Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, it's like she sees attributing behaviour to mental health issues as excusing it or a get out clause. Obviously it can be an oversimplification but again Sali who bemoans others' lack of nuance but rarely displays any herself will adamantly say "no, they weren't mentally ill". I get that desire not to stigmatise mental health sufferers but people with mental health problems can be off their head on drugs (I think she said the person handling her on her friend seemed coked up), can be murderers (according to SH there was "nothing to suggest psychosis" about the Plymouth shootings and about here where posters are both "mentallists" and not mentally ill just nasty people.
But this man was "well dressed" and "normal looking" so case closed.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Something is afoot. She is again pushing the being trolled thing for some reason. Keeps shoehorning it in for no reason at all. This obsession with being offended on Charlotte Dahling's behalf (who patently couldn't give a tit) is most odd.
Imminent documentary with Baddiel fella?

That's a great point. We can assume most people are decent and would have done the same. What on earth has it got to do with working in the beauty industry?
Sorry to quote myself here. I'm not saying that the Bobbi Brown staff member didn't display kindness and wasn't brilliant as it sounds like she was but I do think it has naff all to do with the beauty industry.

Reactions: 11
BB assistant & beauty industry is ‘women supporting women’ in Sali’s nana world. She could take refuge from a bad man in the safety of a women’s shop. Dumb arse narrative that blatantly ignores that the industry is largely run by men (eg dressing for Leonard) who exploit women’s insecurities about their looks. A tactic now employed by BB (looking like tit) & CB (whose ‘unsheathed’ face - ha ha - must not be seen by her darling husband at night lest it scares him away). Bunch of idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So Charlotte Tilbury wears freshly applied eyeliner and mascara to bed. Giving a nod to her long lasting formulas as well #businesswoman. Not a full face which was the impression I got from all this.
I couldn’t do it as I have sensitive eyes and have to get the stuff off after a whole day but each to their own. Didn’t Sali once say that sleeping in your makeup gave aperfect smoky eye? Possibly another profound instahun but does sound a bit like Sali from another life. CT clearly doesn’t care so Sali going to bat for her so strongly is odd unless she’s getting paid.

Reactions: 5
Imminent documentary with Baddiel fella?
I wondered that. She patently does not get trolled on IG. Twitter seems to be the normal to and fro most people get. So she is setting the scene how trolled she is in case people want to check (without coming here obviously).
I can only imagine how dire that documentary will be. The basic muddying of the waters between dissent and trolling. The blue tickers earnestly seeking laws to stop people disagreeing with or laughing at their dafter pronouncements.

Reactions: 15
Something is afoot. She is again pushing the being trolled thing for some reason. Keeps shoehorning it in for no reason at all. This obsession with being offended on Charlotte Dahling's behalf (who patently couldn't give a tit) is most odd.
Perhaps David Baddiels troll doc has a broadcast date

Reactions: 2
Also odd that, two years ago, it was SH's seeming defence of CT (SH was reported to have been deleting IG comments that referred to allegations of bullying at the CT brand) that appears to have led to the social media 'stalking' that was reported on Estee Laundry that led to her freaky Friday video. (For anyone newish - and interested - the story of that is in Section 4 of the SH Wiki.)

Both then and now she does seem to be going above and beyond for CT. I don't mean to imply anything by that - e.g. that there's an undeclared commercial relationship there - I just find it odd.

Reactions: 14
Also odd that, two years ago, it was SH's seeming defence of CT (SH was reported to have been deleting IG comments that referred to allegations of bullying at the CT brand) that appears to have led to the social media 'stalking' that was reported on Estee Laundry that led to her freaky Friday video. (For anyone newish - and interested - the story of that is in Section 4 of the SH Wiki.)

Both then and now she does seem to be going above and beyond for CT. I don't mean to imply anything by that - e.g. that there's an undeclared commercial relationship there - I just find it odd.
I think Sali’s in awe of CT , a fangirl who wants her approval so thinks she has to butt in and fight her corner even if Charlotte Darling doesn’t give a rat’s arse.

