Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was chatting to my cousin who’s a hairdresser and she was saying she can’t wait for grey to be over, it’s challenging for her when folk come in with their Pinterest boards of silvers and greys thinking that’s going to happen for them - a toner v frequently would be the only way to do it otherwise yes, eventually and quite quickly blonde.
I'm trying to go lighter after dark box dye. I been twice and it has lightened, but not to the colour I want yet. But so far my hair condition is ok. And I think doing it gradually doesn't seem like a such a shock, and I can ease in gently being lighter. Her hair on holiday was shocking colour and condition.

Reactions: 6
Absolutely. There was a bit in one of her books that went something like "I am brunette, not blonde. Cheese, not chocolate. Vodka, not gin". Wish I could remember the rest
She’s such a cringe try-hard. We get it Sali ‘YOU’RE NOT LIKE ALL THE OTHER GIRLS!’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I'm trying to go lighter after dark box dye. I been twice and it has lightened, but not to the colour I want yet. But so far my hair condition is ok. And I think doing it gradually doesn't seem like a such a shock, and I can ease in gently being lighter. Her hair on holiday was shocking colour and condition.
Sam Chapman has gone from dark brunette to a sort of honey blonde and her hair was bleached. She explained how it took months of preparation and doing it incredibly gradually to keep up the condition as the hair has to be treated so gently before and after bleaching. Her's does look really good imo and in good condition.
What Sali was thinking doing it so suddenly is anyone's guess. The dramatic reveal I suppose.
It looks awful, is in awful condition and really does not suit her.
@HattieJakes 'tragic Hersheson's revenge fringe' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's hard to believe she did this for the sake of a few silver hairs. I honestly thought those silver hairs were so attractive especially when she had her hair up. The lesson here is that no one needs to make any drastic changes or obsess over perceived flaws

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's hard to believe she did this for the sake of a few silver hairs. I honestly thought those silver hairs were so attractive especially when she had her hair up. The lesson here is that no one needs to make any drastic changes or obsess over perceived flaws
Yes she seemed to use a sledgehammer to crack a very small nut. I have very dark hair and some grey along my parting and at the temples. About once a year I do that root dye thing (I know Sali can't). Most of the time I just leave it as it really doesn't bother me often, but if I do want to cover it I use Magic Touch spray or a dark hair powder.
I hardly used to notice Sali's greys and never thought they were unattractive or aging.
I can only presume it hasn't turned out as she thought it would. She can't actually be happy with the look and maintenance can she?
I bet people warned her too - when she first revealed it so many people here commented that yes it looked OK at first, but maintenance and condition were going to be a nightmare.

Reactions: 4
I’m sure if liking gin wasn’t considered so basic these days she’d be all over a gin and Dubonnet - just like our rainbow queen mum. SUCH a Nanna drink with her Elnett and her rose scents and her talc. She’d love an M&S can of G&T with her Closer and her heated hair brush on those Brighton to London trains

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I see she‘s nailing herself to CT’s cross on Twitter after CT said something typically CT about ‘my husband has NEVER seen me without make up daahling” and the Daily Heil ran with it. Maybe she’s spent so long up CT’s arse that’s whats made her hair go weird 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
If you read the CT employer reviews on indeed, it does sound very much like there is a culture of bullying there tbh

Reactions: 13
It's gross for Sali to just dismiss those claims

When there are multiple claims surely there's something in it. Is it any wonder people find it hard to speak up on bullying in the workplace?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's gross for Sali to just dismiss those claims

When there are multiple claims surely there's something in it. Is it any wonder people find it hard to speak up on bullying in the workplace?
It's not in her interest to do anything other than dismiss those claims, which didn't just come from Estee Laundry and there's far too many of them to be baseless. She's sticking her fingers in her ears going la la la not listening, basically, because she doesn't want to be cut off from a freebie gravy train.

Reactions: 20
Absolutely. There was a bit in one of her books that went something like "I am brunette, not blonde. Cheese, not chocolate. Vodka, not gin". Wish I could remember the rest
But I thought she liked to "chin" chocolate bars in their entirety?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
For all her "I'm so working class" stuff she seems to always stick up for the capitalists, of course it's the little people that are wrong, it couldn't possibly be the rich bosses of a multi million pound company. Wouldn't happen!

And I'm sorry but her hand wringing over the article is ridiculous. Charlotte Tilbury knows what she is doing, she is not a helpless victim who will fall to pieces over a Daily Mail article. She has built up a multi million pound empire and seems ruthless. She probably welcomes the publicity.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
For all her "I'm so working class" stuff she seems to always stick up for the capitalists, of course it's the little people that are wrong, it couldn't possibly be the rich bosses of a multi million pound company. Wouldn't happen!

And I'm sorry but her hand wringing over the article is ridiculous. Charlotte Tilbury knows what she is doing, she is not a helpless victim who will fall to pieces over a Daily Mail article. She has built up a multi million pound empire and seems ruthless. She probably welcomes the publicity.
Totally this. And CT in particular has had every single privilege that Sali supposedly rails against. There was a brilliantly damning article in the Times last year which threw up this glittering nugget.
1631296225191.png

Apologies if this has been covered, I’m new here, see.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Totally this. And CT in particular has had every single privilege that Sali supposedly rails against. There was a brilliantly damning article in the Times last year which threw up this glittering nugget. View attachment 756288
Apologies if this has been covered, I’m new here, see.
Imagine saying tit like that. The unchecked privilege is nauseating

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.