Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Aude

VIP Member
@Sideboard Bob you're right though. She must have many such moments. How did this happen - from the age of four I only ever wanted to be a journalist and here I am tapping my nails on a pot of facecream, giving it my best smile and saying how pleased I am to have been asked to talk about it?

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Vanelope

VIP Member
Polly Vernon did write the article ‘you all hate me because I’m thin’ or something to that effect and I’ve side eyed her stuff ever since. It was very self congratulatory.

• Sick
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Her trying to make “dragging” happen is so embarrassing. Also it just sends people here when they end up Googling whatever the hell a dragging site is.
She ties herself in knots over this place. Anybody who looks here or signs up is 'broken' and part of the problem, so are all these banned defenders contributing to the 'problem'?
There are numerous avenues for Sali fans to tell her how marvellous she is, and they do in their hundreds if not thousands. I'll never understand why '20 women, teachers among them' fuck her off quite so much.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
She loves to point out her own singularity while simultaneously lumping everyone else into an undifferentiated, inferior mass. She's doing here with "other journalists" what she did with that "other mothers" piece

Must be lonely being so much better than everyone else

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I STILL can’t help thinking that Larry’s dad on Curb is her beauty idol. The glasses, the brows, the crumpled brown tops, and now the ‘grey’ hair too.
Literally every time I see She Here in her SHOUTY GLASSES with her overdone brows I think of him. Every time. It’s a bold look. And not in a red lip way either

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
'Can I put this into perspective for you, to explain perhaps how we are talking about something very different?' is so passive aggressive and patronising. :rolleyes:

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Can't stop, won't stop :rolleyes:

This is really annoying me now. How dare she make money and gain sympathy selling her uninformed crap about 'dragging' sites! She herself says she never (has never?) looks here, so how can she authoritatively pronounce on what does or does not happen? Why is it ok for her to slag off our informed, evidence-based conversations while she gets spreads misinformation apparently told to her by her 'friends'? I am glad that we at least are curious enough to investigate what she says, as shown by the number of us that have joined as a result of her venom about here. Rant over!

• Heart

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
She really does @Mustard
From an article a few years ago: she admits here she doesn't live in London so why have it in her Twitter bio. Oh yes, for showy reasons of course

Launches
I go to so few launches that I think my reputation among PRs is poor. Perhaps I should go to more, but for me they are not a cost effective use of my time. I don’t live in London, I’m a single mother with no paid childcare, and so to travel there in order to see a moisturiser or lipstick seems wasteful – in terms of time and money (I could have written a feature in the same time and unlike salaried journalists, I am not paid for attending launches, only for writing words). I have several branches to my job and I can’t justify going to a launch when there’s always something I should be writing at home. I also prefer not to attend functions where every journalist hears the same presentation, sees the same demonstration etc. This frustrates some brands and PRs, and I understand why. But what I tend to do instead is sit at a table in a London cafe or bar for a whole day, and have PRs drop in one after the other to discuss which products they have coming up. This way I can pack in much more information and product, have unique, tailored and more insightful conversations, and can manage my own schedule. It’s a much better way of working for me, and yields better content from my perspective.
Jesus Christ, so full of her own self-importance every word is dripping with it.

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
ss.PNG

Translation: please shower me with compliments telling me I don't look like a smacked arse (I know I don't, but hey - I really hate selfies)

• Haha

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
It’s all just so bloody hypocritical. I didn’t know who Em Sheldon was, but one glance at her Twitter feed has her tweeting about Love Island every night, and it’s clear she doesn’t like one particular contestant (I don’t watch so can’t comment further).

I am sick of influencers getting on their soapboxes and conflating the likes of us with the truly abusive people who send them nasty messages.

If one more person makes the false comparison between the England player’s direct racist abuse and women on Tattle & M**snet discussing the unflattering hair colour someone chose, I will truly lose my shit.

• Heart

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
I detect woman-on-woman sexism when a someone tells me what I should or shouldn't comment on online.
Basically it's She Here's same old mantra: praise or shut up.

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I couldn’t. Give a hoot about her hand skin, but there is a good reason for it.
No word yet on whether ichthyosis causes snarky replies to the blue-tick-less, general rudeness or an inability to disclose paid partnerships and ads....

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She Here on her mission to sort the environmental crisis by encouraging us to buy shit loads more stuff again. So sick of her refrain of just chuck it in the recycling bin. Embarrassed for her blatant promotion of over consumption with a desperate nod to green values. Nearly as cringe as her Hush ads RIP
Annoying isn't it?
The best thing companies can do to be truly sustainable is stop manufacturing stuff. The process of making it can't be green, plus transport etc. How does Sali think all these marvellous ingredients arrive at the factory?
The only truly sustainable answer is don't keep buying stuff. Quite depressingly so many replies under her IG were 'ooh lovely ordering now' rather than 'I really don't need anything now but will bear it in mind for the future.
But when one's 'passion is product' (plus encouraging others to be the same) we all know that Sali will never change.

• Sick
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Plus when Sali writes an 'entire column' that means three products recommended at most, sometimes just one, and more often than not pricey.

Yel

Chatty Member
Streisand Effect
Without all the promotion these people have given here it would have stayed as a pretty niche site 🤦‍♀️! now over 300k+ read here every week.

What gets them most is people here largely used to be fans, but then there was just one too many shady and once the trust is lost that's it gone for good.

Sali will endlessly bleet on that the "Sali is beautiful inside and out and you lot are ugly vile trolls" messages are deleted because she has precious little to counter people's valid views.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
I don't understand this caption. The phrase means "enrage". Doesn't it?

Screenshot_20210802-111606_Instagram.jpg

ETA:
Screenshot_20210802-112230_Chrome.jpg

I mean we know it doesn't take very much to wind SALI up but still...?

• Haha