Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
This just mists over makeup, maybe midmorning when the skincare grunt work is long since done and when you’re most likely to need a pick-me-up.

WTF? So what do you do in the afternoon? Bucket of water over the head?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
You QUESTIONED her? Through the one way praise channel? Oh my love, come and sit in the sewer.
Yes Sali is not a fan of anything other than being unquestioned and adored. You monetise your private life and then have a 'nervo' over people mentioning said private life. Quite the conundrum 🤔

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Why is she going off about here again? I think Tattle is a whipping boy because a) she hates her hair and b) someone in her own group said it looked blonde and c) she hates her hair.
BTW I hope she called that dear old friend a beef face and sewer rat because as we know anyone who even looks here is part of the problem and probably mentally unwell. As for joining up {{{shudder}}}

• Haha
  • Heart

Coco De Moll

I’m a massive LE fan and have followed since the early days when she was involved with No7. I messaged her once on FB and she responded directly with so much grace. She just comes across as such a lovely woman and talented to boot.

Not ashamed to say I’m happy to spend money on whatever products she comes up with and not been disappointed so far- have couple of her rings (the cheapest in the range) and 4-5 of her lipsticks, pencil, lips gloss and they are all great. Trying to avoid looking at the new products she’s released as only recently stocked up on couple of lovely blushes from Iconic and feel there no needed to spend more on new products.

To me she is a true star and a person that inspires people. Really enjoyed her make up documentary on the BBC.

I have met Lisa and she was so generous and gracious and incredibly beautiful in person. I have had a few twitter convos with her in the past as well. She seems very humble and sweet. Her husband was equally lovely and gracious. I can't imagine anyone not liking her!

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Call me crazy, I have a little known secret it called "a make up bag". It's a revolutionary thing that you can put in your handbag AND remove it from one bag and put in another. Fucking wild right?!
Oh dear that will never catch on. One simply needs numerous 'pouches' - one for each bag with identical contents. That means you are a bona fide beauty nerd. Having just one of each item is simply tragic.

And Head and Shoulders 😂 No offence to H and S as they are a good solid brand but seriously? Even Sali in that article doesn't actually say she uses it (because she doesn't, as she has never ever mentioned it before). How these companies chose brand ambassadors is baffling. Tbf I do actually believe Claudia Winkleman uses it.

And fiercely private Sali discussing her family so openly after making such a hooha if they were even mentioned here is.... interesting.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
Two cult beauty links in the column. How cosy. The Guardian gets their affiliate cut, CB gets the sales, Sali still gets to pretend she's a journalist 🥰

• Angry
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She irks the absolute holy hell out of me. The opening para of that Vogue article. What’s wrong with “sleeping with young men” REGARDLESS of your age if both you and said “young men” are consenting adults and how does one dress as a “college student”, you know, that totally homogenous bunch that they are. Its yet again her same schtick of snottily judging other women in contrast to her “I’m so edgy and interesting, me” ‘she here’ self.
Eleven plus years of this tired old ‘other women are shite, I’m so cool’. Also, going back to Vogue first para, how the hell does the face full of ‘weak dilute’ that has changed its shape and sent her eyebrows in desperate search of her hairline square with her ACCELERATING the aging process? Grrrr

Phew glad I’ve got that off my chest. Sorry :mad:As you were!
I read that article when I still liked her and remember at the time being mortified with second hand embarrassment. So cringe. The utter self belief Sali has she is so unique and quirky and other. I think most of us think that when we are about 15. But grow out of it. Or at least don't commit those inane thoughts to paper.
There is a similar passage in Pretty Honest that made me squirm. Can't remember it exactly but the gist is about her extensive collection of beauty products. When men come round they look at the vast amounts of stuff 'then at the tiny person in front of them in a onesie with bacon grease smeared on her face and wonder how she uses it all'. 🤢 (Obviously pre vegetarian). How eccentric!

Btw Quizness on now. I genuinely cannot be arsed even for a laugh.

• Haha
  • Sick

Tesla's Ghost

VIP Member
Developing social skills = learning how to lie :unsure:

She literally said what she saw. Fuck that! And had to apologize for a completely neutral statement.

