Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While we're being (sort of) nice to SH, it would appear that DOP follows her on Twitter.

Personally I think that's probably more a case of 'keep your enemies closer still' after SH's previous Twitter shenanigans, but who knows 🤷‍♀️

1569872726821.png

Reactions: 2
For balance (as SH thinks we all dislike her) I bought and enjoyed both of her books. The second one was a bit niche but I loved it. The column used to be my Saturday morning highlight and I checked it first thing. The recent one on mascaras was actually pretty good too
I didn't mind the mascara one as they were all affordable (sadly as a lowly paid ugly incel I can't always run to Charlotte Darling's offerings). I had been away with minimal internet and saw it in the paper so didn't realise there were no comments. Came here to say I thought it was a bit of a return to form and then caught up with all the madness.
And I genuinely did not realise Lauren does actually walk the dog. I thought it was just a joke. Lovely dog mind you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
While we're being (sort of) nice to SH, it would appear that DOP follows her on Twitter.

Personally I think that's probably more a case of 'keep your enemies closer still' after SH's previous Twitter shenanigans, but who knows 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 45349
I wonder if that's a recent follow? She's probably been in touch arse licking asking her to follow her as the mean trolls are saying nasty things about her. Probaby said 'Hi Dawn, if you follow me, I'll give your new book out in October a glowing review'!

She deactivated her own account but I knew it was something to do with Mumsnet, I'm afraid KK can't blamed on this one :p :
That’s the sanitised PR approved version.

She got ripped to shreds after a KK weight loss lolly post, she did a “book review” (LOL) about we need to talk about race which went down like a cup of cold sick. Around the time she set her minions on Laura Hesketh for something or another too, and there was a tame mumsnet thread running (which many think she was sockpuppeting on - SophiaLemon or Cady someone from memory?) questioning then, as we do now, the morality of selling every aspect of your childrens’ privacy (google her girls names and be appalled) anyway the heat got too much so she shut down and blamed online bullies.

Reactions: 5
I truly believe there is a social media ruling class and they are taking it too far.
I’m inclined to agree, but weirdest of all, it’s a self-appointed group of people!

I was digging for some dirt earlier (didn’t find it, sadly!) but I found this kiss-ass of a Follow Friday tweet from Chris Addison. What struck me (with the exception of Scouserachel who I don’t recognise, and Hemmo who came up this afternoon) was that it’s the SAME OLD NAMES 🤣 Twitter royalty then and now. It must take a shitload of work to keep your status up after all these years.

Funny how Addison and Dent turned their back on that “fame”, if you can call it that.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 2
There was another thread on MN posted by someone who knows a 'mummy blogger/vlogger' and they wanted to know if they should expose them.

Whaddya know,it's been removed :rolleyes:

Seems like they are untouchable as far as MN is concerned.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
As a fellow Gtl-er, my eyes have sadly truly been opened. Sorry if this has been posted before but here’s what Sali said about her comments regarding Esther. So we are “allowed” to say if something is reductive and crap. I guess we can all relax now.
68860F29-6203-4878-886B-9AF88F151D9B.png
Est. 68860F29-6203-4878-886B-9AF88F151D9B.png

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I really hope Sally Hughes has continued to read Tattle .

Her hypocrisy is here for all to see and she , driven by her inflated ego, self importance and panic at the CT allegations , has shot her self in the foot trying to set Tattle up as the bad guy.

Reactions: 9
I've deleted all the beauty influencers I was following, I did it last night. I just had a lightbulb moment and realised I don't need them! I grew up during the 70s and 80s when there was no Internet, no social media and no influencers ... and I managed just fine. I managed to choose my own makeup, my own skincare and to buy my own hair care and perfume ... all on my own!! Who needs these people, not me, I know what I like and what I need. Thanks but no thanks. 😊😊😊

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I've deleted all the beauty influencers I was following, I did it last night. I just had a lightbulb moment and realised I don't need them! I grew up during the 70s and 80s when there was no Internet, no social media and no influencers ... and I managed just fine. I managed to choose my own makeup, my own skincare and to buy my own hair care and perfume ... all on my own!! Who needs these people, not me, I know what I like and what I need. Thanks but no thanks. 😊😊😊
I barely follow any influencers on Instagram or Twitter too and it is so much better.

Reactions: 7
So have I and I bet we will save a shed load of money. More for us jealous ugly women and less for the pretty freebie floggers.

Reactions: 5
I’m inclined to agree, but weirdest of all, it’s a self-appointed group of people!

I was digging for some dirt earlier (didn’t find it, sadly!) but I found this kiss-ass of a Follow Friday tweet from Chris Addison. What struck me (with the exception of Scouserachel who I don’t recognise, and Hemmo who came up this afternoon) was that it’s the SAME OLD NAMES 🤣 Twitter royalty then and now. It must take a shitload of work to keep your status up after all these years.

Funny how Addison and Dent turned their back on that “fame”, if you can call it that.
I used to like Chris Addison especially in The Thick of It but as with most celebs once they start to get a platform on twitter they become insufferable. I never ever ever got the love for faux feminist Caitlin Moran she irritated me from the start and I’m glad a lot of people seem to think the same now! Emma Kennedy is another one who’s on twitter far too bleeping much do these people not have real jobs to do anymore???

Reactions: 10
I really hope Sally Hughes has continued to read Tattle .