Reactions: 7
Normal and well dressed man in soho bothering women and asking for drugs - he’s just a media wanker off his face. Also has she not ever lived in London? Who has a conversation with a random in London! In the year 2019! Eye contact is offensive enough, let alone actual conversing back and forth. She’s a total idiot who hid behind a young woman working in a shop. Personally I’d have looked to duck in a shop in soho which had security guards or lots of staff. He knows where that woman works now you idiot, she could be a sitting duck thanks to you.

Normal and well dressed man in soho bothering women and asking for drugs - he’s just a media wanker off his face. Also has she not ever lived in London? Who has a conversation with a random in London! In the year 2019! Eye contact is offensive enough, let alone actual conversing back and forth. She’s a total idiot who hid behind a young woman working in a shop. Personally I’d have looked to duck in a shop in soho which had security guards or lots of staff. He knows where that woman works now you idiot, she could be a sitting duck thanks to you.
Reading this again it’s clear this bloke had mh issues. No ‘normal’ men behave like this. The idea that some rando shop worker nearby should be asked to have any authority in this situation is ridiculous. Glad she did help but duck me it was inappropriate.

Reactions: 8
It was 2019.
I Iove the way Sali concludes that as the assistant worked for BB she, Sali, was proud to be part of the beauty industry. So if she and her chum had ran into say Bon Marche the staff there too wouldn't have told the man to sling his hook. (If Sali is reading here Bon Marche is a clothes shop for poors).
Hahaha. It happened to me once when I was getting my sons new school shoes. A bloke followed us there and stood outside looking at me through the windows for ages. I told the assistant and they got security to tell him to sod off. Completely forgot about that. I've held purveyors of footwear in high esteem ever since though I must own I am not amongst their ranks.

Yes, it's like she sees attributing behaviour to mental health issues as excusing it or a get out clause. Obviously it can be an oversimplification but again Sali who bemoans others' lack of nuance but rarely displays any herself will adamantly say "no, they weren't mentally ill". I get that desire not to stigmatise mental health sufferers but people with mental health problems can be off their head on drugs (I think she said the person handling her on her friend seemed coked up), can be murderers (according to SH there was "nothing to suggest psychosis" about the Plymouth shootings and about here where posters are both "mentallists" and not mentally ill just nasty people.
I typed this in two stages which is why the end makes no sense, Iost my train of thought.

Reactions: 11
BB assistant & beauty industry is ‘women supporting women’ in Sali’s nana world. She could take refuge from a bad man in the safety of a women’s shop. Dumb arse narrative that blatantly ignores that the industry is largely run by men (eg dressing for Leonard) who exploit women’s insecurities about their looks. A tactic now employed by BB (looking like tit) & CB (whose ‘unsheathed’ face - ha ha - must not be seen by her darling husband at night lest it scares him away). Bunch of idiots.
And she says Mail readers are getting played :rolleyes:

The beauty industry is predicated on fear not empowerment

Last edited:
  • Haha
The beauty industry is predicated on fear not empowerment
That is so true. They congratulate themselves on giving us the tools to look less revolting and offensive through aging - all under the guise of choice and empowerment.
Thus Bobbi Brown's mask slipping calling being natural 'tit' was quite so revealing. They are probably terrified women might actually look at their aging lovely faces and think 'duck it. duck being scared of looking my age or (the horror) older. duck pretending I feel empowered when I am just ashamed to show a slight and normal' imperfection'. And duck constantly giving the greedy cynical money grabbing beauty industry and its leechlike hangers on (eg influencers) any more of my money and time'.
Won't happen but still 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Won't happen but still 😅
I know. But recognising it for what it is is still better than being hoodwinked and/or self-delusional ("I'm doing it for myself" = I've internalised society's beauty standards)

Hemmo has posted a VERY interesting review of a book called Break the Internet. In her comment are some of her views about the book, influencers and even gossip/tea sites filling the journalistic gap in the scrutiny of said influencers. 😘

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.