Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spanner

Chatty Member
I think she actively wants people to come here now. It’ll always be the majority of people who don’t bother reading Tattle anyway and it’s an active income stream for her now. Professional go-to victim of nasty trolls.

Also, we can’t ALL be people she kicked off the forum! I’m still on there. And the Facebook group. And Instagram. Hiding in plain sight! Who knows, I might be FeeBee!

(before she starts on the “and then they stole my friend’s identity!!!” angle, I am happy to confirm, I am probably not FeeBee)

• Haha
Reactions: 21

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Agreed @Lanavalentine , this was a terrible terrible mistake. All for a few silvery hairs that actually looked lovely? It reminds me those memes you see of someone finding a spider in their house and setting the house on fire to get rid of the spider

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
That is it. More vital complicated steps introduced to your routine (serums, acids, toners, etc etc etc) . And the 'switch ups' from season to season as a reason to buy more. All presented as normal. More reasons to feel shame for looking your age as you simply weren't doing enough or trying hard enough or buying enough. This empowerment to look good I think is actually quite a pressure.
I hear Sali talking about her routine and it is quite honestly gobbledegook. So many fucking things and rules about the order of them. It's like a chemical experiment on your face constantly. (Ignoring the fact she ignores her botox and tweakments).
And don't forget fragrance wardrobes. The "switching it up for summer" thing had me :rolleyes: You're right, it is pressure. Insidious pressure, day in and day out. A creeping feeling that you're not doing "enough". It's never enough though, is it? That's how capitalism works

• Heart
  • Sad

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
Hiya

I had a singularly cosseting experience today, soothing my distressed and harassed tresses with a trip to the hair salon.

(I PAID, OBVS)

• Haha
  • Heart

Wobblehead

VIP Member
A bit OT but I had irrational rage watching Zanna Roberts’ (Milk Make up founder) take over of cult beauty insta. Another privileged women/boss babe who makes out that getting ready only takes 2 minutes because you know she is a busy working mum and has no time but still looks effortlessly impeccable and glamorous. Oh do fuck off with your talking bollocks.

• Wow
  • Haha

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
The victim narrative headlines her CV these days
Sali Hughes (with an i, not a y)
World’s foremost victim of cyber bullying

Other experience:
Professional journalist & broadcaster
Best-selling author
Co-founder of Beauty Banks
First woman to ever dye her hair blonde grey
Inventor of squalane
Creator of maintenance shags
Prolific tweeter, including public shaming of women

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She's got something else in The Guardian today
That article. Omg. Not just Sali's bit but all of it. It really is 'Going on holiday for Dummies'.
Along the lines of 'Remember to take clothes suitable for your destination eg if going somewhere hot and by the sea pop a swimsuit in your luggage'.

• Haha

Custardo

I like how a lot of her posts now give an "affordable version" of one of her pieces of jewellery. Perhaps she doesn't mean it like that, but it reads a bit, "I know you can't afford MY version, plebs" 😆

• Haha
  • Sick

melfish

VIP Member
Seems like Sali has traded a pebbly shit beach for a sandy shit beach 😆

I won't apologise for my beach snobbery

On a scale of zero to Bora Bora, Brighton Beach gets a 1

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Happy 3rd birthday to Tattle! Still going strong despite influencers best efforts to shut you down

(Remember that petition that was shared almost 2 years ago)

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Look fantastic also have 25% off on La Roche Posay at the moment (not required, not an ad etc).

Skin unsheathed just makes me think of that awful word “degloved” and makes me want to vomit.

“Immediate perk” is also a bit wtf?
Unsheathed also makes me want to heave

The way she describes products never fails to both annoy and baffle me. 'immediate perk'? What? and the bloody 'comforting' :rolleyes: and 'comfortable ride'?!?!
Ride is Irish slang for shag (or a hot person), just saying 😛

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Possibly doing her a disservice, but I am just waiting for her to draw parallels between the online abuse Marcus Rashford gets and herself.

• Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The comments are fairly mixed, with a number taking what she says at face value and assuming she really is being trolled.

In her various interviews she seems to do what SH has done - appearing to give examples of what's said here but making them sound much more sinister. In the Woman's Hour interview the other day ES says 'People say they are going to get all my passwords and bring my business down' - which sounded pretty terrible, as if people were plotting to hack into her account.
The Em Sheldon WH interview was, as you say, classic for Sali tactics. She said a couple of times 'trolls kept saying they wished I didn't exist' - implying people wished she was dead. But it turned out people wished there wasn't such a thing as influencing as a whole. So completely different.
Exactly like Sali kept saying 'people want me to lose my job'. The main bulk of comments about this have always been that if the columns are continually going to be as half arsed and biased towards certain brands then The Guardian should get someone new.
So yes *technically* she is right, but she applies a sort of mad slavering unfocused bitchy slant to it.
The Times comments are spot on. Any kind of negative critical comment is viewed by them as trolling and bullying. They never ever mention the real concerns people have with them eg the shilling, lack of clarity over advertising, constant pushing of certain brands for their own ends (cough Hershesons cough) etc etc. They mention the few rather silly, harmless and exaggerated comments, eg in Sali's case her husband being a useful nanny. Obviously to anyone with half a brain cell this was hyperbole and a lighthearted comment - made once I think - and I personally don't think even particularly insulting. But the spin Sali put on it - 'they said I only married my husband because I wanted a free nanny. The kindest, most decent person I have ever met. It was deeply hurtful and a LIE'. Why on earth is it remotely hurtful if she and almost everyone knows it isn't true? An off the cuff comment - rather than someone doing deep research and background checks to come to that conclusion.
I presume this ONE nanny comment is the basis for her constant assertions 'they talk about my marriage'. Because we simply don't. How can we when we know fuck all about it apart from what she choses to put in the public domain?

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member

"While I very much appreciate the beauty in some objet d’art pulled from a posh clutch and used to paint a mouth at a restaurant table, it’s the prosaic problem-solvers that excite me most. "

Can't go a column without referring to the public application of makeup! :LOL:

• Haha
  • Sick
Oh. My. God. She is advising people to put creams onto open wounds. Please please please don’t do this. Better to use hydrocolloid dressings (like compeed, but you can buy non branded a lot cheaper), it will heal it safely without potentially introducing bacteria.

• Sick
  • Heart

usandthem

I don’t get it- so it’s ok for SH to delete anyone she perceives as a ‘person from a dragging forum’ (whatever that means) on her social media platforms, but it’s not ok for a ‘dragging forum’ to have their own rules about deleting comments. Btw I’ve seen countless positive comments on here and not just about her. The only comments that I’ve seen deleted are the ones not compliant with the standards of being reasonable and non-abusive. I wouldn’t be visiting this place if it didn’t allow free speech or was lax about abusive language. It’s not rocket science, which somehow other SM outlets can’t seem to get on top of.

As for SH, heck, we used to be her followers once. She was happy when we showered her with praise then, but can’t grasp that people change their opinions and she herself has driven that change.

For the record, I think she has lovely eyes and the shoes she wore with the Chanel outfit were ace. There, that’s positive 😛