Sali Hughes #41 Head and Shoulders above the rest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve said before elsewhere that in the Claudia ITB I saw Kevin Murphy products in the shower or on the bath rack - they’re pretty highend (to me at least). I think she uses a combo. Unless her husband is particular about his follicles (he’d be the first).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
But back then wasn't she denying it?

Did she have a blonde rinse put through it at the same time as she was testing literally hundreds of shampoos for grey hair? I forget.
Yes that point in the grey journey when she tried a blonde rinse, whilst telling people it’s not blonde it’s grey. Hmm.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is a ‘blonde rinse’ a thing? Isn’t it just applying bleach to go blonder? A rinse, to me would require colour to get a hint of colour on top of another 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Is a ‘blonde rinse’ a thing? Isn’t it just applying bleach to go blonder? A rinse, to me would require colour to get a hint of colour on top of another 🤷‍♀️
No you can have a yellow toner the same as you can have a purple toner.
Bleach lightens the hair but you still have to give it a colour

Reactions: 4
No you can have a yellow toner the same as you can have a purple toner.
Bleach lightens the hair but you still have to give it a colour
I would say that (unless you hair is very light to begin with and/or it can withstand several bleachings without breaking off) all bleached hair is a shade of yellow, i.e. blonde. In my experience it's only the toner that turns it from blonde to grey (and, even then, the yellow can still show through - which is what I think SH found).

ETA: You can of course use a toner to change the shade of blonde - e.g. make it more red or more ash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
My own, not especially interesting, experience, with having my mid-brown hair bleached to a light blonde (at one of the 'top' London salons) is that it starting breaking off after the roots were re-done (because there was some, inevitable, overlap with areas already bleached). I ended up having to cut it all off. First time I'd ever had short (pixie cut short) hair.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I’ve said before elsewhere that in the Claudia ITB I saw Kevin Murphy products in the shower or on the bath rack - they’re pretty highend (to me at least). I think she uses a combo. Unless her husband is particular about his follicles (he’d be the first).
My husband will only use Aveda or overpriced stuff from his barber. He is even fussier about soap. Has to be French or Italian 😆 He goes to TJ Maxx regularly to sniff soaps and stockpile

PS: He is a tradie, not a trader

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I"ve used H&S a couple of times when I get product build up that I can't get rid of. It's a nightmare on dyed hair though - makes my dyed brown hair go orange almost straight away. Sali must know that. I can't really believe she is doing a H&S advert...but then the GHD advert was a surprise, and the Hush adverts... it's so disappointing she has gone down the influencer route. I used to really rate her opinions, but I can't believe them now she's shilling stuff like H&S.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Maybe her goal now is just to make as much cash as she can. Magazines are dead, who knows when/if the book is going to be published, Dan doesn't seem to have a job, and a newspaper column alone can't fund her designer-hungry lifestyle ...

Reactions: 18
She has officially lost the plot. Six, yes SIX photos of herself in a bogger 😂 Including a close up selfie.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.