Sali Hughes #38 True to size. Mine is XS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know what the Aussie equivalent would be. Like a bogan vs a private school kid?
A private school kid from woopwoop is not the same as one from Melbourne?
bogan is an attitude and a way of life 😆
I think a private school kid is just a private school kid

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well, long story short I think Sali is a snob. That’s how she manages her cognitive dissonance re trolls

Reactions: 23
Jesus Christ. The Wannabe Sustainability Queen’s crown slips right off.
She says they’re pointless, so why a column? Desperately trying to be relevant? She doesn’t even mention environmental impact.

Funmi raved about these last week. Hopeless.

ETA: Funmi Fetto also recommended the one from Net a Porter. Press release ‘journalism’. Scroll down to her “I couldn’t live without…”

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Jesus Christ. The Sustainability Queen’s crown slips right off.

Femi raved about these last week. Hopeless.
The answer is ‘No.’*

Though I suppose that would make for a short column?

* Not even in Australia where our summer temps reach above 40C. I keep my after sun and my hydrogel eye patches in the fridge (though I don’t ‘budge up the Hellman’s’ as Sali suggests) and everything else manages fine in a dark medicine cabinet.

Sali reccomends a portable magnifying mirror and says it’s a handbag essential. She hasn’t confirmed if she has one for every bag though! Should we presume she does?

• Sad
  • Haha
So something that says it doesn't need to be put in a fridge doesn't need a dedicated fridge but if you really want to it can go in the normal fridge.

I couldn't read it without registering, here's an archive link without the wall

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So something that says it doesn't need to be put in a fridge doesn't need a dedicated fridge but if you really want to it can go in the normal fridge.

I couldn't read it without registering, here's an archive link without the wall
You just need to click “I’ll do it later”, unless it’s changed.

Reactions: 3
Silly question, but why would anyone have just taken a delivery of the fourth item that they don't need?
I am becoming more and more convinced that She Here and Jack are one and the same - Hellmans!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
CT said exactly the same thing in her ITBW, but expert journo sali didn’t bother to dig in why. Internalised misogyny? Vanity? Crushingly low self esteem dolled up into an alter ego?

I saw a tiktok where someone added unicornish extensions with occasional strands of glittery silver. May have been naff IRL but the proper silver underneath the grey looked stunning
yes! I remember this because it totally put me off CT and I’ve never enjoyed or related to the branding of her products

Reactions: 9
It beggars belief that she actually put this together and thinks it passes as a worthy column.

Journalist?

• Sick
Reactions: 12
She's so original! https://tattle.life/threads/19920/

Also a lot of dermatologists beg people to ditch their magnifying mirrors because they often lead to skin dysphoria and picking.

Ok i see my link to Grarytzia has been modified. I was just making the point that She Here wasn't exactly in the vanguard with her article- said publication ran a piece 2 months ago:

Do You Really Need A Mini Fridge For Your Skincare?
Search #skincarefridge on Instagram and marvel at the latest beauty obsession...
[object Object]

BY ANNIE VISCHER |
POSTED ON01 07 2021

Reactions: 5
I remember CT talking about her husband never seeing her without makeup in the ITBW and that she gets up and reapplies it before he wakes up. Why is she here saying that CT hasn’t said this? Unless (I am being very pedantic here) she is referring to the exact ‘headline’ about teaching Kim K to sleep in her make up, rather than the more general point about never letting her husband see her without make up, therefore she sleeps in her makeup? Ugh, I’m overthinking this. Don’t know why I’ve even bother to type it 😂.
Basically she’s talking balls.
Charlotte Tilbury Really Did Teach Kim Kardashian to Sleep in Her Makeup

Also re magnifying mirrors, I thought she was against them? She can change her mind of course and circumstances (like eyesight) do change so fair enough but I could have sworn there’s a column/tweet/paragraph in Pretty Honest about the perils of a magnifying mirror.

Reactions: 7
Jesus Christ. The Wannabe Sustainability Queen’s crown slips right off.
She says they’re pointless, so why a column? Desperately trying to be relevant? She doesn’t even mention environmental impact.

Funmi raved about these last week. Hopeless.

ETA: Funmi Fetto also recommended the one from Net a Porter. Press release ‘journalism’. Scroll down to her “I couldn’t live without…”
Funmi Fetto's column is useless. Usually a list of very expensive make-up items and a bunch of "can't live without'" every single week.

Reactions: 19
Silly question, but why would anyone have just taken a delivery of the fourth item that they don't need?
Quite. Do we presume companies just send them to her? In which case the obvious thing to do would be to send it back requesting it go to someone who would like it, and not to send her one again. So she now has two of these things she thinks pointless, if she still has her mini coke one.

I really think this pisspoor effort must be a contender to appear in the list of her top three worst ever columns (the other two being £40 scrunchies and festival glitter). The utter inane waste of a column tediously explaining why she doesn't like something. She is never ever negative about actual skincare products as a matter of principle so why start now with such an obscure pointless item? At least she didn't insult intelligence further by pretending hundreds of her readers had DMed her asking about a skincare fridge.

Reactions: 14
Has anyone else noticed she’s saying “Hiya” less?

Has anyone tried the Trinny stuff? I quite like the stacking concept!

Has anyone else noticed she’s saying “Hiya” less?

ETA: Has anyone tried the Trinny stuff? I quite like the stacking concept!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
bogan is an attitude and a way of life 😆
I think a private school kid is just a private school kid
Quite! I worked with a couple of people who sent their kids to very nice fee paying schools, but they were definitely not socially elevated families in any way (although they may have thought differently!). Money can't buy class - but it can buy the idea of it :unsure:

Reactions: 5
Quite! I worked with a couple of people who sent their kids to very nice fee paying schools, but they were definitely not socially elevated families in any way (although they may have thought differently!). Money can't buy class - but it can buy the idea of it :unsure:
Exactly. Just look at Hirons. She might own a £2 million mansion but she is a rich chav and an oaf and always will be

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.