Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially when Lululemon don't own a single factory and their leggings likely have the same provenance as the £30 leggings she looks down her nose at. What's so special about them is they are status signifiers. See Sali's comment: "Bought them in about 90 seconds as a punt" because she was early for her date with Alice du Parcqueque, like it's no big deal to spend that kind of money on a whim.
I did note she failed to mention her size for once. Too far from 0 for her liking?
Lululemon are weird. They do anti vanity sizing, but are very stretchy. I got some over ten years ago in Vancouver before they came over here - check out OG me - and whereas I should not be able to wear them as the founder is fatist I still can! i got a thermal half zip running top in the sale a couple of years ago so I can do running in my active wear and it is warm and comfy and has lasted really well. I don’t want anyone to see me in it though 🏃‍♀️! Sweaty Betty power leggings stay up really well when running - every other kind I’ve tried attempts to escape under the muffin top. So I consider them worth it for public decency.

Reactions: 12
Did she say she doesn't exercise? What happened to the Peleton?
She didn't explicitly say, she just said she hasn't done reformer pilates since pre covid. And judging by the teaming of the leggings with boots and the comments about how she knows sports leggings are not perfectly black but they're 'sucky in' unlike fashion leggings I'm guessing they were not a workout purchase

Reactions: 4
Actually, that's not right. I checked again and she said she doesn't do any sport and these leggings will be worn as clothes. So she did explicitly say - again- that she doesn't exercise

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So either that Peleton was a great big waste of several grand that'll end up in landfill or she's lying through her teeth in order to keep her cool girl effortlessly slim image

Reactions: 18
I am yet to find leggings that are truly squat-proof, as in they don't ride down and leave you with a baggy crotch and you need to hike them back up

Reactions: 2
Did she not write articles before about how women in the public eye were dishonest about the lengths they go to stay in shape and how that whole "I don't do anything, am just naturally this way!" thing was doing women a disservice?

Reactions: 13
Exercise post 40 is really helpful for keeping mobile. But sure, keep pushing you Loaded magazine ‘I’m not like other girls’ vibe.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Did she not write articles before about how women in the public eye were dishonest about the lengths they go to stay in shape and how that whole "I don't do anything, am just naturally this way!" thing was doing women a disservice?
Yes she did. She wrote how she interviewed Hollywood stars (no idea when but 🤷‍♀️) and it used to infuriate her that they said they ate chips and burgers but in reality didn't. It was one reason she admired Gwyneth Paltrow because she was open about eating miniscule amounts of seeds.

Reactions: 6
Oh look, I found another super snippy comment! She wasn't making a judgement about Sali spending that much, she was saying £88 is a lot of money for leggings (it is). Sali being Sali had to take it like a personal attack, of course. She has zero warmth, humour, charm.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
But she's contradicting herself. She didn't buy these because of meticulous research, as an investment, or whatever. She bought them on a whim because she was early for lunch

She is so brittle. Everything is a personal attack to her

She loves the idea of other people being unable to "afford" her lifestyle

Her measure of success is dripping in designer labels. She's still a misery guts though

• Sick
Reactions: 15
This interview is where Sali talks about Hollywood actresses who lie about their exercise, surgery and diets :rolleyes:
She also charmingly calls some actresses who have had surgery appearing on the red carpet 'freak shows', and expounds her theory about having plastic surgery and being mentally ill.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Yes, I think that’s tacky of her, making a big deal of being so blasé about spending £90 here and there.

I do think the rude comments along the lines of “£88, are you kidding?!!” are bleeping irritating though. For once this woman has actually paid for something herself! She’s not obliged to buy only things that people on low incomes can afford, and I’m not sure why they seem to be implying that she is.

(Again, not defending her, I’m just struck by the rude entitlement of some of the comments. Her responses are pure poison as ever.)

Reactions: 14
Yes, I think that’s tacky of her, making a big deal of being so blasé about spending £90 here and there.

I do think the rude comments along the lines of “£88, are you kidding?!!” are bleeping irritating though. For once this woman has actually paid for something herself! She’s not obliged to buy only things that people on low incomes can afford, and I’m not sure why they seem to be implying that she is.

(Again, not defending her, I’m just struck by the rude entitlement of some of the comments. Her responses are pure poison as ever.)
I do see what you mean but ti give the commenter the benefit of the doubt (as I don't know her but am aware of Sali's ways) I would read it as wow I can't believe they're charging £88 for leggings

Reactions: 11
I do see what you mean but ti give the commenter the benefit of the doubt (as I don't know her but am aware of Sali's ways) I would read it as wow I can't believe they're charging £88 for leggings
That's definitely how I read it. But Sali, as always, takes it as a personal attack because everything is about her, always

Reactions: 10
Totally. I had to laugh at the "I like Pilates but only Reformer Pilates" comment because regular pilates just isn't special or unique enough for her 🙄
I thought that @SqualorVictoria when she said that - no way can Sali do the same Pilates as the rest of us, has to be REFORMER.
And @Mselvista - I'm also a single parent managing with no financial or emotional support from my ex-partner and it's bleeping hard work so sending you ❤ - always find this time of year is particularly hard with massive financial pressure and guilt over not being perfect family

She loves the idea of other people being unable to "afford" her lifestyle

Her measure of success is dripping in designer labels. She's still a misery guts though
Yep she's the living proof that having a million lipsticks, loads of product and designer labels really doesn't make you any happier or a nicer person

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.