• Heart

usandthem

I find it a strange choice to go to a teaching academy for such a ‘complex case’. Nothing against them, I think they are great ways of getting a cut or colour and I’ve used them on several occasions in my 20s. But surely she wanted to have it done by the best hairdresser she had access to. My guess is that no experienced paid hairdresser would have not taken her ‘complex case’ on under the terms of doing it in one go like she wanted. A good colourist would have explained the dangers of over processing and tried to sway her to do it in stages or offer alternative ways of dealing with the greys without the need to bleach.
Her hair now looks muddy and uneven because it was not lifted enough in the first place. Lifting to white blonde would have achieved the base to give her the grey final effect she was after but that’s super hard and damaging to the hair.
She could still pursue that in a while but it would mean yet more bleaching the hair and maybe a lot of the lengths taken off to deal with the damage. Sali would look great with a shorter, below the chin bob.

Icicles

I’m letting my grey come through. About 3 years ago I was having a lot of colour on my hair - highlights, balayage, root tint, the works. My hairdresser / colourist is very experienced and is a teacher and ambassador for L’Oreal - based in NW England. I have a very strong grey / white streak at the front which has been there since I was in my late 20’s. Hairstyle has changed over the years - I’ve had long, layered shaggy styles to sleek bobs. When I had my Bob I used to keep the streak out and colour the rest, so I’ve always embraced it when I’ve wanted to.
Anyway I was sick of the expense and time I was spending in the chair - although my colour was great - I wanted something more low maintenance so I decided to work with the grey as opposed to against it. So for the past few years I’ve been having a full head of highlights, different tones which work with the grey - there’s no regrowth line and my hair is in good condition plus with lockdowns I’ve not felt like I’ve needed my hair doing. Will attach a picture of my natural colour. I’ve not had any colour on since August last year.
Hello,
Ive done the same as Badabing. Naturally dark , was dying my hair at home for years . So sick of it . A white line would sprout right in front of my hairline about 10 days after a dye job. I assumed I was very white. I wasnt , it was a white streak either side of my hair line at the front that i now love.
I went blonde which meant an all over high lift ( I think) - a blonde colour was added plus pure bleach highlights. Ive realised since that it was the all over colour that was going ( a little ) brassy. It was beautifully done by a local hairdresser .
In lockdown that hairdresser gave me the formula for the toner she used so I could do it myself. She did not ask for a penny but when I saw her I insisted on paying for that information in an extra generous tip. It’s the poor that are generous isn’t it 😁
I grew it all out over lockdown . No fucks given . I could see tones of dark and light which I liked but there was a demarcation line where the all over colour had been , though the toner helped a lot.I am about 70 % grey now.
The hairdresser said it was the perfect opportunity to do hundreds of thin bleach highlights, which she did . So its a mix of my own colour and bleach highlights . She said I could grow it all out again and it would still look good or get at least 6 months out of it before needing highlights again

Sorry for the length of this but it might help someone . I hadn’t a clue when I decided to stop using the Nice n Easy brown but this is what I’ve learnt .

• Heart
Why is the Vogue article written like she is the authority on dyed grey hair? She’s had it for a few days.
I can’t say I’m a fan of it, but I’m not allergic to anything in hair dye and am free to do what I want with my greys. Maybe I’d feel different if I was and would want to go grey,too. I always thought the amount of natural grey she had suited her and wasn’t really noticeable, but then I suppose we see these sorts of things more strongly in ourselves than other people do.

I used to bleach my own hair and I swear it looked in better condition than that. And I’m definitely not some sort of senior hair educator type.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Also: regarding Sali taking umbrage to brassy: what happened to "it doesn't matter what you want to call it as long as I'm happy"?

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Am I right in saying this all stemmed from someone on the facebook group saying her hair looked blonde, talking about her in the third person and saying her case was complicated instead of complex?!

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
I don't enjoy celebrity and I'm very aware of the desperation that surrounds it. It's an odd lifestyle to pursue.

We're all just people. Some of us are good at our jobs, hugely talented, massively skilled, beautiful, intelligent, charismatic, funny, but we don't all need or get a round of applause! We don't all need to document our every move, every makeup application, every 'witty' interaction with our friends. As normal folk, we just get on with our lives. It's all fine.

I increasingly find myself questioning the motives and mentality of people that do need to feel that they're special and different and the people who enable it. What do they get out of it?
This! It's a fascinating topic, isn't it? I am both shy and introverted, so the very idea of seeking out this kind of attention is incomprehensible. I don't even like people singing happy birthday to me (what are you meant to do while that is happening?). Do you know of any books that delve into this subject? Particularly the part about people who feel they are special and different and deserve to be put on a pedestal? (Sali falls very much into this camp, I feel)

• Heart
  • Haha