Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She behaves like a 20 year old
Rude!!! šŸ˜‰ Please we are not all like Sali! Self absorbency doesnā€™t have an age unfortunately, would be nice if it was guaranteed people grew out of it but sometimes it does get worse with age too (can think of SH and Hirons definitely) šŸ˜…
My friends and I are partial to a drunk in the loos group pic, but I think any of us would be like wtf are you doing if one of us was taking serious selfies in the loo while the rest of us were at the table. Doubly so if we were out with a S/O.
Iā€™m not actually 20 but 25 so close enough, even if the difference between those ages feels like a gulf.

Reactions: 19
I dressed exactly like this for uni lectures in 2006 and it was all from new look. She's labelled it like a GCSE diagram cos you'd never know these were expensive clothes otherwise

How can she post this?? šŸ˜‚ I thought the jumper had a fleck at first, but it seems to be her mucky mirrorā€¦

View attachment 798517

Brands, brands, brandsā€¦ so dull.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The constant status signalling - the barely peeped Prada bag, a glimpse of the Rolex watch - in every photo (lest you thought she wore exclusively mid-range) is desperately sad

And that line she plagiarised from a btl commenter about a passion for surface not precluding depth or whatever it was? I see no evidence of this. When she's not showing off her material possessions, she's talking about what crisps she eats (always with the crisps šŸ˜©) or what she had for dinner šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø She never posts anything on IG to suggest intellectual curiosity. Sorry, I just don't see it

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Just to say Chilli Pickle is slop. Total ā€œwhite peopleā€ Indian food, owned by white people and run by white people. Their chicken curry is a can of Heinz tomato soup with a bit of spice. Yuck!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
There's a lot of hubris involved in opening an "Indian" restaurant because you spent a gap year there

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just to say Chilli Pickle is slop. Total ā€œwhite peopleā€ Indian food, owned by white people and run by white people. Their chicken curry is a can of Heinz tomato soup with a bit of spice. Yuck!
Did you actually eat there? Spill! šŸ˜ƒ

A lot of hubris. Additionally, surely it's cultural appropriation.
Iā€™ve seen some people say CA doesnā€™t apply to food BUT i canā€™t see how it could be anything other in this case

Reactions: 8
Yes ive eaten there several times years ago (due to groups of friends booking) and its shite. Total tourist trap.
It just makes me laugh that she is so obsessed with it as there are much better places in Brighton if you want a more modern or high end Indian restaurant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The Guardian demonstrating how someone as painfully mediocre, outdated and anti-woman as Sali remains employed. Beef faces and beefy middles not acceptable for fashionable womanhood. duck off.

57AAE07C-7069-4EB1-9152-DC871DE2642C.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
There's a lot of hubris involved in opening an "Indian" restaurant because you spent a gap year there
Be fair. They did their training in a restaurant in Dubai :rolleyes:
I wonder if Sali actually managed to blackball their wine supplier after the man on lead debacle?
She never posts anything on IG to suggest intellectual curiosity. Sorry, I just don't see it
I always think a sign of intelligence and, as you say intellectual curiosity, is the ability to listen to many other points of view without getting defensive. Also admitting you don't know everything and can get things wrong. Sali seems awfully closed off in her views. It all seems terribly black and white. Have you ever seen her respond to anyone about anything 'ah thank you I did not know that - how interesting. I shall look it up'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
If I were Sali, every time I called myself a journalist, I'd have imposter syndrome for days. Yet she shows no sign of it, despite having zero journalism credentials. For her, just uttering it makes it thus

Wish I had some of her brass balls

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
The Guardian demonstrating how someone as painfully mediocre, outdated and anti-woman as Sali remains employed. Beef faces and beefy middles not acceptable for fashionable womanhood. duck off.

View attachment 800870
This woman is obsessed with this nonsense. She also wrote this recently which I'm sorry but no. I don't know anyone who wants or needs to go back to this way of dressing. Please make it stop. https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...e-return-of-sexy-dressing-jess-cartner-morley

• Sad
Reactions: 11
If I were Sali, every time I called myself a journalist, I'd have imposter syndrome for days. Yet she shows no sign of it, despite having zero journalism credentials. For her, just uttering it makes it thus

Wish I had some of her brass balls
itā€™s the bliss of the self deluded. It never even occurs to her that she may not be the best thing since sliced bread.
All influencers are affected by this disease to some degree.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry apologies for my language. I'm sick of these people getting free stuff and then getting paid a fortune to advertise it. Sali especially irks me as she is so dull, humourless, devoid of any personality. Her rudeness and arrogance the way she talks to people is awful.
You got me thinking about apologising. It's so often the right thing - and the smart thing - to do. I can't think of an instance where someone has apologised and it hasn't made me view them more positively. And I don't think there's ever been a situation where I've apologised and haven't felt better for doing so.

What if, when Estee Laundry was posting about SH 'stalking' people on social media, she'd posted a brief apology (even with a bit of self-justifying) instead of going on the attack? I think she'd have stopped these threads in their tracks. Or at least I, for one, wouldn't be here.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You got me thinking about apologising. It's so often the right thing - and the smart thing - to do. I can't think of an instance where someone has apologised and it hasn't made me view them more positively. And I don't think there's ever been a situation where I've apologised and haven't felt better for doing so.

What if, when Estee Laundry was posting about SH 'stalking' people on social media, she'd posted a brief apology (even with a bit of self-justifying) instead of going on the attack? I think she'd have stopped these threads in their tracks. Or at least I, for one, wouldn't be here.
I missed this stalking bit, what was this?

I've eaten at the Chili Pickle too (I used to live in Brighton, actually in Kemp Town not far from Sali) and honestly the Indian takeaway round the corner was better and MUCH cheaper. David Walliams was on the next table :rolleyes:.
And for all the lipstick literature liberalism bullshit, when has she ever mentioned a book apart from chinning Caitlin's (which is slightly less taxing than reading Closer) and her mate from Empire Terri White? Can't see much liberalism either (but admittedly a fuckload of lipstick).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That JCM fashion article rivals Saliā€™s tripe in its insular arseholery about the impact of the pandemic:

62A897E9-FE21-4B53-8146-96F527F2EB10.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.