Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Badabing101

VIP Member
You get the gist - it’s fine, but I’ve a lot of it and the texture has changed with the grey coming through. It looks very fluffy below, which I suppose it is.

2276F565-6294-4AB3-B477-A9163B91E986.jpeg

I should have brushed it really

• Heart
Reactions: 22

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
Firstly - this is so boring, I can't believe I'm reading/thinking/investing my time in someone else's hairdo.

BUT

it's not really about the hairdo is it? It's about double standards.

It's the mumsnet crew and her own FB group who said 'blonde', not us. There are three pages on the hairdo on Mumsnet - is that a pit of pure evil/vipers/bin folk? Just want to know. Some of us (me included) said we liked it. The amount of pure white-hot RAAAAGE coming from her on that screenshotted post is really disconcerting.

Is she sure she isn't there yet? I went a bit like that when I had my menopause.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
There are options if you are unable to use said toners/dyes due to ingredients.

Direct dyes, though technically semi permanent can cover very well and last a long time, many are allergy safe and no developer required.

I had grey hair for several years, which I achieved by using a good quality bleach + silver shampoo and Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Silver dye.
I use these types of dyes as I am on long term chemotherapy and only do one process to preserve my hair integrity etc etc.

My hair is very dark with red undertones so can be particularly difficult to lift evenly ( I do it myself, #expertcolourist 😆) but the results are good even if my base isn't completely even.
You can easily vary the intensity with conditioner or mix in small amounts of other shades to neutralise particular areas for better tone overall.

The picture was taken about three weeks after dyeing so the more orange areas are more obvious, but they are just neutral/less vibrant, not brassy and strange still.
This was also six years ago, so there's way more to choose from and excellent tutorials nowadays.

It's a shame Sali had such an awful reaction before but it's so easy to avoid PPD etc if you need to, so maybe just get a fucking grip and work around it?

I don't personally use social media to speak directly with people I follow but do not know, but I really feel sad for those that do engage with her posts to be spoken to like that. It's pretty disingenuous to invite interaction in a private group in this way if you're going to be so nasty about it.
I imagine it must make those singled out feel quite upset.
Haha love the beef face 😂😂😂
Omg your hair is stunning. Just so beautiful.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
There are options if you are unable to use said toners/dyes due to ingredients.

Direct dyes, though technically semi permanent can cover very well and last a long time, many are allergy safe and no developer required.

I had grey hair for several years, which I achieved by using a good quality bleach + silver shampoo and Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Silver dye.
I use these types of dyes as I am on long term chemotherapy and only do one process to preserve my hair integrity etc etc.

My hair is very dark with red undertones so can be particularly difficult to lift evenly ( I do it myself, #expertcolourist 😆) but the results are good even if my base isn't completely even.
You can easily vary the intensity with conditioner or mix in small amounts of other shades to neutralise particular areas for better tone overall.

The picture was taken about three weeks after dyeing so the more orange areas are more obvious, but they are just neutral/less vibrant, not brassy and strange still.
This was also six years ago, so there's way more to choose from and excellent tutorials nowadays.

It's a shame Sali had such an awful reaction before but it's so easy to avoid PPD etc if you need to, so maybe just get a fucking grip and work around it?

I don't personally use social media to speak directly with people I follow but do not know, but I really feel sad for those that do engage with her posts to be spoken to like that. It's pretty disingenuous to invite interaction in a private group in this way if you're going to be so nasty about it.
I imagine it must make those singled out feel quite upset.
Lovely colour, what foundation are you wearing there? Moobelline?

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
Anyone who has to run around saying "I am a good person" out loud ...

⚠🔔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
Giving birth I felt like my insides were being torn apart...I'm a very basic bitch cause facial mists didn’t cross my mind! I'm afraid my skin wasn't juicy either....
If someone sprayed me with a facial mist while I was in labour I would have punched them.

