Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh look, I found another super snippy comment! She wasn't making a judgement about Sali spending that much, she was saying £88 is a lot of money for leggings (it is). Sali being Sali had to take it like a personal attack, of course. She has zero warmth, humour, charm.
There are flipping tonnes of the snippy comments. Any suggestion of alternatives etc is met with a short, snippy answer. It’s like Sali knows best even on bloody sports tights… when she doesn’t even play or do sport. Ugh.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I'm confused about the doubling in size comment. What's she on about? Can someone explain the relationship between leggings and bloat? How can some make you bloat and others not?

Reactions: 8
There are flipping tonnes of the snippy comments. Any suggestion of alternatives etc is met with a short, snippy answer. It’s like Sali knows best even on bloody sports tights… when she doesn’t even play or do sport. Ugh.
That is it - an expert in sports wear when she DOES NOT EXERCISE. Sigh.
Her snippiness in part is due to her perception that any slight not gushing comment comes from a sinister train stalking Tattler.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Someone offered her a suggestion about a reasonable alternative and she shat all over it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I'm confused about the doubling in size comment. What's she on about? Can someone explain the relationship between leggings and bloat? How can some make you bloat and others not?
It’s a Spanx thing. Some people find that they bloat loads after putting them on. So I hear 👀.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've included said comment here. Oh Sali stop being so sanctimonious, your £88 leggings still end up in landfill too. The commenter was perfectly polite, she never made a comment about it being laughable for anyone to pay that, more that it was so out of her own price range it was laughable
She is just so draining.

Reactions: 11

My hasn't Dan given her any voice over tips? She sounds so insincere

This interview is where Sali talks about Hollywood actresses who lie about their exercise, surgery and diets :rolleyes:
She also charmingly calls some actresses who have had surgery appearing on the red carpet 'freak shows', and expounds her theory about having plastic surgery and being mentally ill.

Listen from about 12 minutes SH talking about being freaked out by what an actress at the Baftas had done to her face. It's only for about 4 minutes or so.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
She doesn't exercise? Can't believe she put that Pelton video up just for (£)lols, there's no brain bleach strong enough to get that image out of my head

YOU ALL HAVE TO SUFFER WITH ME, BETCHES!
9C298CCC-8D17-441E-83B5-59F507F788BE.jpeg.jpg

BTW gratified to get this Tattle result at the top of "Sali Hughes Peloton" Google search. Great work, lads

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Sorry, I haven't read all the comments but I thought she'd said that something here but may have been mistaken. Cba trawling through the comments to check tbh

Reactions: 2

My hasn't Dan given her any voice over tips? She sounds so insincere

Listen from about 12 minutes SH talking about being freaked out by what an actress at the Baftas had done to her face. It's only for about 4 minutes or so.
She's changed her accent since then and cultivated the slight lisp

I'm not familiar enough with UK accents to name it, but my ears can detect the shift

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
That's definitely how I read it. But Sali, as always, takes it as a personal attack because everything is about her, always
Yeah exactly. Let's face it, a lot of things nowadays are expensive and some companies take the piss with their pricing. I saw it as a commentary on that

Reactions: 7
She doesn't exercise? Can't believe she put that Pelton video up just for lols, there's no brain bleach strong enough to get that image out of my head

YOU ALL HAVE TO SUFFER WITH ME, BETCHES!
View attachment 889931

BTW gratified to get this Tattle result at the top of "Sali Hughes Peloton" Google search. Great work, lads
Ah yes, an excellent day on tattle. 10/10

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Last January she posted some <ahem> organic content (picture of herself in a field wearing a hush jogging suit) with a disclaimer that it was absolutely not sponsored (other than a discount from hush who she was DEFINITELY NOT working with commercially with in that particular photo). 2 weeks later and bingo, hush were on the blower and we had the start of the wonderful series of awkward stumbles along beaches and pavements wearing a fine ensemble of Hush’s finest loungewear and an ongoing paid commercial partnership. The Hush joggers mysteriously not seen again (or not that I noticed) since the end of that partnership, which i strongly suspect is due to Hush being complete shite quality and overpriced baggy, poorly fitting rubbish.

I’m curious to see whether this new interest in athleisure will result in a similar commercial partnership for our viewing pleasure? Maybe the build up to a post Christmas health kick now that our interest has been piqued in sucky in properties and leg lengths? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Last January she posted some <ahem> organic content (picture of herself in a field wearing a hush jogging suit) with a disclaimer that it was absolutely not sponsored (other than a discount from hush who she was DEFINITELY NOT working with commercially with in that particular photo). 2 weeks later and bingo, hush were on the blower and we had the start of the wonderful series of awkward stumbles along beaches and pavements wearing a fine ensemble of Hush’s finest loungewear and an ongoing paid commercial partnership. The Hush joggers mysteriously not seen again (or not that I noticed) since the end of that partnership, which i strongly suspect is due to Hush being complete shite quality and overpriced baggy, poorly fitting rubbish.

I’m curious to see whether this new interest in athleisure will result in a similar commercial partnership for our viewing pleasure? Maybe the build up to a post Christmas health kick now that our interest has been piqued in sucky in properties and leg lengths? 🤔
Yes, was wondering the same thing. Though she shot herself in the foot when she said in the comments that she can't see any reason why she'd need anything else from them, being anti-exercise and all

• Haha

Such a good point. I did wonder whether this Lulu Lemon sudden love was, as is often the way with Sali, a case of follow the money.
Yes and strange no mention of Hush any more. Last year weren't all her girlfriends being given Hush stuff as she loved it so much?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think Instagram has turned me into a massive cynic because I’ve seen several influencers before suddenly go on exercise drives closely followed by ads for athleisure they wouldn’t normally wear. I find it annoying that sweaty Betty uses generic fashion influencers to gift their gear to when women’s sport is desperately under funded and needs all the support it can get. To be fair, lulu lemon does look like it uses sporty people to promote their stuff generally although I’m sure they may not be averse to getting into more of a fashion market. Grrrr, I sometimes wish for the old days when I was just blindly influenced by pretty pictures instead of trying to work out whether I’m being sold to or not.

Reactions: 13
Screenshot_20211126-222814.png

I got this insta message recently. I would not be caught dead in activewear. Let alone on my insta profile. But I can see how people might be flattered by the request and enjoy the freebies if not the 💵💵💵.

Call me cynical but I expect a Sali/Lululemon fitness collab within the next 2 months.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 890075

I got this insta message recently. I would not be caught dead in activewear. Let alone on my insta profile. But I can see how people might be flattered by the request and enjoy the freebies if not the 💵💵💵.

Call me cynical but I expect a Sali/Lululemon fitness collab within the next 2 months.
Everyone gets them, don't they? It's just spam/phishing?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.