Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who does she mean when she says: “we’ve had the taxidermy for decades”? She hasn’t been with her husband for that long? I remember when she made a big deal on Twitter about never getting married again and then two minutes later she…got married.

Reactions: 10
I'm now trying to imagine what is in her wardrobe that would be so exposing. If she opened those doors in an instagram live would all her deleted tweets fall out and clatter to the floor? Or would there be a pvc dominatrix outfit and dog collar swinging on a coat hanger...because she's so Brighton.
Also I can't look at that daybed set up without getting a crick in my neck trying to work out a comfy reading position. Reckon we are counting down to a candid photo of her chinning a book with dog cosily nestled in once she catches up on her though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
A window seat/daybed seems kind of redundant in a bedroom…with an actual bed. And all the pillows give me anxiety for some reason…I think there are just too many and I feel they must smell of dog. Would have been nicer and more personable to keep plants (living things!) and pictures on a shelf.

• Heart
Who does she mean when she says: “we’ve had the taxidermy for decades”? She hasn’t been with her husband for that long? I remember when she made a big deal on Twitter about never getting married again and then two minutes later she…got married.
Yes she wrote pieces on The Pool about never remarrying. And then when she remarried wrote a piece about how silly it is to close your mind off to remarrying. Her perogative obviously. But there are dangers to being so bloody definite all the time.

Re the bedroom which we aren't allowed to comment negatively on, the day bed/window seat is more decorative than useful I imagine. I would much prefer a squashy sofa in the alcove.
And the lack of pictures, just dead things creeps me out tbh.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Yes she wrote pieces on The Pool about never remarrying. And then when she remarried wrote a piece about how silly it is to close your mind off to remarrying. Her perogative obviously. But there are dangers to being so bloody definite all the time.

Re the bedroom which we aren't allowed to comment negatively on, the day bed/window seat is more decorative than useful I imagine. I would much prefer a squashy sofa in the alcove.
And the lack of pictures, just dead things creeps me out tbh.
Yeah it’s just the strange wording of “we’ve had this for decades”. Like…no…you haven’t? Decades ago you were married to someone else, before that who knows, blah blah

Reactions: 15
It is strange for somebody who goes on about being a vegetarian so much to have taxidermy in their bedroom no matter how long they've had it. In my opinion anyway.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Chinning a book 😂. That room is ready just in time to be a backdrop for some chunky mid-brown knits from Boden. Perfect for Christmas with a gold sequin skirt.

Refresh. Refresh.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The bedroom is all a bit Emperors New Clothes isn't it?
When she's finished fannying around with her designer shite she goes home in the evening and chucks her Prada clodhoppers into her B&Q Wardrobe.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Opening the wardrobe is too "exposing", yet we are subjected to an endless parade of its contents 🤷‍♀️
Guess it's also full of skeletons

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I like her bedroom. Bit too minimalist for me but I think it's lovely. Don't @ me!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I like her bedroom. Bit too minimalist for me but I think it's lovely. Don't @ me!
That’s the thing about this thread, we’re allowed to each have an opinion of our own. That kind of thing isn’t tolerated on websites when it’s somebodies “name above the door”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I like the room, it has a lovely calm serene feeling to it. It reminds me of a v. nice hotel that Mr DragName and I stayed in. Whilst I’ve always wanted to emulate that feeling of a luxury hotel room in my own bedroom, I am far too maximalist. Even when I make a very conscious effort to tidy!

I also love a garish splash of colour, rebelling against a childhood of plain walls, maybe. As a spare room, sign me up. As my actual bedroom? Not for me.

I like her bedroom too.

I seem to remember her U-turn on remarrying was something to do with the world going to tit so…well I didn’t understand it well enough to repeat it. But she managed to make it sound sanctimonious and worthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Must be Dan's contribution to the decor.
Dan's contribution was coming up with some spoof paint names while SH pored over paint charts into the early hours and gazed at sample pot patches from all angles at all times of day before settling on 4 barely distinguishable shades.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Dan's contribution was coming up with some spoof paint names
Actually that idea has got legs. A fun pun based quiz for all the family, based on Farrow and Ball paint names - 'Watching Paint Dry'.
Presented by Vernon Kaye.
You need to slap a © on that @Mselvista on the off chance we are being spied on 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I caved and looked up the bedroom pics and honestly am not a fan. The reds don’t really match and she’s used white, cream, beige window seat, and a light grey bed which also aren’t cohesive. Just cause the colours are all lighter than you Sali doesn’t make them neutrals that pair together. Add in the dog sleeping on all that and it’s going to get grotty very quickly. I‘d say only her and her partners opinion matter but then again she posted the pics for the world to see. I’m not a mate invited in for a tour so don’t have to play polite and say yes dear it’s lovely. Random strangers on the internet don’t owe influencers likes if what they produce isn‘t to their taste.

Also super confused by the exchange and had to read it a couple times to understand what was going on. Jane Eyre is actually my all time favourite and is soooo far removed from the pictures vibes I cringe. Then Sali makes it worse with her “adjusts bonnet draws likeness“ comment. When Jane drew anything in the book it was things like creepy shipwrecks, or a harsh self portrait contrasted with a beautiful imagining of Blanche to convince herself Rochester could see nothing in her. Like tell me you’ve never read Jane Eyre without telling me you’ve never read Jane Eyre 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.