• Haha
  • Heart

Gairlfb

Chatty Member
Here is the piece if anyone wants to read it

Looks like some high scoring Sali bingo in this, I only skim read and already got paleness and Zoom references

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I had a look at the Mumsnet thread. Actual LOL at the comment below in bold. Sali's thread is probably the tamest of all the influencer threads that I've seen. An extraordinary level of vitriol, please! As for the theory that everyone dislikes Sali because she's 'so pretty and has a nice life', is Sali the only public figure who is pretty and has a nice life? Why don't we dislike, say, Lisa Eldridge? LE has the most enviable career imaginable and seems to have a fabulous life. So infantilising to suggest that it's down to jealousy of Sali

"I'm not a fan of influencers and I don't follow any. Give me old fashioned, hard grafting salesmen and women any day. But SH seems to attract an extraordinary level of vitriol and I have no idea why."

• Heart

The Dowager

Chatty Member
But fashion is a fickle creature, and well, colour me influenced. :sick: Just stop!

(...) two of fashion’s biggest trends of recent years: the 1990s (I have no reasonable explanation) and minimal, casual neutrals (that would be the pandemic).
Her "explanations" are a great example of what a fashion erudite she is.
She really does talk shite. A pandemic that started in early 2020 cannot conceivably be the cause of a trend in ‘recent years’. This year, sure, but not ‘recent years’. On the 90s point, I’m sure she’s saying ‘no reasonable explanation’ to be derisive about the style because surely she knows that eras tend to come around in turn, and for twenty-somethings who largely drive trends the 90s is the most recent era they didn’t experience so of course it’s back.

Someone send her that ‘how fashion works’ scene from The Devil Wears Prada, because even this sewer dweller gets it.

Also, my phone autocorrected Prada to Pravda, which made me hoot given the ‘they called me Stalin’ chat :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

MissHavisham

VIP Member
I don't understand why she bristles at the suggestion that different colours might be more flattering for her new look when she herself says at the start of her article 'I consider white, silver and grey hair chic, cool and sophisticated, but find slowly greying, salt and pepper hair absorbs light from my already pale face'. Why would salt and pepper grey sap light from her appearance but all over grey wouldn't?

Reactions: 21

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
@Annasho, such a thigh tail comment. IMO the wonders if social media have a lot to do with this truly awful phenomenon. Deliciously Stella wrote a very honest article on the topic recently:

it’s a mindfuck of a game to play being an influencer. People get sucked in and forget all the easy praise and earnings often come without a hefty MH price to pay in exchange.
The sooner social media influencers die out the better for all involved.

Unbelievably damaging in so many ways.

Hereforthefacts

Chatty Member
I've just caught up on 4 pages of giggles! I've laughed so much at all your comments. And every time I think of Sali strolling along her sandless Brighton beach hating her horrible hair I laugh even more 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
Had to come back for meltdown 2:Electric Boogaloo!
COMPLEX! NOT COMPLICATED! has the same energy as
tenor-5.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
OK, I’m wondering if I actually am a beef-faced low life... I spilt a glass of Coop prosecco into my pillow, thought ‘oh well fuck it’ but now I have kind of absorbed it like blotting paper and am chilly. Am I proving Sali’s point about this place?

• Haha

Aude

VIP Member
The mumsnet Sali Hughes goes Grey thread is worth a read. Compare and contrast with here!
Doing anything to avoid the work I'm supposed to get done by Monday, I've read the Mumsnet thread and all the comments under that 2010 Guardian article about not being a proper mum.

At what point will SH come to terms with the fact that if she puts content online people will express their views on it - whether btl on the Guardian, on Mumsnet or Tattle - and that they won't necessarily be what she wants to hear? (And, in the case of the Guardian, that if she writes about her family in a published article, comments will also mention her family.) And that these are the views of a wide range of people, not just the dozen she seems to think are commenting here because they have, unaccountably, taken against her.

• Heart
  • Haha

Vanelope

VIP Member
It’s the hypocrisy with Sali, because she herself is so rude to people, but anyone disagrees with her or says anything not fawning about her and she’s offended and blocking and sarky AF. If she was a little nicer herself I would understand the thin skin. Whoever said that Elizabeth Taylor / Joan Rivers story above - what a dame. Does help that she was acclaimed as the most beautiful woman in the world at one time - might prop the self esteem a little.

• Heart