Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Clovis for thread title idea and to @TriviaNewtonJohn for nominating it.

40 threads!!! 🎉🥳
Celebratory potatoes and side orders of your choice from Chilli Pickle all round! Just say 'Sali sent me'.

(I'm afraid I'm off to bed to spoon the dog DON'T LECTURE ME so if anyone fancies doing a brief last thread recap (y))

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Thanks to @Clovis for thread title idea and to @TriviaNewtonJohn for nominating it.

40 threads!!! 🎉🥳
Celebratory potatoes and side orders of your choice from Chilli Pickle all round! Just say 'Sali sent me'.

(I'm afraid I'm off to bed to spoon the dog DON'T LECTURE ME so if anyone fancies doing a brief last thread recap (y))
With respect to all other posters I'm happy to defer gratification and I await your re-emergence @Jelly Bean

That book is basically a rehash of her Pool columns.
Is there more info on it somewhere? She did say in convo with Marcia Kilgore that she had "repurposed" an old Pool column on lack of high st clothes for women over 35 (so that explains the £300 comfy sweatshirt to slob about at home, she had no option but to go designer - the High St made her do it). It just happened to be a column Marcia brought up as being hilar (you may be ahead of be here and you're right - it wasn't). What are the chances? So I think you're probably spot on. Updated to reflect the post pandemic world we now live in no doubt

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I wonder how Sali is squaring it in her brain that her beloved Rainbow Queen is protecting the disgraceful abusive/pedalo Andrew from being prosecuted.

Probably the same way she managed to stay friends with India Knight whose husband possessed images of babies being r**ed.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Considering Sali has always positioned herself as a rebel cool girl, I always thought a book about the queen’s outfits was a really odd choice. Wonder how many it sold - my guess is not many, can’t imagine who the target market was for that.
PS - total instagrammer thigh gap stance on latest story

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wonder how Sali is squaring it in her brain that her beloved Rainbow Queen is protecting the disgraceful abusive/pedalo Andrew from being prosecuted.
OT but this made me laugh. SH's book subscribed to the (completely unverified as far as I know) idea that HMQ signalled her feelings via her accessories which was based on an anonymous twitter thread (Hadley Freeman also got a column out if it). I've got an idea this was rubbished by HMQ's dresser. It seems a silly liberal fantasy

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
And the lint
I know! She should have got the lint roller and windolene out of storage too.
I’m no Hinchee, I’m not into slut shaming and my mirrors could certainly do with a wipe but I do find it odd that she forgoes so many small details that would present her, and the products she promotes, in a much better light.
I think I find the contrast between this relaxed, take me as you find me approach and the broken marionette thigh gap artifice really jarring.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Considering Sali has always positioned herself as a rebel cool girl, I always thought a book about the queen’s outfits was a really odd choice. Wonder how many it sold - my guess is not many, can’t imagine who the target market was for that.
PS - total instagrammer thigh gap stance on latest story
I think the Queenie stuff is her playing up to her smelly handbags, ‘nanna’ side.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I know - always thought the smelling like a nana’s handbag thing was bizarre. My nana’s handbag smelt overwhelmingly of fags not Chanel no 5 so I’m clearly a pleb who doesn’t get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
OT but this made me laugh. SH's book subscribed to the (completely unverified as far as I know) idea that HMQ signalled her feelings via her accessories which was based on an anonymous twitter thread (Hadley Freeman also got a column out if it). I've got an idea this was rubbished by HMQ's dresser. It seems a silly liberal fantasy

Oh yes, I remember now, wasn't there something about a brooch that threw shade or words to that effect?

Reactions: 2
That book title should be

“Everything is Shillable and Other Important Shite Lessons”

• Haha
Reactions: 20
To still have her Queen book as her Twitter header makes her look out of touch, and flags up her lack of any recent work.

B83D8D78-A500-4412-8FD0-701E09B08B02.jpeg

The Queen can be very blatant with her signals, eg sharing a car with Andrew just after Epstein’s death, all smiles and support. That would have me removing that header from Twitter.

ETA: Queen book was only published in 2019, feels like an age ago! 😱

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.