Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rae Ri

I dressed exactly like this for uni lectures in 2006 and it was all from new look. She's labelled it like a GCSE diagram cos you'd never know these were expensive clothes otherwise

How can she post this?? 😂 I thought the jumper had a fleck at first, but it seems to be her mucky mirror…

View attachment 798517

Brands, brands, brands… so dull.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

dunhill

Hadley Yates appears on the list of services at Hershesons at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge View attachment 778478
I've posted previously that Hershesons have lost their concession at Harvey Nichols in part due to their prolific gifting to influencers, something HN does not feel to be on brand for them. It will be interesting to see if they, Hershesons that is, continue to gift influencers.

I wonder if/when brands will wake up to the fact that using influencers isn't necessarily as advantageous as they believe it to be.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
You are my people, as Sali might say. It is so much more satisfying to have a small amount of products that are actually used rather than dithering over 70 identical lipsticks. As for having multiple blushers, I'm still on the same blusher I bought in autumn 2019 and there's no sign whatsoever of it running out anytime soon. The thoughts of having a blusher for every lipstick makes me anxious. Think of all the waste! Icky

Back in the forum days I felt like a freak for not having a different foundation for every mood/ occasion/ look/ day/ season but now I'll use the same one until it runs out.

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
I think that ship sailed a long time ago. In fact the more I see of SH the more I wonder at her ever choosing 'honesty' as her defining characteristic. I think honesty is simply not her default setting.

I know others who are like that, including a good friend. While for me, honesty is my instinctive - almost my only - approach or response in any situation, for others it's as if being honest is just one option amongst others. It doesn't seem to be that important - with self-interest or a desire to impress or please being more important.
Aude, you have hit the nail on the head for me here. It's at the core of my struggles with influencers (and many others too). I just can't fathom it because, as you say, honesty is my default setting, frequently to my detriment. I have worked alongside many people for whom it isn't, and it's been my experience that they are the ones who get ahead. The world loves a liar and a manipulator.

I don't mean to put myself on a pedestal, and I am not bitter. I'm not speaking of honesty as a Virtue here, just as a way of being in the world that comes naturally. I can't not see dishonesty as self-betrayal and I always wonder how people are able to allow for it so they remain at peace with themselves

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
That vintage lipstick she's drooling over looks like a dog's dick

That's three weeks, isn't it, where the column has been just one product? Sali clearly gives no shits about her "journalism" reputation, to be filing blatant advertorials like this. But then she's a fulltime influencer now, chasing the big bucks to keep herself in overpriced shoes and the mirrored hallways of Greek hotel rooms 🤑
Yes her columns are pointless. What a waste of space. Recommending ONE product a week with paragraphs of inane waffle with tortured analogies. It is so hard to remember what she used to be. A trusted voice cutting through the beauty bullshit. Seriously those days are so long ago and it is sad.

• Sad

Nonah

VIP Member
Me too. How many times has she said it now?

Wow. How snooty is this

But, believe me, this is not one of those watery, barely visible bases designed solely for Goop readers to wear when they go to pilates
I think that’s a massive misfire. I’m sure the Goop/Pilates/Graun venn is quite compact. Maybe she would be better off writing for Closer after all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Me again.

Keep thinking of Sali's completely false, fake, patronising and feigned sympathy towards those women who can't afford their own breast reduction surgery.

I bet if Sali had to pay for her own haircuts, extensions and her 300 different cream blushers she wouldn't either be able to afford that surgery.

The lifestyle she sells to women is fraudulent, out of reach and she's having an absolute laugh at the expense of her readers/followers.
This is exactly it. She can only afford expensive clothing/shoes/surgery because she gets everything else for free. I don’t understand why, she’s unlikeable and a shit writer 🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel exactly the same way. It has the opposite effect on me. If I see lots of so called influencers trying to flog the same product I refuse to buy it. They will become anti-influencers soon.
The worst is the boxes/kits. I don’t need to watch you open a box full of products that you’ve already been gifted. What’s the point in that? I’d have more respect for a company that sent out empty boxes and passed on further discount to the actual customer

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I love the way in comments Nadine Baggott pulls rank and says she has met Jane Fonda TWICE 😂

And why are all the gushing sycophants 'running to the newsagent'? They do know that shitrag is available online?

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Posh jeans ffs. They're probably made by the same kids in Cambodia as your average highstreet pair.

• Sad
  • Sick

Disillusioned

VIP Member
They may be a bargain, but they do nothing for her. Especially with those shoes. Whither her long-lost sense of style?

EB7B79B1-0EDA-48F5-81FE-FBE047D27717.jpeg

And a repeat of that bum out, just going for a poo posture. Ridiculous.

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
'I know what you’re thinking, because I thought it too: a “tinted serum” won’t touch the sides on anyone old enough to be twice-jabbed and in possession of a single speck of sun damage.'

WTF ist this patronizing crap anyway. Must we hide our skins under thick make-up to look "less shit"?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow