Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely those columnists aren't staffers?
Jess has been doing that column over ten, 15 years I wouldn’t be surprised if she was employed, Sali too as they started so long ago when it was an ethical employer. The Graun was practically a public sector employer. Even moving up to Kings Cross hasn’t shaken their desire to be like one of the many Charity organizations they used to be surrounded and infatuated by.

Reactions: 5
JCM is associate fashion editor whereas SH is a mere columnist. Doubt a columnist would be entitled to redundancy 🙃

Reactions: 5
"Bargain tinted serums with a luxury feel"
And then there's ONE recommendation ffs.

18 months in trainers and elasticated waists, sure Jan.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Jeez, that Guardian byline picture of her with those watery, pink eyes.
A giant photo of Sali with another, tiny one, of her that was taken years ago but no room for a picture of the product or range??

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I'm confused by this week's advertorial:

I know what you’re thinking, because I thought it too: a “tinted serum” won’t touch the sides on anyone old enough to be twice-jabbed and in possession of a single speck of sun damage.

According to the BBC 'more than 44 million - 81% of over-16s - have had both doses.' covid vaccine is such a clumsy way to try and indicate age.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
A giant photo of Sali with another, tiny one, of her that was taken years ago but no room for a picture of the product or range??
There is in the paper.

'The very pale may struggle to find a match altogether, but few others will'

Wasn't she the palest person alive only a while ago?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The best tinted serum"s" plural? What?!

Will the Guardian get a better rate on the affiliate link if it's just one link?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
'I know what you’re thinking, because I thought it too: a “tinted serum” won’t touch the sides on anyone old enough to be twice-jabbed and in possession of a single speck of sun damage.'

WTF ist this patronizing crap anyway. Must we hide our skins under thick make-up to look "less tit"?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Same product is reviewed in The Times today too. Also, would you believe, a rave review. L'Oréal obviously on a charm offensive.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Same product is reviewed in The Times today too. Also, would you believe, a rave review. L'Oréal obviously on a charm offensive.
At least The Times article writes about 4 other serum foundations as well. And has readers' comments to make the whole thing more interesting.

Reactions: 19
'I know what you’re thinking, because I thought it too: a “tinted serum” won’t touch the sides on anyone old enough to be twice-jabbed and in possession of a single speck of sun damage.'

WTF ist this patronizing crap anyway. Must we hide our skins under thick make-up to look "less tit"?
No Sali, if you knew what we were thinking it would be "Sali is a tool"

• Haha
Reactions: 13
At least The Times article writes about 4 other serum foundations as well. And has readers' comments to make the whole thing more interesting.
True. Both headlines promise a buffet selection to choose from but only The Times' beauty ed offers a selection alongside the #AD while The Guardian's just offers the equivalent of comped chipolatas.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.