Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
This morning’s was the oddest, most uncomfortable Guardian Colin of hers I’ve ever read. Literally, what did I just read?!

interesting also that for all her aggression and snippiness in her Twitter responses to perfectly polite people asking questions, she’s not assertive enough in real life to speak up when a pedicure is hurting her?!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Yel

Chatty Member
(sorry I'm probably repeating what's been done before😬!)
Were the comments on her column really that bad 8 years ago?

Just reading her most popular blog post and it seems a tad hyperbolic. I don't think anyone judges someone for wanting their skin to look healthy and clear. However the beauty industry is very wasteful, praying on insecurities with lots of products based on hot air. Having a few products that work isn't going to fly in a capitalist world. Of course making someone feel good is good, but there's plenty to be sceptical about.

Before freaky Friday and us racist trolls forced comments to be disabled forever I didn't see comments that reflect this clap back.

Screenshot_20210729-120537_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-120304_Chrome.jpg

I like how she only pops up in the replies (of the first couple of pages that I read before getting bored) to say she's already done that in full and correct her name 😆
Screenshot_20210729-120326_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210729-121810_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Aude

VIP Member
I've got a simpler idea for Cerave or any other brand wanting to reduce beauty industry waste and support hygiene poverty charities.

Ask the beauty journalist/digital talent* which version/s of the product they'd like to try (and maybe keep a record for future reference) and send them a sample of the version/s they choose in a small recyclable container. Then, separately, make a donation of products to a hygeine poverty charity. And, by all means, tell the journalist/influencer what you're doing in case they want to mention it to their readers/followers.

Wouldn't that be more a sustainable (and cheaper and less labour-intensive) option than packing and shipping those hefty bottles around the country and then re-shipping some/most of them on to another destination?

*In how many ways can SH not say 'influencer'?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I really wish there would be a good programme/discussion about influencers, SM and the criticism they get. It is quite fascinating why a place Tattle is so popular.
I'm afraid the David Baddiel thing will definitely not be it. He is rather like Sali in that the awful things he has said and done are dismissed with an airy wave of the hand 'oh it was different back then and if you remind me of it you are a troll'.
His include the repeatedly doing blackface and mocking a black footballer with hilarious pineapple dreadlocks, and after seeing Kathleen Turner in a stage production of The Graduate calling her 'a fat bird with small tits'.
It's become increasingly obvious over time that those who clutch their pearls the hardest and scream the loudest online while pointing huge wagging fingers at others over ists and isms and phobes were usually guilty as fuck of whatever it is they claim to be concerned about at some point in their past. Time and time and time again the pattern occurs. A good example is any of the endless self-identified 'male feminists' on various platforms going around scolding everyone (and especially women who don't agree with them), who always seem to turn out to have a history of sexual offences or domestic violence or grand scale harrassment IRL against women. It's a classic diversionary tactic to accuse others of whatever it is that you have been doing, that I don't even think most of them are even aware of indulging in, psychologically.

Or in media circles they're just bandwagon jumpers, doing whatever the industry deems necessary to stay current and get the TV appearances and columns etc etc. A rain of hot piss on all of them.

I don't have an issue with Baddiel's past comedy, it is what it is and was. I enjoy lots of shit from that era. What I have an issue with is ageing comics who've stopped being funny reinventing themselves as pious, purse-mouthed little wokescolds heaping judgment on whoever and whenever for their own current benefit from the mansions their past paid for, knowing full well that past doesn't stand up to their own alleged current standards. The more sanctimonious they are, the worse they were in the past seems the general rule.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
@Yel Sali's back with her favourite refrain! "forum admins constantly delete positive comments!" :rolleyes: Feels an apt time to thank you and the other Mods for the work you do keeping this site running!

• Heart

melfish

VIP Member
I had a weird dream nightmare a couple of nights ago and I was at Sali’s house.
Fixed

I really think we are transitioning into the time of anti-influencing. The minute I see someone I follow is now shilling random things, particularly when I know or find out said thing is crap, it undermines everything they say for me. I automatically start distrusting them and second-guessing whether they have financial interests in saying what they are saying and usually I just unfollow because what's even the point if I am just having more stuff rammed down my throat?

Last edited:
  • Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I’ve been looking over the earlier threads 3/4 and the tweets about Dawn are still shocking in their spite and the glee within that group as they retweeted. .

Sali’s excuse that a friend had told lies about Dawn just doesn’t cut it. There were also tweets about Diane Abbott, Kylie , X factor contestants and Katie Price that Sali has deleted but she’s still on the retweet.

I know this is old ground but it’s worth remembering how cruel and bitchy Sali has been in the past.

• Sick

rosemarina

VIP Member
Her trying to make “dragging” happen is so embarrassing. Also it just sends people here when they end up Googling whatever the hell a dragging site is.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Tattle was talked about on Woman's Hour this morning (on BBC Sounds, starts about 2 minutes in). The usual faux amazement from all concerned that 'middle aged women! With jobs! And children!' contribute to places like here.
The contributor even had the nerve to equate her experience to the England footballers.
Sali not mentioned amazingly.

• Haha
  • Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Also, pull the other one Sali, it's got bells on. We all know you insert yourself at every possible opportunity into any discussion on this subject. There's no way in hell it's believable that you turned down the opportunity to get on your soapbox

• Heart
  • Haha

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I met her at a foundation matching event, and she offered me a selfie with her. I declined (why would I need a selfie unless I was gonna arse kiss her by tagging her on fb later?)
But yeah she doesn’t dislike selfies IRL…

• Haha
  • Wow

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
Shouldn’t the Telegraph be writing about how Boris Johnson is ruining lives, starving children and destroying the peace process.

oh wait, they support that.

Aude

VIP Member
Another shoddy article about influencers/Em Sheldon in the broadsheets today (the Times in this case). Readers' comments more insightful than the article. e.g. 'People are using their hurt feelings to accuse others of abuse'.

1626561756049.png

1626561823035.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22

really_whythough

Chatty Member
Thread lurker here! 👋 Just had to say how odd it seemed that she still tipped the tech who injured her and had to tell us she did. Surely a helpful discussion on how the treatment had gone wrong would have done more for their career and benefitted future clients than bunging them a fiver?

Sali’s rant first alerted me to the existence of tattle and I’m very glad to be through the looking glass!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

dunhill

While I know that Prada's aesthetic can often be on the charity shop side, I genuinely thought her shoes were charity shops finds. It must be the way she wears them. I am not a fan of the dress. Lovely colour on her, but I don't think the proportions work. All that money spent on an outfit that looks like it came from Brighton Flea Market.

What I was most shocked about are the differences between the pictures taken of her by others and her selfies. I genuinely would not have recognised her sitting at the wedding ceremony if I hadn't have known it was her.

As an aside, I do not know where my dislike of this woman has come from 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

Clovis

VIP Member
I find that everything she writes reads like a parody. It's hard to recognise the real Sali from the Tattle mickey takes.

• Haha
  • Heart