Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

murphao

Not gonna watch anymore. I don't want to see two grown women celebrating their conspicuous consumption
There was a time - circa 2013 when Sali Hughes Beauty launched - when I found the videos from the In the Bathroom series aspirational! Watching that video now makes me feel queasy…

• Sad
Reactions: 19

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Guacamole on the turn is the strangest description ever. What next, the colour of wilted lettuce, milk on the verge of becoming sour, almost stale bread, the colour of hardened cheese that has been left in the fridge for too long?

• Haha
  • Sick

yessenia_d

Chatty Member
Same product is reviewed in The Times today too. Also, would you believe, a rave review. L'Oréal obviously on a charm offensive.

• Wow
  • Sick
Just to say Chilli Pickle is slop. Total “white people” Indian food, owned by white people and run by white people. Their chicken curry is a can of Heinz tomato soup with a bit of spice. Yuck!

• Haha
  • Wow

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
LE is launching a foundation! I’m sticking to my no-buy until used up what I have, so I’m eagerly awaiting the tattle reviews! Hope she can colour match a beef shade for us

• Haha
  • Wow

particularparsnip

She behaves like a 20 year old
Rude!!! 😉 Please we are not all like Sali! Self absorbency doesn’t have an age unfortunately, would be nice if it was guaranteed people grew out of it but sometimes it does get worse with age too (can think of SH and Hirons definitely) 😅
My friends and I are partial to a drunk in the loos group pic, but I think any of us would be like wtf are you doing if one of us was taking serious selfies in the loo while the rest of us were at the table. Doubly so if we were out with a S/O.
I’m not actually 20 but 25 so close enough, even if the difference between those ages feels like a gulf.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
How many times do we think She Here mentioned she was a vegetarian? I'd say 5 at a conservative guess.

I actually think her column was less bad than it has been for a while. An incredibly low bar I know. But she mentioned more than one item, and didn't waffle on about herself so much. It was still badly written and ended on the excruciating not forgetting your greens quip (my bet is she thought of that first then wrote the article around it). But for a first effort - a solid 3/10.

Awful sinus related jaw pain means for my health I cannot watch the perfume video. Clenching makes it worse. But I saw in comments she will be doing a 'slutty perfume' video by popular demand natch. Is this true? Just imagine the tortured and quite revolting analogies she will come up with :sick: (on trend green emoji).

• Sick
  • Heart
Exclusive beauty pie launch video - ad info, video not paid or sponsored 😳 The video is promoting the affiliate code for signing up new members, ergo the whole point of it is that it’s an AD for the new beauty pie service. What am I missing?

Any news on the Murad re-edit?

• Wow
  • Angry

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Tbf to Sali, I’m not sure why people doubt that she’s a book lover. She actually just tweeted about a new series she’s really enjoying…

6251EB03-8611-4E6D-9C5D-86912D7EFFC4.jpeg

60FC112B-2E54-40C0-A7A8-BE0EF35721EE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

melfish

VIP Member
She always posts in a way that makes it seem she was exclusively treated to things too, rather than sat at the C-listers table as an afterthought

• Haha

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
For those venturing anywhere near a Habitat concession, be aware of any small or sensitive people nearby before you approach. Luckily it was incredibly early when I clocked this - the "Oh DO fuck off" was out of my mouth before I could check I was alone

Screenshot_20211009-085516_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Oh and I’ve got more botanical beef with her. These are not “wild flowers”, you eejit!

BD726A46-FE5E-4862-A26A-451A42B2DC77.jpeg

And just look at the Lumene jamboree that Little Miss Never Does PR Events went to… (she’s tagged by Lumene)

50B6CC89-41A7-40D0-A4F7-954792508B2D.jpeg

6FD0847E-ED06-4C55-A7D7-98474A67CF6C.jpeg

Luxe hotel shared by another beauty writer, perhaps Sali was home to her bed.

Surely all of this has to affect your feelings towards a brand compared to others who have no budget for all this schmoozing?

ETA: Haha, I’ve just spotted The Hair in that middle pic. Could pick it out anywhere 😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I would love to know how Sali makes peace with the ethically murky path her career has taken, the moral compromise it requires to sell women shit they don't need. It isn't exactly a feminist thing to do, is it? Why do people who have enough always want more?
It is interesting isn't it. Beauty influencers like Sali start from the stand point of women being afraid of looking their age or heaven forbid actually older (whatever that means as it is all nonsensical). I suppose it is all coated in the framework of 'choice'. Which of course it is (ignoring if we can the incredible societal pressures to look 'not shit'). But Sali et al monetise this fear. And Sali I think is very dishonest when it comes to her own aging. She smuggles away in comments her references to Botox and tweakments. Out of all her comments/columns/videos everywhere recommending product I would hazard a guess less than 1% ever mention her own use of such interventions.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Ah Sali, you still spend a lot of time on Tattle reading what 'the trolls' have to say, uh?

Anybody here long enough to remember the 'new member' with a weirdly specific vocab who came here to defend She Here about 2/3 months before the whole internet-stalking thing kicked off? Because I do, and I know it was either her or somebody close to her, it was so obvious.

• Wow
  • Haha

melfish

VIP Member
"I CaLlEd MiNe $ALI." Of course she did :rolleyes: because she lacks imagination and has an insatiable need to lay claim to things.

Hair is still yellow

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.17.11 AM.png

Fuck off with your bespoke lipstick, you needy twat (apologies, in a foul mood)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart