Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Fascinating how people who supposedly ask for XYZ always send a DM rather than comment publicly on a public platform!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
1631820739794.png

Mm that thigh gap looks suspiciously photoshopped 🤔
Her twee girly stance makes me heave. She is nearly 50 ffs. Soz Sali, Alexa is not going to want to be best buds.
And it IS NOT COLD.

• Haha
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Just watched the cream blush video. The excess is astonishing and competely normalised. But hey ho. That is her 'bag' I guess 🙄 You have to laugh at her nod to a sustainability brand when brandishing multiples of (to my eye) near identical products from other brands. Sali justifies excessive almost obscene consumption as obsession. You could actually be obsessed by doing detailed research and then plumping for one or two products, which you use until you need another one.
(I am fascinated by her constant need to pop into shops to buy products she forgot when on the move. She has 1000s of products sent to her, and numerous pouches within all her bags. Yet apparently will sometimes forget a blusher or mascara necessitating a Superdrug dash).

• Sick

melfish

VIP Member
The constant status signalling - the barely peeped Prada bag, a glimpse of the Rolex watch - in every photo (lest you thought she wore exclusively mid-range) is desperately sad

And that line she plagiarised from a btl commenter about a passion for surface not precluding depth or whatever it was? I see no evidence of this. When she's not showing off her material possessions, she's talking about what crisps she eats (always with the crisps 😩) or what she had for dinner 🤷‍♀️ She never posts anything on IG to suggest intellectual curiosity. Sorry, I just don't see it

Last edited:

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I know this is going to hit hard for some of us, but I’m not 100% sure there is a book. I have a feeling there may just be a few key phrases scrawled in a Moleskin somewhere. You know the drill… “heritage lip product, architectural footwear, sheer blush, walker’s crisps, how to fry an egg, boob reductions great, things I don’t understand not great….”

• Haha
  • Heart

rosemarina

VIP Member
I’m sure @SqualorVictoria will remember much better than I can, but I have a strong feeling that our Sal has previously adopted a hardline cupcake-exclusionary stance. I have a feeling that cupcakes were too girly. Very much not a loaded-pistol-in-knickers style of cake.

• Haha
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
There's a lot of hubris involved in opening an "Indian" restaurant because you spent a gap year there
Be fair. They did their training in a restaurant in Dubai :rolleyes:
I wonder if Sali actually managed to blackball their wine supplier after the man on lead debacle?
She never posts anything on IG to suggest intellectual curiosity. Sorry, I just don't see it
I always think a sign of intelligence and, as you say intellectual curiosity, is the ability to listen to many other points of view without getting defensive. Also admitting you don't know everything and can get things wrong. Sali seems awfully closed off in her views. It all seems terribly black and white. Have you ever seen her respond to anyone about anything 'ah thank you I did not know that - how interesting. I shall look it up'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

melfish

VIP Member
She is hardly disfigured. It just looks like normal post-meno weight gain. Of course, when your conventional beauty has been your value all your life, ageing must present additional challenges. It's interesting to see how the various supermodels are dealing with it. Some are in a total cage-fight with physics while others are just letting it happen and are very open and honest about it

I think all the ‘kindly gifted’ shit will have to end soon, or become more subtle. I know that if I see a lot of influencers being gifted stuff from the same place, there’s no way I’d go there/buy their products. Why should I fund a load of grifters?

• Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
So a woman who advertises L’Oreal interviews another woman who advertises L’Oreal.

I imagine that L’Oreal themselves may well have chosen interviewer.

• Haha

Aude

VIP Member
The less than positive reviews of SH's microblader reminds me of something I think I've mentioned before. I've been having Botox and the occasional other cosmetic procedure for a little over 20 years. In that time I've been to seven different practices. The only practice where I felt I was being treated - both by the doctor and their staff - as anything other than a valued client was the practice that SH has said she goes to. It wouldn't normally occur to me, but I did wonder whether the courtesy and attention I'd expect to receive was reserved there for more important clients.

And the results were poor. I had to go back twice to get the Botox right and the course of mesotherapy the doctor recommended did nothing other than leave me extremely bruised after each of the first two sessions. I didn't take up the option of a third.

• Wow

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I'm so glad I found Tattle and can come here to be among likeminded people. "My own tattoo artist" why does that phrase annoy me so much?

And an individual brow hair is not a "lash" 🙄

• Haha

Mselvista

VIP Member
Somewan has also put Caitlin Moron in the pot. Y’what now?

Perhaps only *poor little Sali is allowed a Dickensian backstory?

*but also heroic feminist against all odds achiever doing if for herself.
I got Moran's last book from a library sale today (for research purposes obvs). Here's the dedication
20210924_145507.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Sad

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Re Linda Evangelista I’m torn, on one hand she’s had an absolute shitter and on the other I feel she didn’t need to announce it, but I guess her fame is due to her face and the aging process must be very hard to accept when you’ve been gushed over all your life for your beauty.
Yes! And I guess a “compassionate feminist“ would point out that it’s not that Linda Evangelista looks “bad”, but she does look different, and that’s a weird situation for anyone to deal with (I’m very clumsy and have had a few falls where I’ve landed on my face, it’s really jarring to look in the mirror the next day).

And with her being a model, although it may seem like a superficial problem, it does affect her working life. She might be publicly blaming whoever done the procedure, but inside she might be blaming herself and questioning how she got caught up in feeling like she needed to have something like that done, and then blaming the industry for creating that need.

Maybe I’m talking nonsense, but Sali “snippy” Hughes is not someone I associate with the word compassionate, especially after seeing that video @Mselvista shared where she cuts Kate Somerville off, mid sentence, during her heartfelt story.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I could understand one free treatment for the purposes of advertising but it's absurd that she gets free treatments on an ongoing basis! It is a bribe, simple as.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
The yuckiest bit about that Hirons-Hughes fest for me was a comment about the blue colour of Sunday Riley Luna oil.
Sali said: Oh haha there’s a story behind that… I’ll tell you off camera (I’m paraphrasing, I can’t bear to watch it again). And they giggled. The implication was that a blue dye was used rather than relying on the blue tansy herb alone. I was still a fan then and didn’t want to believe Sali would be dishonest to and laugh at her followers. Oh how naive I was!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow