Sali Hughes #40 The carbon footprint on that hair.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never found a mascara that doesn't give me panda eyes. I haven't tried in decades though
Me neither. Thinking of getting those eyelash extensions but they are so expensive and need doing every few weeks. Would be nice to feel ‘done’ without the faff. Since I started on the daily castor oil and weekly tinting for my eyebrows I find it makes such a difference.

Reactions: 2
Me neither. Thinking of getting those eyelash extensions but they are so expensive and need doing every few weeks. Would be nice to feel ‘done’ without the faff. Since I started on the daily castor oil and weekly tinting for my eyebrows I find it makes such a difference.
The castor oil is working? I tried it, but got lazy

Reactions: 1

This week’s shill is for Beauty Pie.

Nothing to see here. No conflict of interest whatsoever.

Oh, and Charlotte Tilbury definitely knows where the bodies are buried.
Yep - notice how it is always the high end product which is the staple…. Anyway she has so many staples her make up bag must be this size!!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I bought a velvet carnival (bright pink, she didn’t restock the skyscraper rose I really wanted) and a foundation card - I’m really interested in that!

I’m also * taps fingers * awaiting an in-depth review/column from She Here on what must be one of the most anticipated beauty launches of the last few years - top MUA launches own foundation range….

….what are the chances of that happening??
After all your skin is the largest amount of ‘real estate’ on your face and worth investing in…

Surely she can’t ignore this? If Mary Greenwell launched a line she wouldn’t ignore that would she?

She really does go after the commercial successes doesn’t she? Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury…. Anything or anyone slightly more niche or high fashion is either ignored or merely paid lip service. I know she wrote the article on Pat McGrath’s launch, but I remember reading it and feeling like it was done through gritted teeth.
Bonkers.
Pat McGrath is responsible for the Armani Luminous Silk formulation (a brand which Sali loves) and her own foundation is like an even more refined version of it, a little goes a very long way and the finish is beautiful.
Lisa Eldridge launching a foundation independently is big news. I would say front page news in the beauty world…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Trips
“I’m invited on around one trip a month and am notorious for turning them down (I went on one – in the UK – last year. I must’ve turned down well over a dozen since then, including two last week)”

From that article link posted earlier. She’s “notorious” for turning trips down. Really, Sal? You’ve gained “notoriety” for turning down beauty trips?! The Notorious Sali Hughes 😂 Give me strength.

Part of it is the massively inflated sense of her own importance and part of it is that I’m sure she doesn’t even know what the words she uses actually mean half the time
Who the hell was inviting her on press trips during the lockdowns? The woman can not stop lying.

Reactions: 7
The castor oil is working? I tried it, but got lazy
I think it is. I have very sparse eyebrows and they seem a bit less sparse - not full and thick or anything. Tinting regularly helps as it makes the tiny blonde hairs darker so maybe it’s just that. Also I use a black dye, apply it with a tiny brush and leave it on for ages so tbh I think that is staining my brows a bit too. Like a terrible tattoo! 🤣

ETA I sometimes use a dermaroller on them - that might help. It did not help the thinning hair on my scalp though. No sir.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m going to try lash lifts - I can’t deal with the idea of having to take lashes off every few weeks and I’ve seen good results with lifts on others.

Reactions: 4
I’m going to try lash lifts - I can’t deal with the idea of having to take lashes off every few weeks and I’ve seen good results with lifts on others.
I go though phases of having extensions. I love them as it means I hardly have to wear any makeup but it is a pain that you can’t wash your eyes properly. This time round my lashes have suffered as a result so I am having a break and I have just had a lift and tint. This has made a difference but no where near as good as the extensions. I thought about false lashes that you apply yourself but I would be rubbish at that. Anyone use the magnetic ones???

Thank you, will turn a blind eye (no pun intended) to the iffy names and give those a go! I can't bear the feeling of the tubing ones, however clever in theory ,removing them makes me cringe.
I've found this works very well, even over other more volume building mascaras and it's only £3.49. It just comes off as a normal mascara would when I use a balm cleanser.
Screenshot_20211016-092257_Samsung Internet.jpg

One of the hazards of being extremely well / over moisturised is makeup migrates. On the other hand, I'm slippery like a basted goose and so will never get stuck in a tight spot. Face oil, hand cream, lip balm - maybe Castrol GTX should sponsor me?

