Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to add, I didn't know it was a Celine bag. Someone said so in the comments
Oh and I was so impressed 😂
I see Sali oh so modestly didn't tag it. H & S must pay well. I know we beef faces seem to be the only people remotely interested in this nonsense but is her ambassadorship educator role the most shameless shilling we have seen her do? I mean taking money to advertise a product YOU REFUSE TO ADMIT YOU USE after saying you would never do such a thing is preposterous isn't it? So much for honesty.

Reactions: 13
Maybe her goal now is just to make as much cash as she can. Magazines are dead, who knows when/if the book is going to be published, Dan doesn't seem to have a job, and a newspaper column alone can't fund her designer-hungry lifestyle ...
I think that a) her journalism/broadcasting career may have gone as far it's going, with younger women now getting the sort of jobs she might have aspired to (e.g. Emma Barnett at Womans Hour, Dolly Alderton at the Sunday Times). But then b) being offered relatively huge sums of money to promote products on IG.

And maybe the two are connected - if you're being offered £50k (wild guess) to make a couple of ridiculous H&S ads why go through all the hard work and frustration of pitching ideas for articles and then slogging away at writing the bloody thing for a relative pittance? Without the Instagram £££ maybe she would have been more motivated to continue to develop her journalism career. Complete speculation, obviously.

Reactions: 23
I think that a) her journalism/broadcasting career may have gone as far it's going, with younger women now getting the sort of jobs she might have aspired to (e.g. Emma Barnett at Womans Hour, Dolly Alderton at the Sunday Times). But then b) being offered relatively huge sums of money to promote products on IG.

And maybe the two are connected - if you're being offered £50k (wild guess) to make a couple of ridiculous H&S ads why go through all the hard work and frustration of pitching ideas for articles and then slogging away at writing the bloody thing for a relative pittance? Without the Instagram £££ maybe she would have been more motivated to continue to develop her journalism career. Complete speculation, obviously.
True, I reckon if she’d used the free time and extra money from insta she could have done a ‘look at me I’m a mature student going to journalism school’ and put the journey on insta she would have been so relatable to so many as well as being unique. (Plus extra shilling opportunities)

Reactions: 7
True, I reckon if she’d used the free time and extra money from insta she could have done a ‘look at me I’m a mature student going to journalism school’ and put the journey on insta she would have been so relatable to so many as well as being unique. (Plus extra shilling opportunities)
Journalism school has nothing to teach her. She wrote the book on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Influencing must be so lucrative, Celine bags, £800 jackets, £300 flip flops, £200 denim shorts, £160 Wolford polo necks, Bella Freud sweaters costing half a grand.. I really don't understand how she went from having the cool indie girl every day woman image to this tacky nouveau riche persona dripped in designer labels.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
She loves her second hand fashion shopping doesn’t she? Maybe she’s getting it all from eBay making it #ethical and also one of her passions.

Reactions: 2
She loves her second hand fashion shopping doesn’t she? Maybe she’s getting it all from eBay making it #ethical and also one of her passions.
A nice idea in theory but she is very quick to let everyone know when she's found a second hand bargain. So no I don't believe that all of these designer clothes are second hand.

Reactions: 16
Influencing must be so lucrative, Celine bags, £800 jackets, £300 flip flops, £200 denim shorts, £160 Wolford polo necks, Bella Freud sweaters costing half a grand.. I really don't understand how she went from having the cool indie girl every day woman image to this tacky nouveau riche persona dripped in designer labels.
Maybe presenting a monthly show on Soho Radio is more lucrative than one might think

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sali's facebook group appears to have been targeted by a scammer. Pity the mods and admins don't appear to act as quickly in relation to someone trying to scam their group members than they do with blocking someone they think is a Tattler

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Fearless troll hunter David Baddiel is trending on twitter now. Lots of his unsavoury racist, ablist stuff is being brought up. Also this lovely comment. (There is also a clip where he refers to his then 3 year old daughter looking like 'an Eastern European prostitute' :( ).
*Bit of a warning - it is revolting*

FEVnARZXIAo71ex.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Fearless troll hunter David Baddiel is trending on twitter now. Lots of his unsavoury racist, ablist stuff is being brought up. Also this lovely comment. (There is also a clip where he refers to his then 3 year old daughter looking like 'an Eastern European prostitute' :( ).
*Bit of a warning - it is revolting*

View attachment 871495
But guys, it took quite a lot of nerve to say.

😑

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Isn’t Head & Shoulders made by Proctor & Gamble, who are renowned for testing on animals?Genuine question, not a loaded one!

Reactions: 9
Sali's facebook group appears to have been targeted by a scammer. Pity the mods and admins don't appear to act as quickly in relation to someone trying to scam their group members than they do with blocking someone they think is a Tattler
Is this the lady from the CH group?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.