Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dunhill

She is hardly disfigured. It just looks like normal post-meno weight gain. Of course, when your conventional beauty has been your value all your life, ageing must present additional challenges. It's interesting to see how the various supermodels are dealing with it. Some are in a total cage-fight with physics while others are just letting it happen and are very open and honest about it
I'm sorry, that is not normal post-meno weight gain. And yes, she's hardly disfigured, but she undertook a procedure which a) didn't work in the way it was supposed to and b) has caused irreversible side-effects.

The crux of the matter the practitioner who carried out the work did not tell her about the possible side-effects, and she had the procedure without knowing there was a chance it could go wrong/what the consequences could be, no matter how minuscule the probability was. Irregardless of this is she signed a pre-op consent form, Evangelista did not give properly informed consent as the company failed to fully inform her about what could go wrong/how her body could be adversely affected. In short, they failed in their duty of care to her and acted with negligently.

As an aside, I don't think there is anything wrong with vanity or for people, women in particular to care about their looks. During perimenopause, before I went on HRT, I gained over 15 kilos in less than a year. I felt and looked horrendous. No amount of diet or exercise would shift it. Many of my girlfriends told me I was being silly and I needed to embrace my 'new look'. They made me feel bad that I was being so superficial (in their eyes) and cared so much about not being able to fit into my clothes or looking like myself. A huge part of my identity is tied up with my how I look and the clothes I wear. It is not for anyone to tell me I shouldn't feel this way. While I am no supermodel, I understand completely how Evangelista feels. Thankfully HRT and weight lifting sorted out my weight gain although it took a long time, but now, I am back in all my own clothes and look like myself again. There is no such fix for Evangelista.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

melfish

VIP Member
Had to read for a solid five minutes to get past the fawning comments from bluetickers on LE's post about being "brutally disfigured" and "permanently deformed" and I've got to say, the people saying it plays into fatphobic rhetoric have got a point

A double chin is not a disfigurement nor is it a deformity. The messaging here is horrible. But this is the woman who said she'd not get out of bed for less than $10K a day, so she's got form for tone deafness. I'm not doubting it's impacted her psychologically or that the pressure on women to look a certain way is intense, but jesus ...

Last edited:
  • Wow

Aude

VIP Member
I would love to know how Sali makes peace with the ethically murky path her career has taken, the moral compromise it requires to sell women shit they don't need. It isn't exactly a feminist thing to do, is it? Why do people who have enough always want more?
I think Beauty Banks is part of the answer as to how she makes peace with it.

• Heart

HowardMoon

VIP Member
Sali’s face throughout that clip shows not a jot of empathy. She trying but it’s not working.
ETA I have just watched it a second time and I can almost hear her debating whilst pretending to listen to Kate whether she should smash a baked potato or chin a Chilli Pickle for her evening meal 😒

• Haha
  • Sad

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I don’t think Sali is the best person to comment on the LE thing to be honest. But then I don’t think she’s a good enough writer to comment on anything with any kind of insight.

I think Sali is also extremely preoccupied with her looks / image and a lot of her increasing snappiness is to do with her discomfort with ageing. She would probably snarl at anyone who implies this but she comes across as a woman extremely uncomfortable in her own skin in my opinion. Otherwise why all the posturing?

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Well she's the most teeny weeny XS person to ever walk the face of the earth so maybe she does just eat a single crisp

• Haha
Reactions: 21

melfish

VIP Member
I don't understand this need she's developed to fake-document the most quotidien elements of her life ... to what end? Can a person be that needy? Or has she lost touch with reality to the extent she thinks anything she shares is fascinating? Is there no internal voice telling her, these beans are not interesting. No one cares about your stupid beans. As for the fake-sleeping, just wow

When someone asks Dan what his wife does, do you think he says, "She's an influencer"? Or does he lie?

Oh good grief, now it's on the grid as well

Or maybe I hadn't refreshed the page 🤪
Is she buying followers? Why has her count jumped to 192K?

ahaha, it's so obvious she's holding her head in that position, otherwise her face would be smooshed into the pillow. What a twat

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
I think all the ‘kindly gifted’ shit will have to end soon, or become more subtle. I know that if I see a lot of influencers being gifted stuff from the same place, there’s no way I’d go there/buy their products. Why should I fund a load of grifters?
I feel exactly the same way. It has the opposite effect on me. If I see lots of so called influencers trying to flog the same product I refuse to buy it. They will become anti-influencers soon.

