Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
She wrote a whole article about how some cheap items are better than posh. Chocolate was one of those things 🤣
To be fair, I would not be surprised if She Here thinks of Tony’s as cheap; it’s £3.50 for 180g, so significantly more expensive than the cheap brands, but fairly reasonable compared to the artisanal brands that you can’t get in the supermarket etc.

Anyway, this exchange in the comments did tickle me:

0167558D-5721-46F8-B3CD-B039A098A234.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
This is not an ad, She here states at the beginning.

She might not have received payment but it’s still being named and advertised in positive, glowing terms on a massive platform to all of her followers.

How can it not be an ad?

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
The segue into the RuPaul compliment, someone asking if she was ok for wearing black, her no doubt being annoyed that the persona of summer goth is in her head and not known to everyone. This material should be spaced out, it's too good 🤣
Her husband has plenty of fodder should he wish to write a sitcom about a woman who is the Basil Fawlty of the beauty industry, obsequious and prickly in equal measure.

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I can't take any of these so called journalists seriously until they learn what trolling and abuse actually is.

People expressing opinions after Sali is paid to write stories about her hair (not @ her - on a site she'd have to go out of her way to read) that they think it's blonde not gray is neither trolling or abuse.

Edit: There are posts on tattle calling people fat and ugly etc, but what % are those? 0.01% or 0.001%? Either way it's a tiny amount of the comments and so disingenuous to say that's what tattle is about. If someone is just being abusive and not adding much they do get banned pretty quickly.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Missypissy

Fully laughing my tits off at She Here thinking "PEOPLE'S QUESTIONS" are a valid reason to delete a vt. Sure. The expertise of the content was just fine. IT WAS YOU GUYS WHO WERE CONFUSED. An offer to re edit for clarity from the woman who usually can't even be arsed to link her own articles even when she has written a WHOLE COLUMN ON THAT EXACT THING YOU HALF WITS. Her red lippy will be worn to a nub trying to make this shill fail grand.

LOOK SOME TROUSERS
A DOG
SOME BOOZE
move along now

• Haha
  • Heart

usandthem

Annoying isn't it?
The best thing companies can do to be truly sustainable is stop manufacturing stuff. The process of making it can't be green, plus transport etc. How does Sali think all these marvellous ingredients arrive at the factory?
The only truly sustainable answer is don't keep buying stuff. Quite depressingly so many replies under her IG were 'ooh lovely ordering now' rather than 'I really don't need anything now but will bear it in mind for the future.
But when one's 'passion is product' (plus encouraging others to be the same) we all know that Sali will never change.
This pretty much sums up my philosophy as a consumer right now. I’ve been guilty of over-consumption in the past and now I try and think of I really need to buy this new product or is it just a need to scratch an itch because I’m tired/bored whatever. For example, I love nail varnishes and realised I had over 50, so I banned myself last year from buying more until I’ve used those up. I won’t be buying new eye powder eye shadows also as I have a drawer-full of palettes and they keep forever. Trying to fo the same with clothes.

It’s quite sickening that we get sucked into this, and people like SH are the worst for spurring us on to buy more all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Yel

Chatty Member
Does she really not have anyone around her prepared to tell her to give it up? It's not a good thing (for herself) that she's become a rent a commentator to talk about trolls everytime they need someone.

It's indulging her delusions and egging her to carry on.

Her version of events gets ever more detached from reality.

"They spoke about my sex life!" ~ a furious Sali Hughes

Omitting of course that she was the one that accepted work to write about her sex life and release it online 🤦‍♀️

• Sick
  • Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
"Mentalist tin foil hat" theory incoming. But I do wonder if this recent spate of influencers going on about trolls is because they're worrying they are losing relevance and this is their way of keeping themselves in the conversation, especially if they can insert themselves into the actual trolling received by Marcus Rashford etc

I mean, you'd have to be living under a rock to not have heard of the football team and what they've experienced. Influencers on the other hand aren't a household name outside of the circles that are interested in them. So if people hear about influencers alongside Rashford etc they'll think oh that's terrible. I could be talking absolute rubbish of course. I just think that influencers know the gravy train won't last forever and they're trying to keep it going

• Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Can't stop, won't stop :rolleyes:

Not that old nonsense. Sali runs her own forums which have rules. If anyone went on her groups and said 'well I love Tattle Life and agree with their criticism of Sali and other scamming influencers' they would quite rightly be blocked.
Different groups have different rules. It isn't a fucking legal requirement to give an equal say to everyone. Most online groups and forums are run under a benign dictatorship for the smooth and efficient running of them.
She knows this. Why is she pretending here is so unusual?

And I wish she'd stop trying to make 'dragging' a thing. Literally nobody but Sali uses it. It will not catch on.

• Haha

Annasho

What a thick take! We don't like that people are making money?! So that would be all of society that is in employment in that case. These people really aren't the brightest
It's the old assumption that jealousy fuels anyone who has a different take. I couldn't be less jealous of the influencer life. It looks like such a shallow, hollow existence.

• Heart

Pixie06

VIP Member
They have chosen to live as door to door salesmen on the internet. If they want privacy they can get normal jobs, which are usually reviewed with an appraisal. They don’t get these, and seem to fragile to be reviewed by their customers and employees, ie: US!

• Heart

parrot

Sorry but I must object! It is very much an Irish saying!
I noticed she also uses 'the absolute state of this/him/her a lot recently - that is irish too I think?

I bumped into a friend the other day who had let her hair go quite grey over lockdown - she had dyed it brown (like she used to in the past). I said it was nice and she said 'Do you know the guardian beauty journalist Sali Hughes? Have you seen that she dyed her hair grey? And she looks SO much older it made me think I really should dye mine again' !!

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
Why even reply? :sick:

One of the two replies on twitter to her column, the other politely suggesting she might be diabetic

• Haha
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Omg those nails 😬 They look so tacky. They are so long and plastic looking and dipped in cheapo glitter.
I can only assume Lilly must hate her.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Also, regarding that eye cream post: the poster had asked for retinol eye cream recommendations. I had a look and her eye cream column did not reference retinol. Fee didn't even properly read the message, just wanted clout from Sali for being a good little minion

• Haha
  • Sick

rosemarina

VIP Member
I think it's such a Mean Gil thing to do, this she has habit of not saying anything at the time and then slagging the person off behind their back. The makeup artist for her first wedding springs to mind too. Imagine how it would feel to think you'd done a good job and then one day see her making a whole column/book out of how shit you were (but she's such a good person because she tipped anyway!).

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Jones Road sounds like Tesco trying to make a knock off of Molton Brown.
I am a racist troll who hates the Welsh though, that’s my real beef with this Jones stuff.

• Haha