Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if they're bespoke why wasn't the trimmy bit at the top made just a smidge taller?
But Grimsby is the only place in the UK that can supply wooden wardrobes, you don’t expect them to be able to fit them right to the ceiling as well do you?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I HAVE A THEORY…

In the latest video she says there is no foundation that she has not tried (or words to that effect) because it’s her favourite thing ever. So the the burning question is will she try and review the LE foundation?
She’s not paler than the white cliffs of Dover either, the Monika Blunder foundation she is colour match to is 3.5… or ‘DRAY’ to quote She Here… I had to laugh at that because the Blunder Cover is numbered in German and she pronounced Drei as Dray. 😂.

It’s going all meta with the recent foundation video releasing after LE announced her launch last week

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Oof, she can’t even be nice to people who genuinely like her stuff and ask about it. No wonder she full on hates us. Why is she so damn irritable and annoyed sounding all the time?
My opinion - she wanted to be a writer. You write the book, column, whatever. Its printed, people read it. It’s a one-way communication.

Reactions: 15
JE begins with Jane reading in a window seat:

"Jane, I don't like cavillers or questioners; besides, there is
something truly forbidding in a child taking up her elders in that
manner. Be seated somewhere; and until you can speak pleasantly,
remain silent."

A breakfast-room adjoined the drawing-room, I slipped in there. It
contained a bookcase: I soon possessed myself of a volume, taking
care that it should be one stored with pictures. I mounted into the
window-seat: gathering up my feet, I sat cross-legged, like a Turk;
and, having drawn the red moreen curtain nearly close, I was shrined
in double retirement.

Folds of scarlet drapery shut in my view to the right hand; to the
left were the clear panes of glass, protecting, but not separating
me from the drear November day. At intervals, while turning over
the leaves of my book, I studied the aspect of that winter
afternoon.

Sounds cosy. Red curtains. If Sali knew this she would not have made an arse of herself mentioning things she'd quickly googled. She is so insecure. Like David Brent! Not sure even Charlotte B could have done much with her toothpaste coloured bland room.

Reactions: 13
Oof, she can’t even be nice to people who genuinely like her stuff and ask about it. No wonder she full on hates us. Why is she so damn irritable and annoyed sounding all the time?
Maybe she IS there and doesn’t realise it yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't like the bed or birds (actual veggie here, and birds freak me out anyway) but otherwise I do like the bedroom. I'd have a colourful bedspread if it was mine though.

In other news my flaky redness is much improved and I bought a nars tinted moisturiser yesterday (terre neuve 👻) which looks brilliant and doesn't emphasise the snake skin. Doesn't quite cover the red but tones it down and I have a week and a half before the wedding for it to cool down further. You're all so helpful and knowledgeable, thank you thank you!

Also, I don't know where anyone is, but if you're near Cambridge I absolutely recommend the Space NK for lovely, patient staff who were incredibly tolerant of my 3 year old. I was dreading taking him with me and very prepared to go home empty-handed if he was having a running riot type of day, but he was an angel and they were willing to engage with him while I focused on the products for a few minutes which took all the stress off!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Re Space NK I once was in a rush before an event and asked a staff member who looked about my age for some basic products.
I said I didnt trust social media beauty / make up advice for the most part ( exception made here for Lisa Eldridge).
she said get Nars creamy concealer and Hourglass loose powder. Both v good. The Nars doesn’t last long but the powder lasted me two years. I know these products are also mentioned by influencers but I’m passing it on in case anyone else is like me and disregards influencers

I should say , I use the nars only on outside corners of eyes and a dot on inner corners . It’s ‘sticky’ so really lasts.
The best general concealer ( I use it in a triangle in the middle of my face to brighten) is Lancôme Effacernes- I’ve used it for years lol and rarely if ever see it being shilled.

Last edited:
I still like the studio 10 concealer palette thingy. And smash box photo finish primer to stop foundation and concealer settling in pores and wrinkles. Laura mercier loose powder on top (just a bit).

Reactions: 2
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing those birds staring back at you. No thanks

• Haha
  • Wow
😧
I hate seeing stuffed animals

I like some studio 10 stuff too @Stronkeywildcat.
I used to love their face palette with the foundation and blusher etc.
They do a double sided lip pencil with a skin coloured end and a lip liner end. The skin coloured end is meant to be a lip contour or something but I use it draw over an annoying thread vein . Works perfectly
I love the minimalist approach of studio 10. Futurge me will have a few small palettes to do all my makeup- I’m slowly using all I have up. I love binning a product when empty and not replacing .I find myself repulsed by the drawers and boxes of stuff that influencers show . My foil hat theory - they are trying to normalise hoarding tons of ‘product’ as aspirational . It’s not.

Last edited:
I find myself repulsed by the drawers and boxes of stuff that influencers show . My foil hat theory - they are trying to normalise hoarding tons of ‘product’ as aspirational . It’s not.
Same. As others here have said, I was repulsed by Caroline Hirons displaying her drawers of stuff in her In The Bathroom With.
Not sure what it was that was so repellent - the greed? the waste? the idiocy? And seeming to take a sort of pride in the amount of stuff she'd amassed.

• Sick
Off topic but it was thoughtless of me to describe the lip pencil as ‘skin coloured’ . It will work for pale / medium skin. They only seem to make the product in one shade. That’s another issue .

“I am aware of the differences”

sounds like a thread title to me

apparently, on other threads, they struggle to find titles 😂😂😂
i second this- but with the correction from the original “I Am aware of the differences” 👍🏻 👍🏻

i don’t know why, but the capitalized A in am just makes it so much better/more ludicrous. And two thumbs up! I Am a fan of both.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Same. As others here have said, I was repulsed by Caroline Hirons displaying her drawers of stuff in her In The Bathroom With.
Not sure what it was that was so repellent - the greed? the waste? the idiocy? And seeming to take a sort of pride in the amount of stuff she'd amassed.
It is horrible isn't it?
What I don't get, which Sali does too, is the way they have reams of say, foundation, and then say one is their favourite 'the one I always reach for'. Why not just use that one then? Why have all these also rans? Cupboards full of near identical products for one face. I get Sali is testing for her job - but I think she would have shelves and shelves of product job or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.