Sali Hughes #36 She irons her face, rather than her shirt.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She sounds like an addict in denial trying to justify her appalling past behaviour.

trying to make out that bullying someone relentlessly with a group of nasty mates on a public forum is fine. She might have apologised for “hurt feelings” but absolutely no recognition that it constitutes bullying.

It’s in a league of shittiness far beyond people discussing things she herself posted publicly.

Reactions: 9
I think it was probably a huge deal for her to acknowledge that she had behaved badly (and only did so in response to irrefutable evidence). So the nearest she could get to it was to a) apologise for hurt feelings and b) imply that there had been fault on both sides.

I've probably mentioned before a book about cognitive dissonance that her behaviour often brings to mind. It's called 'Mistakes were made (but not by me): Why we justify foolish beliefs, bad decisions and hurtful actions'.

Reactions: 19
You did mention that book, I ordered it at the time! It's still in my massive to read pile but I'll get to it someday

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think it was probably a huge deal for her to acknowledge that she had behaved badly (and only did so in response to irrefutable evidence). So the nearest she could get to it was to a) apologise for hurt feelings and b) imply that there had been fault on both sides.

I've probably mentioned before a book about cognitive dissonance that her behaviour often brings to mind. It's called 'Mistakes were made (but not by me): Why we justify foolish beliefs, bad decisions and hurtful actions'.
Sounds an interesting book.

Reactions: 3
Why did she think it wouldn’t hurt feelings?

it’s quite - sorry if you feel <<insert maligned emotion>>.

How peculiar it all is.

I was such a mega fan of hers an’ all.

• Sad
Mm sadly Sali's assertion that she stopped making twitter comments when she knew Dawn was hurt is simply not true.
Another 'coven' member told the rest that Dawn was aware of the bitching and they just carried on.
Plus honestly who needed to be told their comments would be upsetting.

Reactions: 13
I recall it as having a girl eating crackers vibe. Meme below for the unfamiliar:
1324596542030_7713053.png

Just a cabal of blue tick media types having a giggle at someone's expense until they were caught at it and mass deleted.

Reactions: 13
I’ve been looking over the earlier threads 3/4 and the tweets about Dawn are still shocking in their spite and the glee within that group as they retweeted. .

Sali’s excuse that a friend had told lies about Dawn just doesn’t cut it. There were also tweets about Diane Abbott, Kylie , X factor contestants and Katie Price that Sali has deleted but she’s still on the retweet.

I know this is old ground but it’s worth remembering how cruel and bitchy Sali has been in the past.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
I am sure Alexandra Heminsley would have some gems to share about Sali as a person

The others in her girl gang have their heads too far up their own arses to notice

Reactions: 8
Not one of them gives me "she seems like the kind of interesting person I'd to hang out with" vibes. Not one

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ooh who is this?
Another writer, Sali and her were self described 'besties' at one point and Sali even credited Alexandra with saving her life. And then nothing. There were a few mentions by Sali of being 'ghosted' by a friend

There were also a few subtweets from Alexandra about Sali, I can't remember exactly what though. Stuff about influencers though, definitely aimed at Sali

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I know this is old ground but it’s worth remembering how cruel and bitchy Sali has been in the past.
I'm convinced that is how she built up her following and got in with India, Caitlin, Lauren Laverne etc. And her higher profile on the back of that bitchiness helped her get the Guardian column as well as make some the connections she has.
It's what makes her apparent puzzlement at posters here so disingenuous, pretending that she does not understand the impulse to slag strangers off and to bond with people over that shared dislike (I won't use the hyperbolic word hate that SH is so found of employing when on about here). The pisstaking and mockery here has not come anywhere near the vitriolic showboating SH did on Twitter when she "had very few followers".

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve heard on the grapevine that they simply moved over to google hangouts once it became not quite the thing to be an absolute bleep on Twitter.

• Wow
I’ve heard on the grapevine that they simply moved over to google hangouts once it became not quite the thing to be an absolute bleep on Twitter.
Google hangouts still exists? I thought it died a death 10 years ago

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.