Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All those labels, and she still looks terrible. Hitching up the top so the Celine belt buckle shows is crass. And the trousers aren't made for short girls, Sali, they are 7/8 length as seen in her next story. Why is she so certain she's a fashion influencer when she can't even dress herself? No one needs to see this. It's pure label exhibitionism. Running a charity while dripping in unnecessary, ostentatious accessories is peak vulgarity imo

And now of all times, she chooses to put her exorbitant spending on blast. Read the bleeping room. I don't know what anyone gains from following this woman
She is embracing cheugy

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
*I didn't use "on blast" like the kids do, but you know what I mean. LOUD

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I used oral retinoids previously for acne and these are the things I swore by when my skin was peeling and dry but needed to look glam.

- Squalane - I used the Ordinary. Super cheap.

- a nice oily balm cleanser - beauty pie is good

- Armani Luminous Silk foundation. Not cheap but so so good at not clinging to dry areas and has a natural finish with no SPF. Hannah Martin uses it for bridal makeup and I can see why.

Reactions: 8
I don't have peeling skin but I can confirm that Armani Luminous Silk foundation is great. I used to have a bottle and loved it. I currently use one by MAC because I wanted something cheaper but it's nowhere near as good.

I get the perioral/nasolabial flaking too, if I go too hard too often with the tret. Can vouch for LRP Cicaplast and Aquaphor. Sorts it right out in a couple of nights, provided I hold off on the tret

What a caricature.
I don't know what's worse: the desperate showing off brands, the ridiculously bad 'fashion' 'advice', the posing like a 19 year old wannabe model on IG, or her aggressive I BOUGHT IT

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just got an email from LE saying their new lipstick collection is live and was reminded I haven't used the one I bought last year. Oops

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I get the perioral/nasolabial flaking too, if I go too hard too often with the tret. Can vouch for LRP Cicaplast and Aquaphor. Sorts it right out in a couple of nights, provided I hold off on the tret
I had a tube of cicaplast already so I'm following yours and @Mselvista 's advice this evening ❤ I might squeeze in a trip to get colour matched for a tinted moisturiser in space NK or John Lewis on Sunday afternoon too and all will be well. Feel much better now, thank you all.

• Heart
Just got an email from LE saying their new lipstick collection is live and was reminded I haven't used the one I bought last year. Oops
I have actually started using the ones I bought last autumn and got a compliment on how it lit up my face. Lipstick is usually the only makeup i wear since I finally sorted out my skin, and I find my glasses frames emphasise my eyes enough most of the time. (Still waiting for a non tubing non waterproof mascara which doesn't give me panda eyes)

I didn't order anything last time but today I bought the only one I had been interested in (but too tight to pay for shipping or P&P as we used to call it) Painterly. Plus Velvet Blush Lightly lipstick and pencil because I love Blush but it can be a bit full on so i plan to try mixing and matching. And free foundation card 1 for paler than She Here.

I have had a crap three years fortnight and wanted a lift - plus I would far rather send any lipstick lolly to Lisa than Leonard or L'Oréal (don't even mention Tilbury 🤨 she doesn't begin with L anyway).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
When I use squalane and Cicaplast overnight after glycolic in evening my drinking looks and feels ace the next day.
My skin looks and feels ace! I don't actually drink at all even though that comment reads as though I was half pissed when I wrote it

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I have actually started using the ones I bought last autumn and got a compliment on how it lit up my face. Lipstick is usually the only makeup i wear since I finally sorted out my skin, and I find my glasses frames emphasise my eyes enough most of the time. (Still waiting for a non tubing non waterproof mascara which doesn't give me panda eyes)

I didn't order anything last time but today I bought the only one I had been interested in (but too tight to pay for shipping or P&P as we used to call it) Painterly. Plus Velvet Blush Lightly lipstick and pencil because I love Blush but it can be a bit full on so i plan to try mixing and matching. And free foundation card 1 for paler than She Here.

I have had a crap three years fortnight and wanted a lift - plus I would far rather send any lipstick lolly to Lisa than Leonard or L'Oréal (don't even mention Tilbury 🤨 she doesn't begin with L anyway).
Mascara: have you tried Too Faced Better than Sex? Or Urban Decay Perversion?
I find they stay on really well and no panda eyes

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I've never found a mascara that doesn't give me panda eyes. I haven't tried in decades though

Reactions: 3
Thank you, will turn a blind eye (no pun intended) to the iffy names and give those a go! I can't bear the feeling of the tubing ones, however clever in theory ,removing them makes me cringe.

Reactions: 4

I love Painterly, I got it a while ago and it’s such a lovely colour and I like the texture too. I do hope you enjoy it!

I ordered Blush lightly pencil, Petal velvet lipstick and Cinnabar gloss and pencil today - went a bit mad! I don’t wear foundation or much eye makeup as I’m a glasses wearer too, so I find lip colour gives me joy 😊 It’s nice to mix it up a bit and Lisa’s range is such amazing quality that I don’t think I would buy anything else now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you, will turn a blind eye (no pun intended) to the iffy names and give those a go! I can't bear the feeling of the tubing ones, however clever in theory ,removing them makes me cringe.
The names are awful, agreed 🤣

I love Painterly, I got it a while ago and it’s such a lovely colour and I like the texture too. I do hope you enjoy it!

I ordered Blush lightly pencil, Petal velvet lipstick and Cinnabar gloss and pencil today - went a bit mad! I don’t wear foundation or much eye makeup as I’m a glasses wearer too, so I find lip colour gives me joy 😊 It’s nice to mix it up a bit and Lisa’s range is such amazing quality that I don’t think I would buy anything else now.
I really must try one of LE’s lipsticks. Also a glasses wearer and spend a lot of time on video calls so a nice lip cheers me up! (And the Botox I got last week 🤣 it wasn’t a weak dilute like Sali’s, I asked for the real thing!)

• Haha
I bought a velvet carnival (bright pink, she didn’t restock the skyscraper rose I really wanted) and a foundation card - I’m really interested in that!

I’m also * taps fingers * awaiting an in-depth review/column from She Here on what must be one of the most anticipated beauty launches of the last few years - top MUA launches own foundation range….

….what are the chances of that happening??

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Trips
“I’m invited on around one trip a month and am notorious for turning them down (I went on one – in the UK – last year. I must’ve turned down well over a dozen since then, including two last week)”

From that article link posted earlier. She’s “notorious” for turning trips down. Really, Sal? You’ve gained “notoriety” for turning down beauty trips?! The Notorious Sali Hughes 😂 Give me strength.

Part of it is the massively inflated sense of her own importance and part of it is that I’m sure she doesn’t even know what the words she uses actually mean half the time

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.