Her hypocrisy is here for all to see and she , driven by her inflated ego, self importance and panic at the CT allegations , has shot her self in the foot trying to set Tattle up as the bad guy.
Pretty sure it's safe to say she will be reading from now on.😂

Reactions: 1
Someone was asking about the "Sali crying" video - that was a live video in her Instagram stories so it would have disappeared after 24hrs. I've never done one, not sure if you can delete them sooner. Sorry to say, but I found that live clip very actressy - glasses appropriately askew on head, mascara smudged. She even mentioned wanting to capture herself at her most disheveled (words to that effect), it seemed put on and in light of her accusations about tattle not being the crime scene she made it out to be, even more so.

Seeing mentions of GTL FB, SHB, not to mention fee bee! Hemmo! Michael Hogan! (didn't he used to hang around the SHB forums as the "honorary bloke?) makes me realise just how long I've followed Sali. I'm not a makeup or skincare person per se, I just enjoyed Sali herself. The heyday for me was her early videos, just her sat in a room with products on the table talking for 10 or so minutes. I did find her engaging and very watchable/readable all these years. I was always aware of the cliques (Hughes!) and the brusque to rude comments on all platforms, but like a lot of troubling relationships it's taken me a long time to really *see* it. My heart goes out to anyone that has been badly affected by an exchange with Sali. She reminds me a bit of my mother, when nice she can be very warm and kind. Loyal, too, But there's an almost inherent darker side: quick to round on someone, is defensive, quick to mock or bully, doesn't forgive easily or at all. Hard to know where these things stem from but it's not good to take it through a career or business or dealing with the public. Sali has definitely become harder and the accusatory videos really revealed a deep insecurity. They both shocked me and raised an eyebrow.

It's also been a revelation regarding what has slowly become dishonest business practices, things I likely would not have known about had I not come here. Not addressing the CT issues is especially troubling and telling.

Two things that have stayed with me about Sali: years ago on twitter she tweeted that she had an exchange with a woman and they said to her, "I speak as I find". It *really* rankled Sali, she was incredulous. I can't remember the context, does anyone else recall? It came to mind again and I think things like that hit too close to home about her own character, consciously or not.

Also, a red flag went up for me with her dog. Someone commented to her about the less than kind names she sometimes calls Sylvie, "dummy" and "pillock" for example. Sali defended it saying they're endearments, don't be silly, we love her etc. It doesn't sit well with me though and speaks volumes about her ease of bullying. A recent Instagram post shows Sylvie in the bath and Sali has written, "Hates me. Don't roll in fox poo, then." Very clipped. Aggressive. Makes me very wary of her. And we see that same behaviour with people. Animals know, btw, Sali, and so do people.

I know for a fact there will be *many* fans that see things for what they are (and will certainly be coming here) but still want the Sali experience and maybe even interaction. However the genie is out of the bottle now. She will be counting on a lot of loyalty and goodwill going forward from this.

I've been lurking for several days now and wondering what and/or if to post! You're all so brilliant and funny. I'm glad I found these threads. #thanksSali *earnestface*

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Sali has spoken about a friend that ghosted her. I'm positive it's Hemmo. They used to be really good friends, went on holiday together but now don't even follow each other.

Reactions: 3
Do you know what I think it's more heartbreaking? The staggering amount of ex GTLers and SHB forumates who came to post here telling their stories of being bullied and mistreated by a person they looked up to. Like I said it before, I knew I wasn't the only one, I knew that there were more, I just didn't think it was that many. And this is only from Friday night onwards when I signed up. It's sad that a bunch of middle aged women feel the need to trample on other women to feel superior, good about themselves and reassured in a strange sort of way. It's like they never grew up and are still in the playground looking for acceptance from their mates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Do you know what I think it's more heartbreaking? The staggering amount of ex GTLers and SHB forumates who came to post here telling their stories of being bullied and mistreated by a person they looked up to. Like I said it before I knew I wasn't the only one, I knew that there were more, I just didn't think it was that many. And this is only from Friday night onwards when I signed up. It's sad that a bunch of middle aged women feel the need to trample on other women to feel superior, good about themselves and reassured in a strange sort of way. It's like they never grew up and are still in the playground looking for acceptance from their mates.
That's it exactly, bullies never do grow up. They go through life shitting on everyone else and are rewarded richly for doing so. I hope that the corens and the o'porters are following all this and finding solace too.

Reactions: 7
Do you know what I think it's more heartbreaking? The staggering amount of ex GTLers and SHB forumates who came to post here telling their stories of being bullied and mistreated by a person they looked up to. Like I said it before I knew I wasn't the only one, I knew that there were more, I just didn't think it was that many. And this is only from Friday night onwards when I signed up. It's sad that a bunch of middle aged women feel the need to trample on other women to feel superior, good about themselves and reassured in a strange sort of way. It's like they never grew up and are still in the playground looking for acceptance from their mates.

Spot on @BettyDoodah. Until I came on here I never would have believed that there are so many ex GTLers/SHBers that feel the same way. Speaks volumes really doesn't it.

Reactions: 6
This is a quote from earlier in the thread from new member 'mardimi' who says; tattle seems like the only thing holding these people on Instagram and twitter accountable, a regulator in some way.

Tattle has become one of the few voices criticising deception and dishonesty in social media.

I'm not familiar with many of the influencers on this site but I've followed the Mrs Meldrum, Part Time Mummy, Sacconejolys threads recently and all three have gone into panic mode like Sali and made videos/instagram posts about 'trolls' and claimed their lives were being made a misery.

Mrs Meldrum deleted hers but she also threatened people with the police. The Sacconejolys vlog about trolls made it into the Mail online where it was printed without any checking of facts whatsoever.

These influencers have become a law unto themselves.

You have to follow the money. In every single case of panic meltdown they perceived some real or imagined threat to their income.

They know they have got away with poor levels of scrutiny and lack of transparency, now when people are waking up they don't like it, simple.

We must be doing something right to have this effect.

We need proper regulation now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.