taxi receipts" through the letter box at 3am.

I wonder if Netflix will one day turn this whole fandango into one of their crime docs...
Oh my god great minds!!!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.