Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
Slow clap for tying it into BC awareness month, to shield herself from criticism

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

melfish

VIP Member
Ah, now I understand why IK is so quiet on twitter. It's not just the p a e d o partner. She quit drinking a year ago!

• Wow
  • Sick

melfish

VIP Member
Yes her columns are pointless. What a waste of space. Recommending ONE product a week with paragraphs of inane waffle with tortured analogies. It is so hard to remember what she used to be. A trusted voice cutting through the beauty bullshit. Seriously those days are so long ago and it is sad.
If the current state of the column is anything to go by, the book - should it even eventuate - is going to be a painfully self-indulgent, rambling read. All 384 subordinate clause-filled pages of it 😬

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
I would love to know how Sali makes peace with the ethically murky path her career has taken, the moral compromise it requires to sell women shit they don't need. It isn't exactly a feminist thing to do, is it? Why do people who have enough always want more?

Where are the similar places in Scotland, Wales, North England etc mentioned? Again demonstrating her lack of journalism training or if it’s not benefiting her with freebies and money then she couldn’t give a toss. I’m actually so angry. She’s beyond the pale. And paler than pale.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
If my partner kept taking photos of me sleeping I would have a word. It is so fucking creepy and wierd.
Either that or it is staged. So I withdraw the creepy bit and it is just wierd.

• Haha

Missypissy

Absoloute cliff hangers from She Here. On edge of seat for book release, re-edit of Murad video and the biggie...whether she was in Dublin/Cardiff/Bath/somewhere else when she took a blurry picture of a blue Nissan Micra in the mid distance. Don't leave us hanging Sal...

• Haha

particularparsnip

The amount of 'not an AD' you see from influencers like Sali really shows that either they are ignorant (wilfully or not) of what an advertisement is or they think their audience are thick.

Yes you might not have been paid to advertise a product, had a contract drawn up with the brand etc etc. but you talking about a product or brand, from your position as a trusted 'authority' on the market, means that regardless of money changing hands you are advertising this thing to your audience. Especially if it is gifted to you or if it is some sort of press event or treatment - you are not obligated to post about it but there is that silent expectation you will, otherwise why would a brand have bothered spending money sending it to you? Why don't regular people without audiences get gifted stuff? Because we don't have to audience to advertise to. These things aren't 'gifts' they are payment for a brand using your unfluence with your audience.

Even if you paid for something, if you tag the brand, want them to see you posting about it etc. how is this not advertising? So many people will see that version of a product/service over another and have your endorsement for it, it is an advert (however casual) for that thing.

The ASA have a narrower definition but they are up against people literally trying to hide paid for sponsorships and dupe their audience into trusting them so admittedly they have bigger fish to fry than this, but people like Sali using the ASA definition as a get out of jail card are showing a fundamental misunderstanding of their position and what an advert can be,

• Heart

Missypissy

The 4 videos we'd all actually like to see from Sali:

1. What Botox + filler I have, how regularly I get it and how much that would costs plebs like you.

2. How much my monthly hair maintenance and extensions would cost if I paid full price.

3. Here's my "empties" and the end of the month and this is what they'd cost if I actually paid.

4. Christmas special video "the true cost of maintaining myself in 2021" adding up the total of all items she used regularly or was gifted in the year for which she can wear a jolly Christmas jumper "Curtness, Crisps, Capitalism"

Now THAT would be Pretty Honest.
Sadly it's cream blushers. People have been campaigning hard for cream blusher options. Storming her dms with placards chanting "What do we want?
Cream blusher options!
When do we want them?
As soon as She Here is back from her mystery location and had plugged in her ring light..."

• Haha
Read Grazia in a waiting room today. All I could think was this mag used to be a fun and thought provoking read with a clear identity. Blimey. Ad after ad disguised as content. And I'm including the poorly written bland contribution from Ms Hughes which was obvs paid for by the brand in question. So we must ask 1. How long before Grazia gives up trying to be some kind of print version of an influencer which no body wants? And 2. How can SH claim journalistic credibility? Basically she wrote a press release. Badly

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Using her column in a national newspaper to advertise her associate’s business to cancer patients is a whole different level of underhand from Sali. This is much more serious than shilling for Hershesons.

If we’ve found this much about Nez Hasan just with a bit of googling, imagine what an actual journalist could find out about this murky world…
Can you imagine the thought process that goes into that D? It's Breast Cancer Awareness week so I'll shoehorn in a business associate and my own tattoo artist. I'm a good person!

• Sad
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Thank you, I have hesitated to use it until we are in winter - hoods, hats and boots weather as I’m nervous of that! And I don’t even go out much!
Don't look at Hiron's thread - some 'freaks' on her FB group wear SPF 50 when they work nightshifts indoors. Such is the fear of a rogue shaft of light hitting their unblemished visages.

And yes poor Sali without IG :cry: Who will care for the caregivers?

• Haha
  • Wow

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
Its astonishing that so much money (other people's) and time is spent on hair that still looks so bad. Imagine if she had to manage on budget like us plebs.

• Haha
  • Sad

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Guacamole on the turn is the strangest description ever. What next, the colour of wilted lettuce, milk on the verge of becoming sour, almost stale bread, the colour of hardened cheese that has been left in the fridge for too long?
Green as limp left over word salad.

For the more daring among us this autumn, swipe a lick of brighter, more neon - think sinusitis-green snot - over the lid for an easy day-time pick me up.

Why doesn't she just tell her fans to fuck off and have done with it.

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
She doesn't even delineate the central debate around oral collagen: whether there is any point taking it if it doesn't survive the gut
I wanted to note her failure to address this key point, but my brain shrivelled and died at the pointlessness of it all, so thank you.

I Googled and the similarity between the first couple of hits and her explanation was striking. I think she just got confused with the difference between amino acids/proteins, collagen/gelatine etc and gave up. The errors she made just make this so obvious.

imo anyone writing on skincare should get themselves some basic scientific knowledge. It’s always been very clear that she’s never bothered. She has zero curiosity about how and why specific ingredients work. As she said, it’s all about product and launches for her.

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
Same product is reviewed in The Times today too. Also, would you believe, a rave review. L'Oréal obviously on a charm offensive.
At least The Times article writes about 4 other serum foundations as well. And has readers' comments to make the whole thing more interesting.

Reactions: 19

Clovis

VIP Member
Jane Fonda had indeed had a ton of cosmetic work done on her, however the difference is she is open about it and will happily give a long list of all her procedures.

melfish

VIP Member
That jumper is $420 (£300) and mostly acrylic and nylon, on top of "distressed". What an idiot. She probably gets zapped every time she touches something. Maybe that's why her hair is standing on end at the crown

• Haha