Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Making pronouncements about people's (not least our) motivation and mental health seems to be a core SH characteristic.

First time I was taken aback by it was when she tweeted - a few years ago - about being pestered by a man in the street and taking refuge in a make-up shop. In response someone commented that he might have had mental health issues - to which her response was something like: No, he didn't have mental health issues he was just a man behaving badly.
Not just any make-up shop, it was Bobbi Brown - with whom she had a working relationship at the time. That was of course NOTHING to with the gushing about how wonderful the staff there were or anything.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Not just any make-up shop, it was Bobbi Brown - with whom she had a working relationship at the time. That was of course NOTHING to with the gushing about how wonderful the staff there were or anything.
I have the vaguest memory that it was the Mac shop in Neal Street, Covent Garden. I think though that she also had a story about running into a Bobbi Brown shop in Brighton to get out of the rain (where, quelle surprise, they were running her 'can't live without' campaign).

I may have misremembered all of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Oh give it a rest, you bore.

CT has said the make up thing on many occasions, including Sali's ITB. I honestly can't understand why she's still going on and on about it. Does CT herself give as much of a tit? She's probably in Ibiza loving all the attention her multi million brand is getting. She's obviously a shrewd businesswoman and knows what she's doing

She’s the one arguing?! 😂😂😂 put Twitter away babe, cool girl Charlotte Dahrling couldn’t care less about your ridiculous white knighting in the comments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have the vaguest memory that it was the Mac shop in Neal Street, Covent Garden. I think though that she also had a story about running into a Bobbi Brown shop in Brighton to get out of the rain (where, quelle surprise, they were running her 'can't live without' campaign).

I may have misremembered all of that.
No you’re right! My bad. I’m thinking of a different time she pretended to seek refuge in a make-up shop! I think it was the time she complained bitterly she was going for lunch with her son to Burger King or somewhere he had chosen and people DARED to politely suggest nice lunch places in Brighton as if She Here wasn’t a local. Heads rolled that day!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She’s the one arguing?! 😂😂😂 put Twitter away babe, cool girl Charlotte Dahrling couldn’t care less about your ridiculous white knighting in the comments
What is the misquote Sali keeps going on about?
And Charlotte Tilbury is not such a shrinking violet she cannot address it herself I would have thought. If she thought it was a problem.
I would rather Sali addressed her chum Bobbi Brown thinking it acceptable to say women without makeup look 'like tit' personally. No wonder women can feel insecure without a face of it at all times. But she does love to pick a safe battle.

Reactions: 14
And of course she just has to shoehorn herself in. At this stage I'd be more shocked if she *didn't* find a way to insert herself and Tattle into everything

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Here is the thing about Sali and her chum being chased into Bobbi Brown in Soho by a normal seeming man..

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
"A well dressed otherwise normal man". This seems familiar. Remember, Becky was "affluent looking"

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
What is the misquote Sali keeps going on about?
And Charlotte Tilbury is not such a shrinking violet she cannot address it herself I would have thought. If she thought it was a problem.
I would rather Sali addressed her chum Bobbi Brown thinking it acceptable to say women without makeup look 'like tit' personally. No wonder women can feel insecure without a face of it at all times. But she does love to pick a safe battle.
I think this was the original headline (it was later amended) of a Daily Mail article on which people commented on Twitter.

1631453129212.png

This is what CT was quoted as saying in the article:

1631453454438.png

So, in the article, CT did not say that not letting your husband see you without make-up was the secret to a successful marriage. But then neither did she, 'express insecurity about her appearance'.

Reactions: 8
Vomit. Someone asked for a video on expensive products for Christmas gifts. Sali said she would love to but couldn't face the 'tit kicking' she would get in the comments. Someone replied with this

If she can't face dissenting comments is she really as brave and bolshie as you think? And 'abused'? Get a grip

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yes! That's the story I remember. So it was Bobbi Brown. How long ago was that?
It was 2019.
I Iove the way Sali concludes that as the assistant worked for BB she, Sali, was proud to be part of the beauty industry. So if she and her chum had ran into say Bon Marche the staff there too wouldn't have told the man to sling his hook. (If Sali is reading here Bon Marche is a clothes shop for poors).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She claims she deletes the 'abusive' ones. But she has a different definition of abuse and trolling than most. Asking her if her hair is blonde rather than grey as it looks blonde is considered abuse. Asking about botox. Asking about the name of specs

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Making pronouncements about people's (not least our) motivation and mental health seems to be a core SH characteristic.

First time I was taken aback by it was when she tweeted - a few years ago - about being pestered by a man in the street and taking refuge in a make-up shop. In response someone commented that he might have had mental health issues - to which her response was something like: No, he didn't have mental health issues he was just a man behaving badly.
Yes, it's like she sees attributing behaviour to mental health issues as excusing it or a get out clause. Obviously it can be an oversimplification but again Sali who bemoans others' lack of nuance but rarely displays any herself will adamantly say "no, they weren't mentally ill". I get that desire not to stigmatise mental health sufferers but people with mental health problems can be off their head on drugs (I think she said the person handling her on her friend seemed coked up), can be murderers (according to SH there was "nothing to suggest psychosis" about the Plymouth shootings and about here where posters are both "mentallists" and not mentally ill just nasty people.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
It was 2019.
I Iove the way Sali concludes that as the assistant worked for BB she, Sali, was proud to be part of the beauty industry. So if she and her chum had ran into say Bon Marche the staff there too wouldn't have told the man to sling his hook. (If Sali is reading here Bon Marche is a clothes shop for poors).
That's a great point. We can assume most people are decent and would have done the same. What on earth has it got to do with working in the beauty industry?

Reactions: 8
She could do a luxury edit and a povvo one, non? Satiate all that dreadful drain on her expert energies.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have never seen dissent in her comments. Just pure adoration. How peculiar.
Something is afoot. She is again pushing the being trolled thing for some reason. Keeps shoehorning it in for no reason at all. This obsession with being offended on Charlotte Dahling's behalf (who patently couldn't give a tit) is most odd.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.