Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I genuinely don't think I have ever been to an Indian/Bangladesh restaurant that was not owned/run by Indians or Bangladeshis. I can't pretend through any great moral stance on my part, just never came across one or would instinctively be drawn to one. The lack of authenticity would seem a bit wierd, when there are so many good Asian chefs out there.

Reactions: 22

Aude

VIP Member
I love the way in comments Nadine Baggott pulls rank and says she has met Jane Fonda TWICE 😂
Nadine has been a beauty journalist for decades and is a regular contributor to the Saturday Times Magazine. And yet, aknowledging that she is now primarily a social media influencer, she describes herself on Instagram as 'Digital creator'. This compares with SH's IG description - 'Journalist, host, broadcaster, author' - when I would guess that the proportion of SH's work that is journalism etc is about the same as Nadine's.

Although there are a few irritating things about Nadine, I think it's partly this unpretentiousness that explains why she has only one-third of a thread on Tattle compared with SH's 39.

• Heart

anais750185

Chatty Member
I do wonder whether being Guardian beauty columnist - or its Beauty Editor according to her agent's website - adds so much to what she can charge for advertising beauty products on Instagram that she was prepared to reduce or waive her fee if she could continue. (Not sure I'm pleased to have become so cynical/questioning.)
She’s clinging on to that column for dear life as it’s the only thing left that gives her any journalistic credibility anymore (well, until you read it that is)

• Haha
  • Heart

Eurgh

VIP Member
She hasn’t had a cupcake in years…. Has she been….. DIETING???!!!!

the horror!!!!!
SHE'S NOT LIKE OTHER GIRLS! With their basic bitch SATC fodder. She only eats Victoria sponge because she's a NANNA OK???

ETA. I fucked up - she's 'salt not sweet', 'steak not cake' crisps and cheese not chocolate' or some bollocks isn't she. So refreshingly different.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
How fucking rude and insulting is that. Absolute bitch.
There are other ways to say this, eg "less expensive" or "blah blah does a more budget-friendly version" or even just modifying affordable with "more". But no, she'd rather imply that her followers can only aspire to what she has. "I've got this one (you wish, plebs), but here's a cheap knockoff ... " She is so assured of her own superiority it oozes from her

• Sick
  • Sad
Bet the DPD guy loves having to get out his van to jog the last mile just to create a good strap line for some influencers 😆

• Haha
  • Sad
She is terrible as an IGer. Her content is so dull and self obsessed. So is most IGers I get that, but Sali's seems to be one endless humble brag or just brag. Always to boast about something or sell something.
Even her 'candid' shots have to prominently feature expensive shoes or a bag.
I just get no warmth or humour from her IG at all.
Yes icy cold with a sneer. All these years I’ve followed her I’ve never once seem her laugh or make any quick witted reply. Dreadful interviewer, terrible journalist. Constantly eye fucking herself.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
So all her hair maintenance plus extensions is free? 😲
I shouldn't be surprised but I am. I think it is dreadful and depressing. More fool the idiots for 'gifting' it.
If I was an influencer getting free stuff like that I would be ashamed and would absolutely insist on paying. Not much solidarity supporting the beauty industry is there, after telling us to support beauty salons and hairdressers? (Or indeed to support local).
What happened to the Brighton hairdresser who was going to do hair maintenance in between bleachings? Presume he/she wouldn't do it for free.

• Heart

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
Do the clients at BeautyBanks agree that it’s “democratically priced”?
Exactly. This demonstrates what a total hypocrite she is. Blathering on about the environment and doing such publicity hungry charity work whilst spending over 60 quid on a blusher and endless minging, designer clothes. She's absolutely insufferable.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
While the bus advice was absolutely ludicrous I can't bear men like him using it as an opportunity to gain Twitter clout

• Angry

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
I've been gone two years but Sali has truly GONE. Why does this woman have a desperate need to 'be cool' and how is it only getting worse with age?

• Haha