Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely don't think I have ever been to an Indian/Bangladesh restaurant that was not owned/run by Indians or Bangladeshis. I can't pretend through any great moral stance on my part, just never came across one or would instinctively be drawn to one. The lack of authenticity would seem a bit wierd, when there are so many good Asian chefs out there.

Reactions: 22
I genuinely don't think I have ever been to an Indian/Bangladesh restaurant that was not owned/run by Indians or Bangladeshis. I can't pretend through any great moral stance on my part, just never came across one or would instinctively be drawn to one. The lack of authenticity would seem a bit wierd, when there are so many good Asian chefs out there.
It's not just Asian, I can't imagine going to say, an Italian restaurant that wasn't run by Italians. Can't imagine Indian, Japanese, Italian, etc restaurants run by non natives would be very good

Reactions: 4
And who are these people who keep DMing her over various random things?
I'm guessing no one was particularly negative before - much to her annoyance.
Why, btw, do IG-ers allow DMs? I've heard a couple of influencers say that they've received abusive or unpleasant DMs. Why can't anything a follower (or anyone) wants to say be said in the comments?

Reactions: 11
Daxita was the one responsible for the spiders that Caroline Hirons had for a while. Am not dissing extensions as I have them on and off but they can look ridiculous.
I’d guess it’s the ridiculous extensions that one tends to notice on others. I’m sure there are less obvious, prettier versions that give an effect like individual fake lashes do, which I think looks great.
Love how Groucho Marx comes up every time I type fake 🥸.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had lash extensions for a few months and while (I thought) they looked great, never again. Not being able to get them wet for 48 hours, the expense, having to get them topped up so regularly which was a long and boring process. Also while they looked great at first when they got to the shedding stage it was a pain. I'd be sitting in work and a lash would fall off and be on my cheek without me releasing until someone pointed it out.

I also worried about the long term effects

Why, btw, do IG-ers allow DMs? I've heard a couple of influencers say that they've received abusive or unpleasant DMs. Why can't anything a follower (or anyone) wants to say be said in the comments?
I find it hard to believe that so many would be on a public page and then take it to DM. Surely much easier to just reply on the actual post?

Reactions: 9
It's not just Asian, I can't imagine going to say, an Italian restaurant that wasn't run by Italians. Can't imagine Indian, Japanese, Italian, etc restaurants run by non natives would be very good
Generally, agreed! HOWEVER I used to go to a somewhat, shall we say polished (?) Italian restaurant and the waiters would be giving it the full authentic accent before you'd hear them retreat behind the kitchen door "Oi, wotch it you MUPPET! Gertcha!" etc, which always made me laugh

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just to say Chilli Pickle is slop. Total “white people” Indian food, owned by white people and run by white people. Their chicken curry is a can of Heinz tomato soup with a bit of spice. Yuck!
Just seen Sam Chapman raving about it her insta stories...wonder why they all love it

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I looked up the Chilli Pickle and apparently it’s “the place” to be in Brighton. I had honestly assumed it was their local takeaway but apparently it’s quite the Nobu of the south coast. Clearly it’s the cachet She Here loves.
I’ve been to a few Japanese restaurants where the chefs were South Asian, to be honest I’m happy with South Asian chefs cooking anything, but especially South Asian food as it’s my favourite!

Reactions: 8
I skimmed the comments on the first dog in bed photos. Not one negative. Not one. All predictably gushing. One person jokingly mentioned bedbugs, and another said her own dog moulted too much to do it. So unless it is her DMs that contain all the lectures I have no idea what she is talking about 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Long time reader - came here post insta ‘troll gate’ to check it out for myself. Honestly thought I was the only one who thought she was snippy and unpleasant, even in the early days of the GTL group.

Have taken several of Sali’s recommendations - including nez Hasan.
My experience with nez was so similar to that blog post that was linked … fingers stinking of fags, NO numbing cream for the first half of the process (she had the cheek to tell me off for moving at one point - I was silently screaming with pain!!), no consultation process at all … genuinely felt like if if didn’t simper and idolise her throughout I was a lesser client in her eyes.

The other thing she did was shove a camera in my face at regular intervals throughout (or had one of her trainees do it) - including when she gave me the mirror to check out the final results. I hated it - not only did she not ask me for permission to film or share what she filmed on her socials, I felt like a performing monkey - like I disappointed her when I didn’t react in an enthusiastic enough way (my brows were a strong change - I wasn’t expecting them).

nez is skilled at what she does and a savvy businesswoman, but she comes across as a bit of a mean girl. Not professional at all.

Definitely think there’s a financial relationship between sali and nez. Nez probably sucks up to her big time.

oh - and I’d had my brows done by suman before (another sali recc which was crap) - they’d been developing a reddish tinge. Nez said that was a regular occurrence with suman. She’s probably mentioned that to sali, which is one of the reasons sali stopped bigging up suman … matter of time before she finds someone else who is ‘the only person who can ever touch my brows’

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Def NOT the Nobu of the SE! It was cool around 10 years ago when it opened. No buzz now at all.

• Haha
Gosh I’d much rather read a review like that blog or your post @nienoe, which are honest reviews of a service. I’m actually shocked about the broken cash machine story and repeated requests for payments in cash and I’m also aghast that it costs £600 to have your eyebrows done. I used to love reading blogs back in the day as they were often very good balanced reviews of stuff. Instagram has ruined so much, I just don’t trust a word that influencers say any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Gosh I’d much rather read a review like that blog or your post @nienoe, which are honest reviews of a service. I’m actually shocked about the broken cash machine story and repeated requests for payments in cash and I’m also aghast that it costs £600 to have your eyebrows done - not that She Here would be aware as she doesn’t pay. I used to love reading blogs back in the day as they were often very good balanced reviews of stuff. Instagram has ruined so much, I just don’t trust a word that influencers say any more.
Yes agree with all of this. I had a quick Google of Nez Hasan and a poster on MN had a similar experience. Apparently NH called the police to say the poster was stalking her when she emailed to complain.
She seems to have gained such a good reputation by giving her services free to celebs/IGers who in turn sing her praises 🤔
How is that right or impartial? At £500 a pop?
No way would I ever give my money to someone to gives freebies to people who can easily afford it. The costs must be passed onto the little people. Sali I'm afraid is not special with Nez refusing to accept payment - seems anybody influential who will give her public positive feedback is similarly honoured.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
putting an aggressive or unpleasant interpretation on a different POV.
That's her entire MO. She's so defensive and her ego so fragile, even a differing opinion is seen as an attack. Those people are doubtlessly all blocked. She wants to live in an echo chamber full of simpering sycophants. She believes that's her right, to say whatever she wants entirely unchallenged. Her sense of entitlement is staggering

Yes agree with all of this. I had a quick Google of Nez Hasan and a poster on MN had a similar experience. Apparently NH called the police to say the poster was stalking her when she emailed to complain.
She seems to have gained such a good reputation by giving her services free to celebs/IGers who in turn sing her praises 🤔
How is that right or impartial? At £500 a pop?
No way would I ever give my money to someone to gives freebies to people who can easily afford it. The costs must be passed onto the little people. Sali I'm afraid is not special with Nez refusing to accept payment - seems anybody influential who will give her public positive feedback is similarly honoured.
All these Dark Triad personality types seem to find each other, don't they?

How much business do you think that ringing endorsement will send Naz Hasan's way?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
So interesting that Sali who purports to be all about 'democracy' in beauty slobbers over someone who has no time for any non blue ticker. I mean, I'm not dumb enough to expect that I'd get the same treatment in a salon as say, Kate Midleton or a blue ticker with a huge platform, but come on, there's surely a decent level of quality service that should be afforded to all customers. We're not expecting the red carpet to be rolled out but treat your customers like human beings and don't insult them with awful service. And this is the same woman she's telling cancer patients they should go to?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.