Icicles

Just watched the cream blush video. The excess is astonishing and competely normalised. But hey ho. That is her 'bag' I guess 🙄 You have to laugh at her nod to a sustainability brand when brandishing multiples of (to my eye) near identical products from other brands. Sali justifies excessive almost obscene consumption as obsession. You could actually be obsessed by doing detailed research and then plumping for one or two products, which you use until you need another one.
(I am fascinated by her constant need to pop into shops to buy products she forgot when on the move. She has 1000s of products sent to her, and numerous pouches within all her bags. Yet apparently will sometimes forget a blusher or mascara necessitating a Superdrug dash).
This is all so true. Who would have the absolute GALL to produce a video on a ‘recycling bin’ when weekly ,monthly , yearly ,shilling more and more ‘product’. You are part of the problem , sit down when the topic of the environment comes up.
Ugh I find this focus on ‘ product ’ sickening and so last century.

I stopped wearing make up once the pandemic hit, and don't miss it. For work now, I'll curl my eyelashes and put on some lip balm, and that's it. If I'm going out, I might wear a bit more as I'm still a bit captured, but this whole 'ritual' aspect I no longer need, I'd rather focus on looking after my skin (which funnily enough doesn't need tens of products or twenty step routines).

Sali and her ilk are now working with a model which is fast becoming outdated. People have saved money, and want to keep hold of it. I watched Bobbi Brown on QVC and saw what they were charging for eyeshadow and recoiled. I used to love Matilda on Video as I liked to hear about niche Aussie products - she made a video on Charlotte Tilbury's matte lipsticks, with a flat lay and demonstration of 25 lipsticks. £625 worth of product, for one person who already has a huge collection by their own admission, and these will all expire. In the light of day post-COVID, it looks grotesque.
I completely agree with this. I too think the sell sell sell model is becoming outdated. I could buy stuff but I don’t want to ! I’m past being told this or that will improve my life. Maybe you have to be young to believe that .
I seem to go through eyeliners fast . I saw Angie from hot and flashy spray some setting spray into a lid and dip her brush in the liquid, then into eyeshadow. It’s great - stays all day and you can use any eyeshadow. I use a dark purple eyeshadow . It’s also a s9ft effect

I should add , if you don’t like the idea of the setting spray, use sterile eye drops

Last edited:
  • Heart

melfish

VIP Member
Wish I were just automatically an XS/8/28 in everything. How easy would online shopping be?
Unfortunately I live in the actual world, where I can be three different sizes in the same brand 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Post with thigh gap and XS clothing followed by post about her love of chocolate. Straight from the Cool Girl manual.
Isn't it irritating? Surely she can see it is deeply irritating and unlikeable?
I can sort of understand younger influencers doing this nonsense but you get to an age where you are more at peace with yourself and less needy and insecure. (Hopefully. If this isn't ageist).

melfish

VIP Member
If I were Sali, every time I called myself a journalist, I'd have imposter syndrome for days. Yet she shows no sign of it, despite having zero journalism credentials. For her, just uttering it makes it thus

Wish I had some of her brass balls

Last edited:
  • Haha

melfish

VIP Member
That vintage lipstick she's drooling over looks like a dog's dick

Link so clicks go via Tattle. I can’t bear giving the woman a click otherwise.

View attachment 768774
Consider my review an AD, more like it.
That's three weeks, isn't it, where the column has been just one product? Sali clearly gives no shits about her "journalism" reputation, to be filing blatant advertorials like this. But then she's a fulltime influencer now, chasing the big bucks to keep herself in overpriced shoes and the mirrored hallways of Greek hotel rooms 🤑

Last edited:
  • Haha

AsterSalonen

I find it strange that a woman who's charity provides women and girls with basic hygiene, does not find her own hoarding of products, and encouragement of consumerism extremely distasteful?

I suppose her schilling leads the cosmetic companies to donate to her charity. But for me it does not excuse her personal hoards.

• Heart

Missypissy

Not that I'm a nosey fucker who doesn't believe that She Here could even lie straight in bed but...A quick Ebay search of those jeans in "recently sold items" shows that the postage from America cost as much as the keks. Still an absolute bargain if you covet jeans that cost the price of a weekend away and make you look like your cat died* and you shat yourself. Congratulations on another purchase Sali. You must be so proud..
*this is a northern term for having ankles exposed. My husband does not understand it.

• Haha