Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone gets them, don't they? It's just spam/phishing?
oh surely they must send this to hundreds of people until someone bites.

I find it insidious how they're preying on people. The angle of "we saw your profile. you're special" and how it plays into this whole influencer culture of being "special" and having cool stuff to show off and freebies and all that jazz is despicable really. I'm immune to that kind of stuff but a lot of people are not, especially younger ones?

Reactions: 6
I am yet to find leggings that are truly squat-proof, as in they don't ride down and leave you with a baggy crotch and you need to hike them back up
Is Lukafit any good? They market their leggings as "squat-proof."

Reactions: 2
I haven’t found any leggings that can beat Sweaty Betty. The power high waisted ones are superb. I would only wear them with boots to avoid getting cold feet while I took the bins out though. I can’t comprehend sturdy leather boots and gym leggings 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I know! I thought there must be a Black Friday discount. I'll stick with my M&S high waisted Good Move 7/8s one from the sale. For reference I'm 5'1" and they sit on my ankle. I got them in the sale earlier this year so sorry but you're too late. You might be able to pick up some tit from Zara or Primark or one of those povface places though
Pretty sure I picked up some of these from the website You Know Who’s at a bargain price. I really rate them; too!

I think when leggings brands say squat-proof, they mean they don't go see-through. I just want 'em to stay up
Sweaty Betty are definitely squat proof then! Worth grabbing a pair in the sale (around £50 but 100% worth it) - think you can return/exchange them if they don’t do what they say…

Reactions: 4
I’m a fan of lululemon (have been for years, to use a sali-ism :LOL:) . But absolutely agree re the prices and also the former founder was an arse. Their stuff lasts and washes well in my experience and they have a good quality promise policy where they will replace your item if it has defects (even beyond the regular return window).

I am not sure why I’m surprised by Sali’s replies given they’re in character for her but her responses to the comments regarding the cost of those leggings are sad. So defensive. The reality is she could afford to impulse purchase £88 leggings. Why not acknowledge that and also suggest a more affordable option at M&S or Gap or wherever.

Reactions: 10
It would have done a lot more for her persona if she had acknowledged the mind boggling price point and then explained why she felt the leggings were worth the price in a nice way (ie. better than buying 3 pairs at £33 each), and then offered some options at a lesser price. It would have taken the same amount of time as schooling some poor commenter and generally just would have thrown less snippiness out into the world.

Reactions: 11
It would have done a lot more for her persona if she had acknowledged the mind boggling price point and then explained why she felt the leggings were worth the price in a nice way (ie. better than buying 3 pairs at £33 each), and then offered some options at pa lesser price. It would have taken the same amount of time as schooling some poor commenter and generally just would have thrown less snippiness out into the world.
Yes it is a 'public service announcement' yet when some of the public say blimey that is a lot of money her response is sort of 'well its my money and I can spend it how I like so shut up' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

“The trick is to simply dial down the colour and coverage for increased plausibility in the cooler months.”

I think the plausibility ship has sailed, hon.

“my most-used bronzer is Fenty’s sparkle-free Cheeks Out”

I thought it was the Chanel cream bronzer, no 💅?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
That column was Joey with his thesaurus plus Google translate. ‘What the French call bonne mine’ urgh

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I'm so confused by this from the column. Does this mean that David Beckham's Mum put lipstick on Victoria's cheeks at school drop off? Or that Victoria's own mother did when she was a kid?

Similar in effect (and without the shimmer) is Victoria Beckham Beauty’s beautiful new Cheeky Posh (5g, £36) in Playground, so named because the warm, sheer terracotta is an approximation of the lipstick Beckham’s mother would hurriedly smear into Victoria’s cheeks at school drop-off whenever she “looked a bit peaky”.

• Haha
  • Wow
I'm so confused by this from the column. Does this mean that David Beckham's Mum put lipstick on Victoria's cheeks at school drop off? Or that Victoria's own mother did when she was a kid?

Similar in effect (and without the shimmer) is Victoria Beckham Beauty’s beautiful new Cheeky Posh (5g, £36) in Playground, so named because the warm, sheer terracotta is an approximation of the lipstick Beckham’s mother would hurriedly smear into Victoria’s cheeks at school drop-off whenever she “looked a bit peaky”.
I couldn’t work that one out! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
She meant Victoria's mum. Victoria's last name has been Beckham since 1999. Using her maiden name would've been even less decipherable

Reactions: 3
It's not about the maiden name, it's the fact that she referred to her as both Beckham and Victoria in the same sentence. Hasn't she here heard of pronouns!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
What mother smears orange lipstick onto a school girl's cheeks 'because they look peaky'?
A very strange story.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.