Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think yesterday's Jane Eyre exchange was peak SH. The seeming need to a) take issue with any hint of criticism, b) ensure that we know how clever and cultured she is, c) remind us that she is the brave victim of internet trolling, and d) be seen to have the last word. All within the context of a post requiring admiration for her taste and affluence.

(And would she have even responded to the reference to JE if it hadn't been from a fellow blue-ticker?)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I still don't get the original 'Jane Eyre is shook' comment. What did that mean? But yes @Aude, perfect summary. She just can't bear to be seen as not knowing something. Has she ever said anything like "oh I didn't know that, that's interesting" in her whole life?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I placed my Lisa E order at 4.15 on Friday. At 10am this morning I received a dispatch email and it will be delivered tomorrow! That's how you do it Hirons ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I still don't get the original 'Jane Eyre is shook' comment. What did that mean? But yes @Aude, perfect summary. She just can't bear to be seen as not knowing something. Has she ever said anything like "oh I didn't know that, that's interesting" in her whole life?
I feel like the original poster just got confused between Jane Austen and Jane Eyre and Sali ran with it to be clever, except she too obviously doesn't know her regency from her gothic and made it even weirder. I suppose when you decide to sell yourself as much educated, so cultured, chinning books night and day, not picking up the difference between the two comes across a bit embarrassing. Sali's brittle self image when challenged immediately shatters into whatever cutting remark she can type out. I do think she'd benefit greatly from reading Jane Eyre, it has some beautiful ideas that were ahead of their time in a society where the author had to sell her work as if she were a man to prevent bias. Here's one I think Sali should meditate on given her chosen path as an influencer, one of my favourite Jane quotes:

“I can live alone, if self-respect, and circumstances require me so to do. I need not sell my soul to buy bliss. I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give.”

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Late to the party, or rather Sali's bedroom...

It's not minimalist (so was incredibly surprised to see that descriptor. It's basic and bland at best, decorated by someone who either hasn't really got any taste or doesn't trust their judgement when making interior design decisions. The lighting is obviously an attempt to give the room some personality. It does not.

What is most striking is how utterly sexless the room is, although given she's all about maintenance shag, not too surprising.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Her next sweater should be “Jane Eyre Don’t Care” I’d buy it 😂
Thread title 😂😂😂😂

I would totally buy this. God why is she so snippy?! Don’t reply then if you’re that pissed off by the slightest thing?

also, have caved and ordered a velvet lipstick from LE - foundation card two because I’m about as pale as she here 🤫

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Lots of requests for a review of Lisa's foundation on newest video :unsure:
Not even including the DMs.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Here’s my theory re odd Jane Eyre / Jane Austen reference. Maybe it is in connection to swooning on Sali’s day bed. Except really one swoons on a chaise longue….

• Haha
I could be wrong but the only person in Austen World who swoons on a day bed is Mrs Bennett, with good bleeping reason as well. Its been a very long time since I did some close reading of Austen's books.

Late to the party, or rather Sali's bedroom...

It's not minimalist (so was incredibly surprised to see that descriptor. It's basic and bland at best, decorated by someone who either hasn't really got any taste or doesn't trust their judgement when making interior design decisions. The lighting is obviously an attempt to give the room some personality. It does not.

What is most striking is how utterly sexless the room is, although given she's all about maintenance shag, not too surprising.
I was going to say "characterless" but I thought that was a bit harsh, so I didn't. I also hadn't understood that there was more than one photo, I don't like dead birds or the cushions (I did wonder what cushions she was going on about). Overall, though, I like a restful bedroom.

Reactions: 6
For REAL content, they could have turned dead bird bedroom into a Halloween spooktacular. Less beige, more goth.

If She Here had any sense of humour (and definite commitment to the bit), she could have said "...and this is where the magic happens"
Old-sawing-the-woman-in-half-magic-trick.jpg

Open the SECRET wardrobe to have bats fly out? Too revealing! She doesn't have a licence for them!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I feel like the original poster just got confused between Jane Austen and Jane Eyre and Sali ran with it to be clever, except she too obviously doesn't know her regency from her gothic and made it even weirder. I suppose when you decide to sell yourself as much educated, so cultured, chinning books night and day, not picking up the difference between the two comes across a bit embarrassing. Sali's brittle self image when challenged immediately shatters into whatever cutting remark she can type out. I do think she'd benefit greatly from reading Jane Eyre, it has some beautiful ideas that were ahead of their time in a society where the author had to sell her work as if she were a man to prevent bias. Here's one I think Sali should meditate on given her chosen path as an influencer, one of my favourite Jane quotes:

“I can live alone, if self-respect, and circumstances require me so to do. I need not sell my soul to buy bliss. I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give.”
The antidote to Instagram.

Reactions: 4

Now I understand. The two Janes were mixed up, not initially by Sali but she ran with it. And Jane Eyre we did at school, that’s the Bronte one.
I hate to speak on Sylvia’s behalf bu5 she may well have been a tattler-if she was alive just now.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
the gap between the top of the wardrobe and the ceiling would bug me. if they're bespoke why wasn't the trimmy bit at the top made just a smidge taller? it will be a haven for tarantulas and black widows and all sorts.

wrdrb.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.