Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus. I didn't realise that was actually a thing

And worst of all, that she would actually do it

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Does anyone remember in Pretty Honest there was a tip about putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth to look good in photographs? I don't remember the science behind it. Maybe the thigh gap pose will be in the updated version of Pretty Honest that she mentioned ages ago

• Haha
Reactions: 4
God, don't these people have better things things to worry about? Who cares?

This next-level vanity blows my mind

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The JCM column each week has a photo of her wearing whatever trend she’s writing about that week. She wrote she wouldn’t be dressing up for it any more.
She's the queen of the pigeon-toed stance (and -
looking at the comments in her column - probably a bit more thick-skinned than Sali.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wouldn't have thought pigeons would be the thing to emulate in a fashion sense in any way, shape or form

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She's the queen of the pigeon-toed stance (and -
looking at the comments in her column - probably a bit more thick-skinned than Sali.
Pretty much everyone is more thick-skinned. I wonder how many influencers have a team of lackeys pouring over the internet for them and reporting back?

It's completely at odds with the sassy no-fucks-given cool girl she tries to portray

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As much as I think Hirons is a tool I have a grudging respect that she never mentions this place about herself

Reactions: 18
The guardian weekend magazine is ending in its current format this weekend . As is the Guide. That’s why all the columnists are leaving. I think they announced it last year but we didn’t know when it would happen. So no word yet if she’ll continue in some way. We’ll know at 8am I guess!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So many Guardian columns are ending this weekend; Hadley Freeman, Jess Carter-Morley, Romesh Ranganathan, Coco Khan and Hannah Jane Parkinson are all going, as is The Measure. Is it too much to hope that Sali will be going as well?

Fingers crossed eh.
It would be a real kick in the teeth for a lot of readers if Sali’s column stays while we’re losing Hannah Jane Parkinson. She’s one of these rare writers who manages to write about mental health in an original, informative, honest, and non-patronising way.

Edited fo add, I know it’s completely different subjects, but sometimes you just want to read something well written. Sali‘s column used to be a good read, years ago, but now I wonder if a big part of that was also down to the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
It would be a real kick in the teeth for a lot of readers if Sali’s column stays while we’re losing Hannah Jane Parkinson. She’s one of these rare writers who manages to write about mental health in an original, informative, honest, and non-patronising way.

Edited fo add, I know it’s completely different subjects, but sometimes you just want to read something well written. Sali‘s column used to be a good read, years ago, but now I wonder if a big part of that was also down to the comments.
Hannah has a book on the way, which is a consolation. She is definitely a writer with potential.

Reactions: 7
Hannah has a book on the way, which is a consolation. She is definitely a writer with potential.
Yes! Onto bigger and better things! Speaking of, I wonder when Sali’s next book will be released now. It’s going to be a scream.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
God, don't these people have better things things to worry about? Who cares?

This next-level vanity blows my mind
It's the way she does it so badly. Crouching with her wee ickle toes turning in coyly and girlishly 😂
Pretty much everyone is more thick-skinned. I wonder how many influencers have a team of lackeys pouring over the internet for them and reporting back?
Blimey that was wierd wasn't it? Lauren and Caitlin Moran and heaven knows who else scouring social media tracking down Tattlers for having an opinion 😂 Posting cryptic tweets about lawyers and police and thick files of printouts.

Btw do we know where She Here is? Not sure I'll get to sleep otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.