Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rae Ri

According to Sali's website she wears Custard in the Nars creamy concealer. Whereas I am a Vanilla. So I suppose I am beyond 'deathly pale' and into corpse territory?💀
I don't have that concealer but I wore hourglass immaculate foundation for a while in 'blanc' 👻 not spot on but still the best colour match I'd had at the time. Annoyingly I have yellow undertones. I just don't really wear foundation any more, wasted so much money looking unnaturally pink/orange 😔

Reactions: 5

Annasho

I first tried Palmers with AHA/BHA but nothing changed, I am now using 5% glycolic toner I impulse purchased in primary to try on my hair/scalp
I'm sure you're already well aware, but if you're in the sunshine, use a high strength SPF. I did the scalp thing, sat outside without a hat and I've never experienced scalp sunburn like it.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart

melfish

VIP Member
The Fragrance Foundation would like you to have endless FOMO, so you keep making new purchases instead of seeing existing bottles though

• Sick

mindlessness

VIP Member
I cannot imagine going to three different hairdressers for one hair style (or are they all located at the same establishment?). It must be a full time job.
Yes what a palaver her hair maintenance is, three different locations! All in a city an hour+ on the train away from home.
Josh Wood is in Notting Hill/Holland Park, Hershesons is in Fitzrovia, and the Extensions hairdresser doesn't have a location on his website but has tagged a post with a diffferent inflouencer getting a free set of extnesions at Beauty Club near Oxford Circus. So likely he does other free kindly gifted treatments there too.

melfish

VIP Member
She'd have signed an informed consent/medical waiver. Still, this will likely trigger a class action. It's America, after all, and they love a lawsuit

Badabing101

VIP Member
I keep trying to stick to the same rule, but with foundations and blushers I appear to be out of control 🤷‍♀️ Unless someone stages an intervention for me I imagine I'll be reporting back sooner than I should be 😬

Noticed that Sali has stopped listing HER CHANEL DARK TORTOISE PANTOS FRAMES in capitals. End of an era.
I am so out of control… help me, help me, someone help me …

Succumbed to Pat McGrath’s foundation a couple of weeks ago, now that it’s autumn I’m VERY pale.

So I clearly needed a new foundation as my summer bases are a bit off colour wise now

IndigoViolet

I’ve been taking a collagen supplement for about a year from Revive Active. A dermatologist on Davinia Taylor’s Insta recommended it, the one behind Decree skincare. To be fair I have noticed an improvement in my hair and nails. Not sure of the anti-ageing effect but the other benefits are worth it for me.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
This page is what comes up when you click on Sali's author page at Fourth Estate even though they appear to be publishing her next book. Maybe they are updating her bio. "Sali Hughes: NOT FOUND or error" would make a decent thread title.

I've seen posts about the Cheltenham Literary Festival on IG from Sarah Jossel among others - is She Here not going then? 🤭

Attachments

• Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I've been gone two years but Sali has truly GONE. Why does this woman have a desperate need to 'be cool' and how is it only getting worse with age?
Welcome back!
Must be like Groundhog Day as nothing has changed, only as you say she has got worse.

Two years - my memory is awful - so does that mean you missed her going on a Tattle rampage with some of her friends? Threatening police and lawyers?

• Haha

Pretzelstick

Sorry - which was the nail strengthener people kindly recommended a few months ago? I didn’t get round to buying it and I really need it again
Don't know if it's ever been mentioned here but I get great results with good old-fashioned Nunale cream. My mum used to use it. My local Boots has recently stopped stocking, but I buy from Amazon. I notice a difference when I stop using it for sure.

• Heart

Nonah

VIP Member
Well said.
And as others have said it feels extremely old fashioned (not in a good way) and dated. This glamourising hoarding and freebies is from a different era. Sali's boasting about how much stuff she has now appears distasteful.
There is a far fresher and relevant movement growing I feel where stuff is actually valued and used.
Miquita Oliver appears on Steph's Lunch Box and has vowed to only ever wear charity shop clothes. By contrast Sali's one woman mission to create as much landfill as possible looks increasingly tone deaf.
Hmm. That’s a little problematic in itself though because MO can probably afford to buy things from genuinely sustainable sources, thus supporting and promoting those brands. I don’t believe in gatekeeping charity shops but there are people who genuinely can only afford second hand clothes if they want quality stuff.
Although maybe there are charity shops in London’s who charge more for stuff than they do where I live (hello £10 Burberry trousers!)

Nonah

VIP Member
Good grief. Did she submit this half finished or something?
I take Raw Beauty Labs vegan collagen powder which seems to work pretty well, although I also use a topical vegan serum (one of those Boots own single treatment thingies). Between the two of them I’ve seen some good results.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Have we heard from her since Where’s Sali? Is she actually MIA in an unspecified city of architectural merit (or Cardiff)?
Nobody knows. But she is notoriously quiet on SM so this isn't unusual for her 😂

ETA Her husband has posted about being in Edinburgh.

On an entirely different topic has anyone got their free sample of Synthetic Jungle? And if so what is the verdict? (I didn't apply for one).