Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly though, that "busy working mother" schtick is wearing thin for me. I'm not trying to defend Sali here, but jeez, the martyrdom.
Nah I'd tend to agree. It's only after I read it back I noticed. Still though, Sali is supposedly 'working' here and should be a bit more polite in her response

Reactions: 7
Honestly though, that "busy working mother" schtick is wearing thin for me. I'm not trying to defend Sali here, but jeez, the martyrdom.
I know what you mean and certainly not all working mums are equally busy or whatever but it is true that working mums do more of the parenting, childcare and emotional labour than working fathers. Also they may be a single parent. As a single parent who is also a bust working mum in the public sector with no family and no support from my children's father believe me it is bleeping difficult financially, emotionally etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know what you mean and certainly not all working mums are equally busy or whatever but it is true that working mums do more of the parenting, childcare and emotional labour than working fathers. Also they may be a single parent. As a single parent who is also a bust working mum in the public sector with no family and no support from my children's father believe me it is bleeping difficult financially, emotionally etc.
I think Rosemarina's point was more how it was dropped into the conversation about leggings rather than just saying she couldn't afford 88 leggings. Don't doubt it's difficult. Sali was out of order in how she replied especially as she's 'working'

Reactions: 10
But if you're a parent unless you're very comfortable you have to consider your children's needs before your own in a way non parents don't. I think it is relevant

Reactions: 8
That's fair enough. As I said, Sali was in the wrong with how she replied, it was unnecessarily snippy and going on about landfill

Reactions: 6
As I said, Sali was in the wrong with how she replied, it was unnecessarily snippy and going on about landfill
Oh, always 😆
SH said one thread she bought them before meeting Alice du Parcq on their perfume shopping jaunt. That was 16th according to IG (same day she had a #poshwee). How many times has she washed them?

• Haha
I think Rosemarina's point was more how it was dropped into the conversation about leggings rather than just saying she couldn't afford 88 leggings. Don't doubt it's difficult. Sali was out of order in how she replied especially as she's 'working'
Absolutely, it's nothing to do with how the work is split in the home.

Reactions: 2
Oh, always 😆
SH said one thread she bought them before meeting Alice du Parcq on their perfume shopping jaunt. That was 16th according to IG (same day she had a #poshwee). How many times has she washed them?
Especially considering she doesn't wear them as gym or workout clothes. She said in another comment to someone talking about pilates that she loves reformer pilates only (no boring pilates for our Sal, has to be a special kind) but hasn't been since pre covid

Reactions: 5
I still can't get over the landfill preaching

Especially coming from someone with hundreds of lipsticks and 'gallons of products'. And who seems to buy clothes on a weekly basis

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I still can't get over the landfill preaching

Especially coming from someone with hundreds of lipsticks and 'gallons of products'. And who seems to buy clothes on a weekly basis
Ah yes but *always* gets her jeans from ebay 😇

I can't complain - I've been influenced. Look what came through the post today.

IMG_20211126_175230.jpg

IMG_20211126_175202.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
She's basically saying "not only can you not afford the luxe leggings like me but those cheap* £30 leggings will only end up in landfill so you should feel guilty about that too, beefie!"

*from her point of view, not mine

@Jelly Bean there might be enough to cover one eye with that !

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
£88 for a pair of leggings. Jesus wept.
Especially when Lululemon don't own a single factory and their leggings likely have the same provenance as the £30 leggings she looks down her nose at. What's so special about them is they are status signifiers. See Sali's comment: "Bought them in about 90 seconds as a punt" because she was early for her date with Alice du Parcqueque, like it's no big deal to spend that kind of money on a whim.
I did note she failed to mention her size for once. Too far from 0 for her liking?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Especially when Lululemon don't own a single factory and their leggings likely have the same provenance as the £30 leggings she looks down her nose at. What's so special about them is they are status signifiers. See Sali's comment: "Bought them in about 90 seconds as a punt" because she was early for her date with Alice du Parcqueque, like it's no big deal to spend that kind of money on a whim.
I did note she failed to mention her size for once. Too far from 0 for her liking?
She did say in the comments she was a size 4/ UK 8 in Lululemon. But yeah it wasn't front and centre as always. Maybe it's only when the sizing is XS that she likes to shout about it?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That floor pose always looks so uncomfortable, like she's holding her leg there. Not enough private Reformer™️ lessons lately (another status signifier)

• Haha
Totally. I had to laugh at the "I like Pilates but only Reformer Pilates" comment because regular pilates just isn't special or unique enough for her 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.