Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Django

VIP Member
Thought she didn't like powder blushers. Pretentious twat makes an exception for Hermes. Can't stand this woman.
Ha, She Here particularly liked blushers called Deep Throat and Orgasm a few years ago (some of the comments were brilliant).

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Apropos of nothing why does everything I like always get discontinued??? Another one bites the dust; Origins, original skin makeup removing jelly - I bloody loved this. Not as pricy as some of its counterparts and easy to get hold of, until now that is...looks like it is no more.

• Sad

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Good old Sali. Scratch the surface and you get more surface.

As a journalist has she ever interviewed anyone who doesn't seem to be obsessed with product and appearance? I would love her to talk to someone who eschews all that - just as an interesting counterpoint. (I don't mean someone like Bobbi Brown who pretends to). I know she is a beauty journalist but it is still an aspect of it. (And I know Sali's parameters are quite narrowly about product, not history of beauty or regional, cultural variations for eg).
Jo Brand wears lipstick and doesn’t give a fuck what you think of how she looks, but she doesn’t deserve being snippy Sali-ed.
Dressing for Leonard makes some sense when you consider the state of the “un-ironed, lint and dog hair covered, caca de bèbè palette and too short trousers look” she usually rocks

Last edited:
  • Haha

MrsBubz

THIS! It's as though she needs people to know she can afford these things. It's sad.
And yes, no joy, just a void she stuffs designer labels and "product" into

Oh wow, Shelley's. That was the first store I made a beeline for when I moved to London in 1992. There, and Kensington Market 🤷‍♀️
Urgh Kensington Market! Still miss it 💔

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Thread suggestion: my £300 sweatshirt is covered in dog hair and democratically priced, you plebes.
I know it’s too long but I couldn’t resist 😅

It’s on her very first thread! I closed my tab and now can’t find the poster’s name again but it’s about midway through thread 1
Its CKC, just spent the last 20 minutes going back through thread 1..... it was a nice trip down memory lane

Nonah

VIP Member
Yeah exactly, Wiki is a bunch of voluntary contributors so I get that. The Guardian should shit or get off the pot as regards their business model- either put it behind a paywall and be done with it or don't

It's 2021 and most stuff is digital nowadays so it would hardly be a shocker

You've read 500 articles this year!

It's also astounding to me that they do things like begging but then also turn off the comments section. The comments section itself surely brings a lot of clicks as people are checking back etc. Granted I have no clue about how to run these things but they don't either!
Crocs and cardigans do not a business model make.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Found it - CND also had to revisit “here’s one moisturiser now piss off” good thread. Sales been eating all of the teeny tiny cakes at afternoon tea and beginning to bravely overcome her fear of selfies. She’s thrilled to be back in shops as she “treasures” them

• Sick

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I haven't seen any close up, well focussed photos and LE has had a couple of corrective operations since, but what Alice HD described it as sounds pretty distressing - a raised up, hard area in the shape of the head of the gadget used which is about the dimensions of "a stick of butter".

melfish

VIP Member
God, don't these people have better things things to worry about? Who cares?

This next-level vanity blows my mind

• Haha

Whatevesmate

Chatty Member
JCM is associate fashion editor whereas SH is a mere columnist. Doubt a columnist would be entitled to redundancy 🙃