Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hair cut by a woman as they have a more 360° degree view of your life? She must have changed her mind soon after that as she's been going to Hershesons for years

Haha according to this article Luke Hersheson cut her hair in November 2014, the same month as that piece Mselvista linked

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
God she looked gorgeous in that pic from Red. Felt a bit of nostalgia.

Reactions: 7
but none of those things has cost me more than a tenner, I would never spend my hard earned on anything significantly more than that because of Shill Here.
Shill Here has got to be an early nomination for the next thread title.

Just spotted this. Apparently it's 'naff' to try to hold a publication to account for not paying writers.

You know what’s funny? Literally everybody in any kind of writing profession has experienced not being paid, being screwed around with money, wages, commissions etc, being asked to work for free or exposure, and more. And yet Ms Big Time Journalist is completely oblivious to this very real and common struggle and takes the side of…the website screwing women over. Talk about naff.
afaik one of those women was the young writer who wrote the lovely lipstick column about her experience dealing with her partner’s cancer. Can’t remember her name right now. Imagine being on the side of The Pool instead of her, for example. Sali is a vile, vile woman.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Shill Here has got to be an early nomination for the next thread title.

You know what’s funny? Literally everybody in any kind of writing profession has experienced not being paid, being screwed around with money, wages, commissions etc, being asked to work for free or exposure, and more. And yet Ms Big Time Journalist is completely oblivious to this very real and common struggle and takes the side of…the website screwing women over. Talk about naff.
afaik one of those women was the young writer who wrote the lovely lipstick column about her experience dealing with her partner’s cancer. Can’t remember her name right now. Imagine being on the side of The Pool instead of her, for example. Sali is a vile, vile woman.
A collaborator, like her beloved Coco Chanel

Why is the PJ photo so fuzzy when you zoom in? Why does her skin not look like real skin? Is it a filter? I am so ignorant about IG 🤪

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
As a relative newcomer I feel bad mining you guys for advice/recommendations but I really bloody need it. I don't normally wear much make up at all, I have zero skill, am more interested in the hair/skin care sides of beauty. But I'm a bridesmaid for my SIL in two weeks and she's decided only to get the make up artist to do herself, not the bridesmaids, which is fine but I haven't got the funds to pay the artist to do me too after getting myself shoes and jewellery and an entire outfit for my son. I've just had a practice run and it was bloody awful. I haven't used foundation since I started using tretinoin (dermatica) because of the peeling. I thought I had little to no peeling now with a bare face but just tried a full face of make up and it looked horrific, suddenly I did have loads of peeling that wasn't visible before and I looked like a snake mid-shedding. I do feel I need some sort of base as my chin is redder than the rest of my face along with a kinda ugly moustache-shape red patch under my nose. I feel ok without day to day but not when I'm gonna be photographed and probably looked at a fair bit as my dress is the only bright orange one.

So are there any of you using tret who have found a round this? I'm thinking I'll have to stop using it for a couple of weeks and hope the shedding stops by then. Or maybe the nars tinted moisturiser people here were talking about, that looks to have a decent shade range, but has anyone also using tret tried it? I took the foundation off and put some number 7 tinted moisturiser on which hasn't done the same thing, but the shade is too dark and orange on me and they don't do a lighter one.

I'm panicking now as have barely an hour of free time between now and the wedding!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
As a relative newcomer I feel bad mining you guys for advice/recommendations but I really bloody need it. I don't normally wear much make up at all, I have zero skill, am more interested in the hair/skin care sides of beauty. But I'm a bridesmaid for my SIL in two weeks and she's decided only to get the make up artist to do herself, not the bridesmaids, which is fine but I haven't got the funds to pay the artist to do me too after getting myself shoes and jewellery and an entire outfit for my son. I've just had a practice run and it was bloody awful. I haven't used foundation since I started using tretinoin (dermatica) because of the peeling. I thought I had little to no peeling now with a bare face but just tried a full face of make up and it looked horrific, suddenly I did have loads of peeling that wasn't visible before and I looked like a snake mid-shedding. I do feel I need some sort of base as my chin is redder than the rest of my face along with a kinda ugly moustache-shape red patch under my nose. I feel ok without day to day but not when I'm gonna be photographed and probably looked at a fair bit as my dress is the only bright orange one.

So are there any of you using tret who have found a round this? I'm thinking I'll have to stop using it for a couple of weeks and hope the shedding stops by then. Or maybe the nars tinted moisturiser people here were talking about, that looks to have a decent shade range, but has anyone also using tret tried it? I took the foundation off and put some number 7 tinted moisturiser on which hasn't done the same thing, but the shade is too dark and orange on me and they don't do a lighter one.

I'm panicking now as have barely an hour of free time between now and the wedding!
I would stop with the tret now and concentrate on getting your skin moisturised as a good base for foundation. Dont use a foundation with SPF in, the Nars one is really good. If you have time Lisa Eldrige does a good make up tutorial for weddings that you could follow. Ill see if I can link it for you here.

Other people have far better advice than me on here but I have learnt so much since reading these threads!

My Wedding Look / Pretty, Bridal Occassion Makeup

Reactions: 11

I think foundation is overrated. On many people I think it just looks like foundation rather than better skin. In some of SH's selfies all I see is the foundation, blusher and concealer rather than an enhanced appearance.

I'd be inclined to use a little concealer if/where needed rather than try to create a blank canvas with a full coverage foundation. I'd also echo though the advice about Lisa Eldridge's videos if you've got time.

Hope you have a lovely time at the wedding.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
How long have you been using the tret for and how often?
Daily for probably about a year now

I would stop with the tret now and concentrate on getting your skin moisturised as a good base for foundation. Dont use a foundation with SPF in, the Nars one is really good. If you have time Lisa Eldrige does a good make up tutorial for weddings that you could follow. Ill see if I can link it for you here.

Other people have far better advice than me on here but I have learnt so much since reading these threads!

My Wedding Look / Pretty, Bridal Occassion Makeup
Does the no SPF thing extend to not using it under the make up too? Sorry to be ignorant, I don't know the rationale for not using it. I also need to discover how people reply to more than one poster in a single message or I'm gonna clog up the feed and I don't want to derail the thread! Thank you all for replying 🥰

Reactions: 3
I'd stop using it immediately, to be honest. Daily is far too much without building up a tolerance especially if it's been a year. If you do start using it again it's best to build up a tolerance, use it 1-2 times a week and then build up. I know tret works for many people but I'm one of those that never managed to get past the building up stage. My skin was constantly red and uncomfortably flakey and sore so I gave up. IMO your best bet is to focus on getting your skin moisturized and give it a break from the tret and then revisit after the wedding

Reactions: 9
Daily for probably about a year now

Does the no SPF thing extend to not using it under the make up too? Sorry to be ignorant, I don't know the rationale for not using it. I also need to discover how people reply to more than one poster in a single message or I'm gonna clog up the feed and I don't want to derail the thread! Thank you all for replying 🥰
If you can I wouldn't use it at all on the day. It can give a white 'sheen' on photos that you cant see on the day. How to Banish "Ghostface Flashback" from Your Photos Forever | InStyle

The Nars Sheer Glow and their creamy concealer are a goo option.

Other tips for the day would be to have a little bag that someone else carries for you with perfume, lipstick and powder in. The Bobbi Brown Foundation sticks are good and portable for top ups Skin Foundation Stick | Bobbi Brown - Official Site

I am no good at false lashes and think that they dont look great a lot of the time. However a few of these on the outer corner of your eye will look really nice Kiss Falscara Eyelash - Wisp Multi 01 | Make Up | Superdrug and they look great on photos too.

What colour is your dress? Hope you have a lovely day.

Reactions: 1
I'd stop using it immediately, to be honest. Daily is far too much without building up a tolerance especially if it's been a year. If you do start using it again it's best to build up a tolerance, use it 1-2 times a week and then build up. I know tret works for many people but I'm one of those that never managed to get past the building up stage. My skin was constantly red and uncomfortably flakey and sore so I gave up. IMO your best bet is to focus on getting your skin moisturized and give it a break from the tret and then revisit after the wedding
I've got some tolerance - the majority of my face, much of which did flake to start, is ok. It's the nasolabial fold area and either side of the chin that are a problem - to be fair I actually only put it on those bits 1-2 times a week and the rest of the face daily. But it is clearly still too much for those inexplicably more sensitive spots 🤷🏻‍♀️. Such a shame as it's working very well for me in terms of visible pores/sebaceous filaments which I had really badly as have super oily skin. I used the ordinary retinol in squalane before and didn't get any peeling but also no discernible benefit (at least short term - waiting to see if I age well or not 😂).

Reactions: 2

I use weleda skin food as prep for foundation when I’m using tret. Then powder where I’m too shiny. It takes the texture out, and works well, and it isn’t expensive to try it out if it doesn’t work for you

Reactions: 6

I had exactly this, and needed to quickly fix my face for a TV appearance. Stop using the tret now, and my solution was Eumovate ointment from the pharmacy. Using it under a moisturiser for a couple of nights completely reset my flaky skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.