Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you can I wouldn't use it at all on the day. It can give a white 'sheen' on photos that you cant see on the day. How to Banish "Ghostface Flashback" from Your Photos Forever | InStyle

The Nars Sheer Glow and their creamy concealer are a goo option.

Other tips for the day would be to have a little bag that someone else carries for you with perfume, lipstick and powder in. The Bobbi Brown Foundation sticks are good and portable for top ups Skin Foundation Stick | Bobbi Brown - Official Site

I am no good at false lashes and think that they dont look great a lot of the time. However a few of these on the outer corner of your eye will look really nice Kiss Falscara Eyelash - Wisp Multi 01 | Make Up | Superdrug and they look great on photos too.

What colour is your dress? Hope you have a lovely day.
I've definitely had that sheen on photos before but always blamed it on my oiliness alone. Come to think of it I had heard about not wearing SPF for photos but I forgot, I've had loads of other life stuff going on and interest in beauty really took a backseat for a long while. I'm a redhead with the skin SH thinks she has hence the habit of wearing factor 50 but I can leave it that day esp as it's late October and mostly indoors.

Thank you so much for the tips 🙂 I'm going to look at Nars. I'm normally a superdrug or boots shopper for make-up so I bet I'm gonna cry at the price 😂 but I do want to look nice!

The dress is sort of a pumpkin colour - the other girls are in red or green, all very autumnal. It doesn't flatter me at all which is probably contributing to the make up panic! But it will be a beautiful wedding, the couple are perfect together, and hopefully I'll be too A. emotional and B. busy stopping my 3 year old wrecking the joint that I won't be too fussed about not looking my best. Will have a rucksack dumped somewhere handy with toys and snacks for my kid so I can keep a wee makeup bag there 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As a relative newcomer I feel bad mining you guys for advice/recommendations but I really bloody need it. I don't normally wear much make up at all, I have zero skill, am more interested in the hair/skin care sides of beauty. But I'm a bridesmaid for my SIL in two weeks and she's decided only to get the make up artist to do herself, not the bridesmaids, which is fine but I haven't got the funds to pay the artist to do me too after getting myself shoes and jewellery and an entire outfit for my son. I've just had a practice run and it was bloody awful. I haven't used foundation since I started using tretinoin (dermatica) because of the peeling. I thought I had little to no peeling now with a bare face but just tried a full face of make up and it looked horrific, suddenly I did have loads of peeling that wasn't visible before and I looked like a snake mid-shedding. I do feel I need some sort of base as my chin is redder than the rest of my face along with a kinda ugly moustache-shape red patch under my nose. I feel ok without day to day but not when I'm gonna be photographed and probably looked at a fair bit as my dress is the only bright orange one.

So are there any of you using tret who have found a round this? I'm thinking I'll have to stop using it for a couple of weeks and hope the shedding stops by then. Or maybe the nars tinted moisturiser people here were talking about, that looks to have a decent shade range, but has anyone also using tret tried it? I took the foundation off and put some number 7 tinted moisturiser on which hasn't done the same thing, but the shade is too dark and orange on me and they don't do a lighter one.

I'm panicking now as have barely an hour of free time between now and the wedding!
I’ve just had the exact same thing happen to me! I hardly ever wear foundation, but put some on a couple of weeks ago and my nose and chin looked awful with peeling skin - without makeup you can’t see a thing 🤷🏼‍♀️ Had to be from the tretinoin.

Anyway, don’t panic. All I did was stop using the tret immediately and used the richest moisturiser I have on my face, morning and night, sometimes inbetween. In my case I used aveeno dermexa daily emollient cream. After 2 or 3 days I tried using a foundation again and it was absolutely fine.

I’ve gone back to my tret, but now I know how to manage my skin in advance of any events where I need to wear makeup. I’d definitely give myself 4 or 5 days ahead of time, just in case.

Good luck, and enjoy the wedding!

Reactions: 4
Why has she got a bag on indoors? And surely it goes over a coat?
To be fair, I sometimes wear my bag under my coat, but only my (old) Céline pochette with a gold chain. I would never wear any bag with a (thick) leather strap under my coat.

I expect Sali is wearing her bag like this purely so we clock the gold triangle on the strap. She probably thinks this is a subtle way to show-off yet another Bottega Veneta bag. Sali, dear, it isn't, and yes, I've clocked your Celine belt too. Urgh. :rolleyes:

Bottega Veneta. Celine. Prada. I won't be buying anything from these brands ever again, although that said, since Hedi Slimane took the helm, I lost all interest in Celine anyway.

