Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have friends from Brighton and Sussex, can confirm I have never ever heard anyone use chinning in any context let alone this one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I lived in Brighton for 9 years and NO ONE ever said "chin" in that context (and it gives me the rage when SH uses it, for some reason!)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I didn’t want to get on the what has she done to her hair bandwagon…but what has she done to her hair??!! I almost feel sorry for her.
A094EFA9-7ED6-4888-B400-FF3A0B0F9244.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Her hair extensions have a six year olds clip in Claire's Accessories for Halloween vibe.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didn’t want to get on the what has she done to her hair bandwagon…but what has she done with her hair??!! I almost feel sorry for her.
It is because every time you see it it hits you anew quite how terrible it is. And that she CHOSE it.
There seems to be a period of grace of about one day when she has just had it rebleached and treated with god knows what at the salon where it looks OK. Every single time after that 😮
On top of that the wierd Garth fringe.
Her hair was perfectly fine before. And suited her. And was in good condition.

Do you think she wants to copy jo Jones’ bleached blonde rock chick look and this is the start. Jo can carry the blonde off and looks great. Sali…..
Ah I wondered this. Hence the hair, layered necklaces and wearing black singlets. Does JJ have thick plastic nails 🧐?

• Haha
  • Sad
That weird fringe. The extensions. The colour. The condition. I’ve had awful hair before but dear me, I’m not paid to look good or have the budget/contacts to go to the best salons. I think she should do a pixie cut & get rid of it all - plus it’d suit her face shape & image. And I hear she is the size of a tiny pixie…

• Haha
I think jaw length would suit her. She had it before and it looked nice. I think she has got it into her head she has got long hair, and to have short grey hair (let's pretend it is grey for argument's sake) is straying too much into old woman territory. She has banged on enough in books, articles etc about the 'grey cauliflower perm' old women have.
Surely the time must be coming where she realises it was a mistake and tries to rectify it? She potentially has decades of this upkeep ahead of her.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
The top few inches which are dark are fine. Why in all that is sane did she bleach all of the hair below the first few inches? It’s one solid colour and in that respect, not at all like grey hair!
I think she will be stubborn and keep it up for a long time until she can claim some kind of health problem from the bleach.

Reactions: 3
The time and energy required just to keep it looking ... not like it did when she was on holidays 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It was grey (ish) at first but now it's definitely blonde isn't it? I really don't understand her thought process around this. Why make such a fuss about going grey and then go blonde? She also seemed to pin a lot of her identity on being a brunette so think this has brought on a massive floundering style wise. Trying to copy Jo Jones would be really bizarre (although they both favour overpriced Bella Freud jumpers).

Reactions: 5
I couldn't remember what Jo Jones looks like exactly so was googling (ANYTHING to delay starting work) and Sali looks SO much better here, she's like a different person. It's insane what she'd done!

Reactions: 9
How much money/time has Sali now expended for her hair to look this awful?! Extensions are a fortune and she's been back and forth with that nightmare colour. The tragic Hersheson's revenge fringe. More time in the hairdresser's chair than Princess Di!!!!!!

This is the kind of hair that could bankrupt you! If, of course, you paid for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I was chatting to my cousin who’s a hairdresser and she was saying she can’t wait for grey to be over, it’s challenging for her when folk come in with their Pinterest boards of silvers and greys thinking that’s going to happen for them - a toner v frequently would be the only way to do it otherwise yes, eventually and quite quickly blonde.

Reactions: 8
It was grey (ish) at first but now it's definitely blonde isn't it? I really don't understand her thought process around this. Why make such a fuss about going grey and then go blonde? She also seemed to pin a lot of her identity on being a brunette so think this has brought on a massive floundering style wise. Trying to copy Jo Jones would be really bizarre (although they both favour overpriced Bella Freud jumpers).
Absolutely. There was a bit in one of her books that went something like "I am brunette, not blonde. Cheese, not chocolate. Vodka, not gin". Wish I could remember the rest

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.