Also surely She Here has more notoriety for these threads? She owes us EVERYTHING!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've found this works very well, even over other more volume building mascaras and it's only £3.49. It just comes off as a normal mascara would when I use a balm cleanser.
View attachment 812533

One of the hazards of being extremely well / over moisturised is makeup migrates. On the other hand, I'm slippery like a basted goose and so will never get stuck in a tight spot. Face oil, hand cream, lip balm - maybe Castrol GTX should sponsor me?

Also surely She Here has more notoriety for these threads? She owes us EVERYTHING!
Thank you, this is a name as well as a price which I can relate to!

Talking of price, why would She Here say in her final sentence that the price of £24 was worth every cent? We have pennies in pounds.

And while I'm niggling about her writing style, was She or the sub responsible for the headline RIP Becca queen of natural makeup? makes it sound as though an actual woman has died - misleading, and tasteless especially in the face of the murder of David Amess .

Reactions: 20
@Sheeeet I agree about Panda Eyes, stays on like a tubing mascara but comes off much more easily. And it’s affordable - not Sali-affordable but real-affordable.
I found it through a recommendation on here (maybe actually by @Sheeeet?, so thank you for a great tip!) and haven’t looked back. I still have an unopened Sensai 38 in my makeup drawer, but I’m not very optimistic that it will come out any good in comparison.

I forgot to mention that the Sensai was a birthday present. I asked for it because Mary Greenwell recommended it, but then got stuck on Panda Eyes. I hope I’m no longer the kind of person who hoards make-up that cost the equivalent of a mini-break until it goes off. 🙈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
@Sheeeet I agree about Panda Eyes, stays on like a tubing mascara but comes off much more easily. And it’s affordable - not Sali-affordable but real-affordable.
I found it through a recommendation on here (maybe actually by @Sheeeet?, so thank you for a great tip!) and haven’t looked back. I still have an unopened Sensai 38 in my makeup drawer, but I’m not very optimistic that it will come out any good in comparison.

I forgot to mention that the Sensai was a birthday present. I asked for it because Mary Greenwell recommended it, but then got stuck on Panda Eyes. I hope I’m no longer the kind of person who hoards make-up that cost the equivalent of a mini-break until it goes off. 🙈
I also bought the bye bye panda eyes recently. It stays on well although not100% although I was out and about and my eyes water in the cold.

Reactions: 4
After all your skin is the largest amount of ‘real estate’ on your face and worth investing in…

Surely she can’t ignore this? If Mary Greenwell launched a line she wouldn’t ignore that would she?

She really does go after the commercial successes doesn’t she? Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury…. Anything or anyone slightly more niche or high fashion is either ignored or merely paid lip service. I know she wrote the article on Pat McGrath’s launch, but I remember reading it and feeling like it was done through gritted teeth.
Bonkers.
Pat McGrath is responsible for the Armani Luminous Silk formulation (a brand which Sali loves) and her own foundation is like an even more refined version of it, a little goes a very long way and the finish is beautiful.
Lisa Eldridge launching a foundation independently is big news. I would say front page news in the beauty world…
I didn't know that about luminous silk - it's my favourite foundation since forever 😏 . And the Pat Mc Grath💄 have great staying power. I've gotten several on offer for €13 too!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Didn't Dior recently send everyone bags. She hasn't put gifted so ob
I think it is. I have very sparse eyebrows and they seem a bit less sparse - not full and thick or anything. Tinting regularly helps as it makes the tiny blonde hairs darker so maybe it’s just that. Also I use a black dye, apply it with a tiny brush and leave it on for ages so tbh I think that is staining my brows a bit too. Like a terrible tattoo! 🤣

ETA I sometimes use a dermaroller on them - that might help. It did not help the thinning hair on my scalp though. No sir.
How to you apply the castor oil fingers or brush?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.