I do wonder when brands will wake up and realise just how many people are not influenced by influencers, and if anything, the brands are being tarnished by association.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve just had the exact same thing happen to me! I hardly ever wear foundation, but put some on a couple of weeks ago and my nose and chin looked awful with peeling skin - without makeup you can’t see a thing 🤷🏼‍♀️ Had to be from the tretinoin.

Anyway, don’t panic. All I did was stop using the tret immediately and used the richest moisturiser I have on my face, morning and night, sometimes inbetween. In my case I used aveeno dermexa daily emollient cream. After 2 or 3 days I tried using a foundation again and it was absolutely fine.

I’ve gone back to my tret, but now I know how to manage my skin in advance of any events where I need to wear makeup. I’d definitely give myself 4 or 5 days ahead of time, just in case.

Good luck, and enjoy the wedding!
Awesome! Thank you! Really was total panic stations this morning 🤣

Reactions: 3
I’ve said it before, but she’s just so thirsty. All those clashing labels. Whatever happened to a little decorum?

There’s a bleeping pandemic on, people have lost jobs and had their incomes slashed. Household bills have rocketed. Is now REALLY the time to display her desperate nouveau riche leanings?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I've got some tolerance - the majority of my face, much of which did flake to start, is ok. It's the nasolabial fold area and either side of the chin that are a problem - to be fair I actually only put it on those bits 1-2 times a week and the rest of the face daily. But it is clearly still too much for those inexplicably more sensitive spots 🤷🏻‍♀️. Such a shame as it's working very well for me in terms of visible pores/sebaceous filaments which I had really badly as have super oily skin. I used the ordinary retinol in squalane before and didn't get any peeling but also no discernible benefit (at least short term - waiting to see if I age well or not 😂).
I would try LRP Cicaplast at night. Maybe a layer of Squalane oil underneath if you need more after a week or so if skin is repaired sufficiently try a *really* weak AHA toner like the Boots Ingedients Glycolic at night rather than in am (as may still be too sensitive). You want bland and no actives apart from maybe weak aha once your skincare calmed down - if you look at the reviews for that toner some say it's crap because it's mild but they're hard-core acid users. I've been using it recently after a break from glycolic and it's a enough to give that smoothness and radiance. When I use squalane and Cicaplast overnight after glycolic in evening my drinking looks and feels ace the next day. I'm only suggesting aha because you've got wedding coming up otherwise would say stay even more bland
If you're prone to spots this won't suit but I'm combination and it works for my skin
Apologies rambling on

Btw - Cicaplast does have that petrochemical smell but that's the only con with it I think. Love the stuff

Oh tit missed the bit about super oily skin! Ignore me 🙄

The best? In what sense?
If influencers still made YouTube tutorials, I’d be requesting ‘how to make yourself look like you’re permanently covered in dandruff by not having the brains to quickly clean your mirror before standing in front of it taking 50,000 photos before posting one in which you still look tit’. Tbh, that’s not a very catchy title, maybe that’s why they stopped 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Aquaphor is really good for dry areas and is supposedly non comedogenic but it has the texture of finer vaseline. It's petroleum jelly with glycerin and lanolin too. Supposedly helps repair the skin barrier. Useful for lips, cuticles etc too. And cheap

I've got some tolerance - the majority of my face, much of which did flake to start, is ok. It's the nasolabial fold area and either side of the chin that are a problem - to be fair I actually only put it on those bits 1-2 times a week and the rest of the face daily. But it is clearly still too much for those inexplicably more sensitive spots 🤷🏻‍♀️. Such a shame as it's working very well for me in terms of visible pores/sebaceous filaments which I had really badly as have super oily skin. I used the ordinary retinol in squalane before and didn't get any peeling but also no discernible benefit (at least short term - waiting to see if I age well or not 😂).
You might find this useful

Last edited:
Slender man meets my little pony.
My wedding make up tip is pile on the eyeshadow. Minimum seven layers. I have zero skillz soI use primer as a base. Even if you’re using natural/bland colours, use loads. As much as a drag artist. If you want it to last the day.

Reactions: 2
that old pic a couple of pages back really highlights the fillers now - lips in particular. Hadn't realised before now.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’ve said it before, but she’s just so thirsty. All those clashing labels. Whatever happened to a little decorum?
All those labels, and she still looks terrible. Hitching up the top so the Celine belt buckle shows is crass. And the trousers aren't made for short girls, Sali, they are 7/8 length as seen in her next story. Why is she so certain she's a fashion influencer when she can't even dress herself? No one needs to see this. It's pure label exhibitionism. Running a charity while dripping in unnecessary, ostentatious accessories is peak vulgarity imo

And now of all times, she chooses to put her exorbitant spending on blast. Read the bleeping room. I don't know what anyone gains from following this woman

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.